• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Has anyone thought that Timer0s are not the only thing that trolls you, but SSF as well? I swear to you, when Timer0 wasn't trolling at the moment and found my SSF, to which I counted the amount of frame advancements required (8 on my last case), chatot flipped 8 times and landed one frame after the desired one, and I go, like FFFUUUUUUUUU...

Kalosian

So long
So I'm about to go and RNG my Latias in White 2. I know I need to save a square away, do the usual, then take the step to start the encounter. What I want to know though is are there any NPC's in the dreamyard that'll affect my frame advances. I've got a penta-flawless sync frame that only requires 60 advances so don't want a load of NPC's that take me past this.
It shouldn't be a problem, the NPC in the Dreamyard doesn't advance your frame by that much. When I did my Latios, I had a shiny frame at 50 after the starting frame and I could get it just fine. As Dewey said, it will not be a problem if you are fast enough.

Has anyone thought that Timer0s are not the only thing that trolls you, but SSF as well? I swear to you, when Timer0 wasn't trolling at the moment and found my SSF, to which I counted the amount of frame advancements required (8 on my last case), chatot flipped 8 times and landed one frame after the desired one, and I go, like FFFUUUUUUUUU...
This happens sometimes. I have never noticed it when it comes to stationary Pokemon, but it has happened for me when it comes to both eggs and catching wild Pokemon with Sweet Scent. Not sure if there is anything you can do but to try again, possibly adjusting your advancements if necessary.

That would be because of WNPCs.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
It shouldn't be a problem, the NPC in the Dreamyard doesn't advance your frame by that much. When I did my Latios, I had a shiny frame at 50 after the starting frame and I could get it just fine. As Dewey said, it will not be a problem if you are fast enough.

This happens sometimes. I have never noticed it when it comes to stationary Pokemon, but it has happened for me when it comes to both eggs and catching wild Pokemon with Sweet Scent. Not sure if there is anything you can do but to try again, possibly adjusting your advancements if necessary.

My cases are with egg abuse, this one included, the thing that arouses my rage, is when I do adjustments, like, trying only 7 chatot flips, I end up landing on the frame before the desired one, then i go "so it's back to 8 advancements, okay, I'll buy it" the I do it all over again with 8 flips, but this time the other moment killer, Timer0 remembers to go at it like in previous cases, then it's back to square one, but i'll keep trying 'til I drop.

My cases are with egg abuse, this one included, the thing that arouses my rage, is when I do adjustments, like, trying only 7 chatot flips, I end up landing on the frame before the desired one, then i go "so it's back to 8 advancements, okay, I'll buy it" the I do it all over again with 8 flips, but this time the other moment killer, Timer0 remembers to go at it like in previous cases, then it's back to square one, but i'll keep trying 'til I drop.

That would be because of WNPCs.

Since apparently you didn't see it.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Since apparently you didn't see it.

Yes I didn't saw it, I was replying to his post, and then when I posted, you posted before I did. Sorry;)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
am i doing everything right? i think my timer0 is just trolling me to death but i seriously don't understand im not hitting my seed and i did it like 20 times already...someone tells me to switch to my other most common timer...also btw im rnging genesect...for wondercards am i doing this all correct? i serach the seed under wondercard...then copy and past in the main reporter then don't do a frame start search cuaz it doesn't need for wondercards right? i thought i remember that its practily -1 frame of the starting which is 1 anyway right?the do the chatot flips and then it should hit since i have my most common timer but im not saying it will be in one try cuaz of the timer0 fluctuating...i know there no moving npc in the center...am i doing everything right? its been awhile since i did wondercards...

MSK

There is one NPC in the Dreamyard but if you are fast enough they won't advance your frame. Just note that they are their though because they can screw with your results, but again, if you are fast enough they shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks Dewey. Just another quick question because I think I'm being stupid now.
Do I RNG before I step into seeing Latias at the start of the Dreamyard and chasing him around, or do I save and RNG on the walkway after I've chased him and as he attacks me.
I think it's gonna be the second but just want to check so I don't mess it up lol

Kalosian

So long
Thanks Dewey. Just another quick question because I think I'm being stupid now.
Do I RNG before I step into seeing Latias at the start of the Dreamyard and chasing him around, or do I save and RNG on the walkway after I've chased him and as he attacks me.
I think it's gonna be the second but just want to check so I don't mess it up lol
Yes, it's the second option, you RNG it right before the battle at the walkway, not before chasing it.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
it seems everyone ignores my questions XD anyway i got help on smogon a bit but now im stuck again...now rnging wondercards on bw2 i take the intial frame-the target frame? i already checked the box for bw2 and i did do the intial frame search like i was told...i just want to make sure im doing it right? i did like 3 times so far nothing hit...

it seems everyone ignores my questions XD anyway i got help on smogon a bit but now im stuck again...now rnging wondercards on bw2 i take the intial frame-the target frame? i already checked the box for bw2 and i did do the intial frame search like i was told...i just want to make sure im doing it right? i did like 3 times so far nothing hit...

Are you RNGing your target in Castellia? There are no wnpcs there to screw with your frame advancements.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Are you RNGing your target in Castellia? There are no wnpcs there to screw with your frame advancements.

that what it it is XD no im in driftveil and really they have moving npc in all the other centers XD that sucks...alright ill do it at castellia then thanks quote :)

k_tribal

Hi there. I learned how to RNG in BW1 late last year and it's been a blast. I've been using it mostly for egg abuse since I'd caught most of my legendaries early.
I tried RNGing eggs in BW2 to avail, so I keep my breeding projects in my White with no problems at all aside from the occasional 'missed by one or two frames.'

Now I have two DS lites, both quite old. DS lite #1's battery sometimes fails to charge but the clock is flawless; while the other one, the newer one, DS lite #2's battery is in top shape but the clock on this one is broken and stuck. I exchanged their batteries later and have been RNGing fine since. Had to recalibrate and all, but no real problems.

However since the start of the new year I cannot seem to hit my desired seeds on DS1. The monster that hatches isn't even on my seed. I am, however, hitting the same particular seed since the same monster pops out every time I try to RNG an egg. Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any solutions to this at all?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Hi there. I learned how to RNG in BW1 late last year and it's been a blast. I've been using it mostly for egg abuse since I'd caught most of my legendaries early.
I tried RNGing eggs in BW2 to avail, so I keep my breeding projects in my White with no problems at all aside from the occasional 'missed by one or two frames.'

Now I have two DS lites, both quite old. DS lite #1's battery sometimes fails to charge but the clock is flawless; while the other one, the newer one, DS lite #2's battery is in top shape but the clock on this one is broken and stuck. I exchanged their batteries later and have been RNGing fine since. Had to recalibrate and all, but no real problems.

However since the start of the new year I cannot seem to hit my desired seeds on DS1. The monster that hatches isn't even on my seed. I am, however, hitting the same particular seed since the same monster pops out every time I try to RNG an egg. Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any solutions to this at all?

im not sure what your asking about you saying your ds is not hitting seeds for bw1 or bw2? sorry there just so much text im not sure what your asking XD the post is all over the place...

MSK

Yes, it's the second option, you RNG it right before the battle at the walkway, not before chasing it.

Thanks, all done now, caught her this morning :) Shiny Bold (sync) 31/24/31/31/31/31 only took me 4 Ultra Balls as well which was nice.
I ended up with a SSF of 6, handily I was doing it in increments of 2 and the frames 2 away either side were non-syncable so found it easily :)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
hey guys am i doing everything right when i search out a seed for stationary legendarys...its been awhile once again...capture tab, stationary...min/max set to 1/1 and then imput all i need check the box for sycronized only? input iv's etc and serach? also for cressila and hetran since they are not genderless...does that make a difference?

stoutshako

Pokwmon Detective
i tried watching a lot of videos but im not sure if im being extremely dumb or is the RNG reporter that seems different from the videos and guides... but i just cant get it , i mean i cant even set the setup, if someone could teach me via, skype/msn with microphone that would be awesome and ofc its not going to be free, il also give a Victini from movie 14,shaymin from movie11,Gamestop deoxys or a Plasma Genesect.

dewey911p

primus inter pares

It just sounds like you missed your Timer0, keep trying and eventually you will get it. T0 can be a royal pain sometimes.

hey guys am i doing everything right when i search out a seed for stationary legendarys...its been awhile once again...capture tab, stationary...min/max set to 1/1 and then imput all i need check the box for sycronized only? input iv's etc and serach? also for cressila and hetran since they are not genderless...does that make a difference?

Sounds like you are doing everything just fine. The "Syncronize only" box is optional, but it will only return frames that are affected by syncronize, which is always nice.

As for the gendered legends, that doesn't have any bearing on anything at all really.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
It just sounds like you missed your Timer0, keep trying and eventually you will get it. T0 can be a royal pain sometimes.

Sounds like you are doing everything just fine. The "Syncronize only" box is optional, but it will only return frames that are affected by syncronize, which is always nice.

As for the gendered legends, that doesn't have any bearing on anything at all really.

okay thanks dewey im just having a heard time searching out a seed and was making sure i was doing everything right trying to go for cressila...thats why i asked about the gender thing...