• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Ausgirl

So I can now consistently get the IVs I want when it comes to RNGing legendaries but now I need a bit of help with the shiny part. I assume that it's shiny frame -starting frame =how many custom chatot. Is this right?

And thanks for all the help guys. I never imagined I would get this far.

Last edited:

Pidj

So I can now consistently get the IVs I want when it comes to RNGing legendaries but now I need a bit of help with the shiny part. I assume that it's shiny frame -starting frame =how many custom chatot. Is this right?

And thanks for all the help guys. I never imagined I would get this far.

Yeah, that's right. Just subtract the two and just chatot the difference.

I'm still working on Hidden Grotto RNG's. I've got my target pokemon to appear so I'm now working on the IV RNG. I'm not hitting my seed and I suspect I'm being Timer0 trolled but is there a way to check adjacent seeds for Hidden Grotto RNG's? In the adjacent seed tool Hidden Grotto isn't an available Encounter Type so I was wondering if I could check using one of the other options. Is that possible?

EDIT - Nevermind, I hit the seed.

Another question though - do the Chatot pitches still match up in BW2 on the RNG reporter? From what I can tell they don't really

Last edited:

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Are you talking about IV frames or PID frames? They are separate for captures in 5th gen. You should never have an IV frame of >6 or so... Ideally, there is no reason to search beyond an IV frame of 1.

IV frames are advanced by walking like you said. PID uses chatoya. Hope this helps.

Edit: sorry didn't realize this was in reply to a previous page, but hopefully it was still helpful? XD

Last edited:
Yeah, that's right. Just subtract the two and just chatot the difference.

I'm still working on Hidden Grotto RNG's. I've got my target pokemon to appear so I'm now working on the IV RNG. I'm not hitting my seed and I suspect I'm being Timer0 trolled but is there a way to check adjacent seeds for Hidden Grotto RNG's? In the adjacent seed tool Hidden Grotto isn't an available Encounter Type so I was wondering if I could check using one of the other options. Is that possible?

All you need to do is check the IVs of the adjacent seeds, since they're the same, regardless of the method. And there isn't anything to advance the PIDRNG inside of a Grotto, so once you do hit your seed, all you need to do is advance the frame to whatever your target is.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
They're the same, HL is just what the EL was called before the English games came out.

Ok, that's what I figured. So does that mean the it is the regular calibration value that's supposed to be updating when I enter my delay hit?

Pidj

All you need to do is check the IVs of the adjacent seeds, since they're the same, regardless of the method. And there isn't anything to advance the PIDRNG inside of a Grotto, so once you do hit your seed, all you need to do is advance the frame to whatever your target is.

That's weird then. I was aiming for an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/2 but when I used the Adjacent Seed tool it said that my spread for my desired seed would be 30/17/31/31/31/31.

I have since successfully hit the seed so it's not really an issue but I wonder why they don't line up.

I edited my earlier post but I'll put the question/observation here too - do the Chatot pitches still match up in BW2 on the RNG reporter? From what I can tell they don't really but the number of advances was correct.

That's weird then. I was aiming for an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/2 but when I used the Adjacent Seed tool it said that my spread for my desired seed would be 30/17/31/31/31/31.

I have since successfully hit the seed so it's not really an issue but I wonder why they don't line up.

I edited my earlier post but I'll put the question/observation here too - do the Chatot pitches still match up in BW2 on the RNG reporter? From what I can tell they don't really but the number of advances was correct.

They should be fine, but I don't really know (since I've only used RNGR a couple times). You should try asking over on Smogon's Gen 5 RNG thread.

Jei

Hi, I've tried to download the rng reporter 9.96.5 on windows 7 multiple times but I just get an error message when I try to open it (CLR 80004005). Anybody know a fix?

Edit: Nevermind, resolved. Just uninstall and reinstall microsoft.net framework for anyone having the same problem.

Last edited:

riddame

hello, i need help, i am trying to find my timer0 in white 2
i did it sometimes and got 167B then i found also 1677
my question is, 167B is higher or lower than 1677? what those letters in the timer0 means?
please just anwser this little question, i need to know really quick =/

dewey911p

primus inter pares
hello, i need help, i am trying to find my timer0 in white 2
i did it sometimes and got 167B then i found also 1677
my question is, 167B is higher or lower than 1677? what those letters in the timer0 means?
please just anwser this little question, i need to know really quick =/

In hexadecimal the values range from 0-F, so 1677 would be lower than 167B,

MoonRaker

I'm fairly new to theses forums but i just had a quick question for those who are experienced in RNG, so here goes.

In order to RNG a shiny egg is it mandatory that i know my sid?

My problem is that i have two parents of different countries in the day care (masuda method) and if i search long enough in RNG a couple of spreads will show up with good iv's and the !!! indicating a shiny.
However when i try to hit theses seeds i can never hit the actual one i need. I am experienced with hitting seeds but when i try it this way i hit either one seed behind or one in front and i cannot remedy this problem. I had originally assumed that since i had had found a shiny seed at random that i would be able to hit it just like a normal seed...
This brings me back to my original question: can i breed a shiny egg with rng using a random shiny seed that i found just like i would a normal seed? or Do i need to know my sid in order to breed for the shiny? Any help would be much appreciated!

I'm fairly new to theses forums but i just had a quick question for those who are experienced in RNG, so here goes.

In order to RNG a shiny egg is it mandatory that i know my sid?

My problem is that i have two parents of different countries in the day care (masuda method) and if i search long enough in RNG a couple of spreads will show up with good iv's and the !!! indicating a shiny.
However when i try to hit theses seeds i can never hit the actual one i need. I am experienced with hitting seeds but when i try it this way i hit either one seed behind or one in front and i cannot remedy this problem. I had originally assumed that since i had had found a shiny seed at random that i would be able to hit it just like a normal seed...
This brings me back to my original question: can i breed a shiny egg with rng using a random shiny seed that i found just like i would a normal seed? or Do i need to know my sid in order to breed for the shiny? Any help would be much appreciated!

You need to know your SID to get shiny Pokemon, hitting the one before or the one after is common due to the WNPCs that advance the frames there.

MoonRaker

So even if i search the regular seeds and a shiny happens to show up there's no way of being able to obtain it the normal way because i don't have my sid?

So even if i search the regular seeds and a shiny happens to show up there's no way of being able to obtain it the normal way because i don't have my sid?

Those shiny seeds will not be shiny (unless you have a similar SID) so to find your SID upload a pokemon from that cart you're RNGing on to Pokecheck to get your SID.

SakuraLatias

Objection!
Off-topic, sorry! Okay. Several months ago, I've figured out how to get a shiny starter in Platinum, but not in Diamond/Pearl. The only WNPC will advance the frame is your rival at Route 201. He turns, but he doesn't turn and/or move. I might just make a tutorial on shiny starter RNG Abuse on Platinum. I haven't touched HG/SS Starter Abuse in about a year. Should I continue HG/SS Starter and/or should I start Platinum Starter Abuse? I'll figure out D/P later.

Ausgirl

You know I've been wondering about ID abuse. I've almost got RNG down when it comes to legendaries and I was wondering how much harder it is? (I would hate to restart my game only to find out that I couldn't figure it out). I'm mainly interested in ID abuse because I read that it makes it easier to find low shiny frames?

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
You know I've been wondering about ID abuse. I've almost got RNG down when it comes to legendaries and I was wondering how much harder it is? (I would hate to restart my game only to find out that I couldn't figure it out). I'm mainly interested in ID abuse because I read that it makes it easier to find low shiny frames?
Honestly it's not worth RNGing your TID/SID in B/W/B2/W2. Yes, you can get a spread low frame and shiny, but its only really useful in the 4th gen games.

If you really want to though there are some guides on smogon regarding it.