• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
As someone who's been out of the RNG game for awhile now, is there any difference for RNG of the legendaries in B/W2? I really only want to do the previous gen legends to be more specific (Cressilia/Heatran/Latios etc), but I want to know if there's any major differences from B/W stationaries. Thanks in advance.

edit- other than the Timer0 issues that is.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
As someone who's been out of the RNG game for awhile now, is there any difference for RNG of the legendaries in B/W2? I really only want to do the previous gen legends to be more specific (Cressilia/Heatran/Latios etc), but I want to know if there's any major differences from B/W stationaries. Thanks in advance.

edit- other than the Timer0 issues that is.
As far as I'm concerned Darth there is no difference other than Timer0 flux. Some legends have random PIDRNG advancements (Kyurem has a offset for some reason in his cave, have to adjust for that).
Some legends have NPCs aroudn them, like the Latis have one trainer that moves in the Dreamyard. Uxie is practically impossible to get shiny because there is 7-10 NPCs that advance the frame. Thats about it.
Breeding in B2/W2 is pointless to RNG, if you didn't know that already.

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
As far as I'm concerned Darth there is no difference other than Timer0 flux. Some legends have random PIDRNG advancements (Kyurem has a offset for some reason in his cave, have to adjust for that).
Some legends have NPCs aroudn them, like the Latis have one trainer that moves in the Dreamyard. Uxie is practically impossible to get shiny because there is 7-10 NPCs that advance the frame. Thats about it.
Breeding in B2/W2 is pointless to RNG, if you didn't know that already.

I had read about the breeding, but thanks for the info. Can you battle the one trainer in the dreamyard w/ Latis to stop it? It's one the ones I'd love the RNG the most, along with the Regis and Cressilia/Heatran. While I would try for the pixies, I could live without them

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I had read about the breeding, but thanks for the info. Can you battle the one trainer in the dreamyard w/ Latis to stop it? It's one the ones I'd love the RNG the most, along with the Regis and Cressilia/Heatran. While I would try for the pixies, I could live without them

Yes you can stop the NPC in the Dreamyard.
The other two pixies can be RNGed with relative ease. No npcs for them. Uxie is the worst though.

dewey911p

primus inter pares

Yes you can stop the NPC in the Dreamyard.
The other two pixies can be RNGed with relative ease. No npcs for them. Uxie is the worst though.

Actually, no, the NPC doesn't stop moving. He is battable, yes, but he will continue to turn and move about even after you beat him. Fear not though, it's not like 1 NPC is anything to worry about, anyone who has bred eggs on B/W has bested 1 moving NPC. As for Uxie, he is a pain to be sure, but I RNGed my B/W2 Uxie to be shiny and I got it on my first or second try after hitting my seed. It is very doable and not as hard as one might think (compared to B/W roamer abuse, it is a piece of cake).

Dewey, you can make him move from his tile, and he no longer moves.

But yeah, Uxie can be annoying, but it's certainly doable.

MSK

Actually, no, the NPC doesn't stop moving. He is battable, yes, but he will continue to turn and move about even after you beat him. Fear not though, it's not like 1 NPC is anything to worry about, anyone who has bred eggs on B/W has bested 1 moving NPC. As for Uxie, he is a pain to be sure, but I RNGed my B/W2 Uxie to be shiny and I got it on my first or second try after hitting my seed. It is very doable and not as hard as one might think (compared to B/W roamer abuse, it is a piece of cake).

I agree Uxie is a pain but reasonably doable, I got mine shiny after about 5 attempts.
And definitely agree with it being a piece of cake compared to Roamer abuse, although I have just managed to RNG my Thundurus shiny with HP Ice after 4 days of trying :)

I'm working my way through all the legendaries getting them shiny, just playing through B2 now so I can get Registeel, Latios, Regigigas. Then I need to learn gen 3 and gen 4 abuse so I can go back and get all the legends from those games. Although if it's anything as bad as the time I'm having entralink rnging my Arceus then I may go mad!!
Still can't manage to hit my frame at the same time as getting the correct nature :(

MSK

Finally done it!!!!!! :) :) :)

Had a break today and just come back to it to have another go. 1st attempt 2 frames off wrong nature, 2nd attempt hit my frame and Jolly nature :)
So happy now I've got my 31/31/31/29/31/31 Jolly Dream World Arceus, gonna make him into a Normal Extremespeed killer.

Ausgirl

I was just wondering is there is any point in setting up an RNG profile for Pearl? I have Platinum which I've heard is hard to RNG in but I was wondering what the core differences were? Like I know that in Black it's easier to RNG eggs but it's easier to entralink abuse in Black 2...

dewey911p

primus inter pares
I was just wondering is there is any point in setting up an RNG profile for Pearl? I have Platinum which I've heard is hard to RNG in but I was wondering what the core differences were? Like I know that in Black it's easier to RNG eggs but it's easier to entralink abuse in Black 2...

Gen 4 RNGing doesn't use profiles because delay based seeds don't use parameters. All you need is your ID combo (if you want shiny seeds) and the delays will be the same for all carts and DS models.

Ausgirl

Gen 4 RNGing doesn't use profiles because delay based seeds don't use parameters. All you need is your ID combo (if you want shiny seeds) and the delays will be the same for all carts and DS models.

Oh... still is there anything that you can RNG in Pearl that you can't in Platinum?

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival
Oh... still is there anything that you can RNG in Pearl that you can't in Platinum?

Wild Porygon for one. Actually D/P are the only games where it's possible period (White Forest doesn't count).

Just Porygon then? well that's boring. Looks like I'll be sticking to Plat and HG for 4th gen coverage.

Captured Porygon is beautiful, though. :c

There's also Misdreavus, Houndour, Stantler, Spheal, Bagon, and Purrloin (and their respective evolutions). Granted, you can probably get some of those on Pt/HG, but keep in mind that using another cart allows you to have a different shiny spread than your other two games.

Ausgirl

Captured Porygon is beautiful, though. :c

There's also Misdreavus, Houndour, Stantler, Spheal, Bagon, and Purrloin (and their respective evolutions). Granted, you can probably get some of those on Pt/HG, but keep in mind that using another cart allows you to have a different shiny spread than your other two games.

That alone would be worthwhile I guess, should have thought about that myself considering that I just RNGd my TID SID in black for a low shiny frame.

Last edited:

MSK

Hi guys just been reading the above posts, as I'm about to start 4th Gen RNGing myself. Mainly to get the Legend's shiny that you can't get on BW BW2. I've read up on it and it seems quite like entralink RNG to me, which I find a pain but I'm going to persevere.
My questions are, can you use the battle video method on Pokecheck to find your SID for HG/SS? (if not directly by transferring a pokemon to my BW and doing it that way?)
How do you find shiny spreads, and are all frame syncronisable?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
um i got a question since i unova linked someone was telling me my rng reporter will be off on my white 2 version? is that true? do have let the reporter know i unova linked now?

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Hi guys just been reading the above posts, as I'm about to start 4th Gen RNGing myself. Mainly to get the Legend's shiny that you can't get on BW BW2. I've read up on it and it seems quite like entralink RNG to me, which I find a pain but I'm going to persevere.
My questions are, can you use the battle video method on Pokecheck to find your SID for HG/SS? (if not directly by transferring a pokemon to my BW and doing it that way?)
How do you find shiny spreads, and are all frame syncronisable?
You're gonna need to RNG your TID/ SID if you want reasonable shiny spreads for your legends in the 4th gen. Smogon has a guide about this on their forum.
um i got a question since i unova linked someone was telling me my rng reporter will be off on my white 2 version? is that true? do have let the reporter know i unova linked now?
I'm not entirely sure honestly.