• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

MSK

You're gonna need to RNG your TID/ SID if you want reasonable shiny spreads for your legends in the 4th gen. Smogon has a guide about this on their forum.

I'm not entirely sure honestly.

Yeah I figured that for a new play through, but I've got the Enigma stone event Lati@s sitting on both games at the moment, so was going to see if there is a viable Shiny spread available to catch them before I restart. So can you use the battle video method to check SID's?

Also just been following the guide, going through the steps to see how it works (without TID/SID obviously) and decided to search for a HP Fire spread. It brings up a load but the natures are Impish, Mild or Gentle. The synchronise option is in the "Required Lead" box, but does this mean whatever Nature Sync'er I have it'll change to that nature?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I'm not entirely sure honestly.
yeah i wasn't sure either someone was telling me this so i was just confirming if it was true...i don't see anyway to update that since im not pprnging at all its the windows program...which is broken for the unova link anyway...i might try to rng something if its way off then that means i have too...

um i got a question since i unova linked someone was telling me my rng reporter will be off on my white 2 version? is that true? do have let the reporter know i unova linked now?

Memory link just alters the initial starting PID frame to make it slightly lower (in most cases). There should be a checkbox in the profile for your game allowing you to check it off. Once you do that, it'll be taken into account each time you search for seeds.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Memory link just alters the initial starting PID frame to make it slightly lower (in most cases). There should be a checkbox in the profile for your game allowing you to check it off. Once you do that, it'll be taken into account each time you search for seeds.

so that means that i just check that box and my searches will be more accurate then cuaz i want to rng my keldeo then go on to my event melotta after that and i unova linked so that will fix it then for my searches for my white 2? i just want to make sure i don't waste my time rnging finding out that my search was off a bit from the linking...

Last edited:

Myrrh

Yesterday I worked on ID abusing my Pearl so that I could RNG things. I found a Seed Pair that I liked Timid/Modest HP Ice) and took that to Pandora's Box to get an ID Seed. I found one and successfully got the listed ID/SID combo. Here's where I got lost. Was I supposed to remember what Seed combo I chose for later use? If so, I can't seem to get that same combo I chose to appear on the 4th gen Time Finder.

TDawg

Yesterday I worked on ID abusing my Pearl so that I could RNG things. I found a Seed Pair that I liked Timid/Modest HP Ice) and took that to Pandora's Box to get an ID Seed. I found one and successfully got the listed ID/SID combo. Here's where I got lost. Was I supposed to remember what Seed combo I chose for later use? If so, I can't seem to get that same combo I chose to appear on the 4th gen Time Finder.

You're using different seeds to RNG your ID/SID combo compared to the RNG of the Pokemon, so you only ever need that first seed when you're using it to RNG your ID/SID. What you do need to though is remember the PID you RNGed to be shiny.

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival
so that means that i just check that box and my searches will be more accurate then cuaz i want to rng my keldeo then go on to my event melotta after that and i unova linked so that will fix it then for my searches for my white 2? i just want to make sure i don't waste my time rnging finding out that my search was off a bit from the linking...

Yes check the B/W2 box and the Memory link box on the main window. From my experience though, the initial frame is usually 1 less than reported.

Oh and remember that you can change the order of Wondercards in the Mystery Gift menu if you want to get Meloetta before Keldeo.

Myrrh

You're using different seeds to RNG your ID/SID combo compared to the RNG of the Pokemon, so you only ever need that first seed when you're using it to RNG your ID/SID. What you do need to though is remember the PID you RNGed to be shiny.

So I need to find the same Seed Pair that I chose before? Damn, well if I can't find it it's no big loss. Thank you.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Yes check the B/W2 box and the Memory link box on the main window. From my experience though, the initial frame is usually 1 less than reported.

Oh and remember that you can change the order of Wondercards in the Mystery Gift menu if you want to get Meloetta before Keldeo.

yeah thanks to one of my guild members she told me that thank you though for helping out and damn i thought it was both the main window and the searching options...well ill need to research the seed then cauz i check the link box before i searched the seed on my pererimeter search box thing and then checked again on the memory box...so its only he main window box then right? double checking...

edit: also myrrh you need to make sure you id/sid make a pair like tdawg said...in 4th gen your id/sid need to be searched out with the seed you want to be shiny and flawless...so you need to pick a pair of the seed that has two natures in it with the same seed if that make since...the seeds have to match not fully but enough to be a pair, i can't remember been awhile but i know a few numbers have to be the same to make a pair...i would give you a guide that makes it extremely easy to fallow but the thing is that smogon is blocking it for members there only...once you have that seed though you need to search that seed in the box that show what you require to be shiny and the spread of your choice...it should give you listings of id/sid pairs that are good for that seed to be shiny a flawless...from there you need to start your id abuse there with the set up with the eon timer for the id abuse and then do it...i remember i think that its a bit off on the id abuse you need to - some seconds of i though on the timer if i was correct...i hope that is understandable XD Like i said its been awhile so anyone want to correct my stuff its fine...i haven't 4th gen rnged i awhile...

Last edited:

Myrrh

yeah thanks to one of my guild members she told me that thank you though for helping out and damn i thought it was both the main window and the searching options...well ill need to research the seed then cauz i check the link box before i searched the seed on my pererimeter search box thing and then checked again on the memory box...so its only he main window box then right? double checking...

edit: also myrrh you need to make sure you id/sid make a pair like tdawg said...in 4th gen your id/sid need to be searched out with the seed you want to be shiny and flawless...so you need to pick a pair of the seed that has two natures in it with the same seed if that make since...the seeds have to match not fully but enough to be a pair, i can't remember been awhile but i know a few numbers have to be the same to make a pair...i would give you a guide that makes it extremely easy to fallow but the thing is that smogon is blocking it for members there only...once you have that seed though you need to search that seed in the box that show what you require to be shiny and the spread of your choice...it should give you listings of id/sid pairs that are good for that seed to be shiny a flawless...from there you need to start your id abuse there with the set up with the eon timer for the id abuse and then do it...i remember i think that its a bit off on the id abuse you need to - some seconds of i though on the timer if i was correct...i hope that is understandable XD Like i said its been awhile so anyone want to correct my stuff its fine...i haven't 4th gen rnged i awhile...

Yup, I did all of that. I chose a seed that was Timid/Modest flawless HP Ice (I am 99% sure they had the same PID, frame, hour, etc). My problem is that when I try to search for that seed again I don't get the pair. I don't seem to get any pairs at all anymore. Like I said, it's no big deal if I can't get the shiny seed I initially sought out as I still am able to get flawless seeds.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Yup, I did all of that. I chose a seed that was Timid/Modest flawless HP Ice (I am 99% sure they had the same PID, frame, hour, etc). My problem is that when I try to search for that seed again I don't get the pair. I don't seem to get any pairs at all anymore. Like I said, it's no big deal if I can't get the shiny seed I initially sought out as I still am able to get flawless seeds.

if your serching out the seed and nothing is showing up then your doing something wrong what version of your reporter you have? my old one had a bug on it so i had to upgrade...maybe screen shots will show us and see what your doing....

Myrrh

if your serching out the seed and nothing is showing up then your doing something wrong what version of your reporter you have? my old one had a bug on it so i had to upgrade...maybe screen shots will show us and see what your doing....

9.96.5 is my version. It worked all right before. Now, I do get a bunch of seeds just that none of them are pairs. I followed the same directions that are explained in this guide. Either that or I'm missing something and I should try again carefully some other time.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
9.96.5 is my version. It worked all right before. Now, I do get a bunch of seeds just that none of them are pairs. I followed the same directions that are explained in this guide. Either that or I'm missing something and I should try again carefully some other time.

are you on smogon cuaz everytime i click that site i have to log in for to see that thread 0_0 anyway just pull up some screen shots im not sure what you could be doing wrong then...

edit: wait a minute i searched my seed and i figured out you might be putting in the seed in the pandora box...if you are that is what your doing wrong...i searched out my id i abused for my heartgold version...i found it fine...you need to put in the pid number not the seed number...

Last edited:

Myrrh

are you on smogon cuaz everytime i click that site i have to log in for to see that thread 0_0 anyway just pull up some screen shots im not sure what you could be doing wrong then...

edit: wait a minute i searched my seed and i figured out you might be putting in the seed in the pandora box...if you are that is what your doing wrong...i searched out my id i abused for my heartgold version...i found it fine...you need to put in the pid number not the seed number...

Dammit to hell, I did indeed put the seed where I was supposed to put the PID in Pandora's Box >.> And I misread the guide, I thought the seed/PID of a pair had to match when in reality only the Hour, Frame, And IVs had to match. Good thing I didn't go far in my Pearl cause now I'm going to have to find a new seed pair and do it again .-. Won't be too bad though. Thank you.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Dammit to hell, I did indeed put the seed where I was supposed to put the PID in Pandora's Box >.> And I misread the guide, I thought the seed/PID of a pair had to match when in reality only the Hour, Frame, And IVs had to match. Good thing I didn't go far in my Pearl cause now I'm going to have to find a new seed pair and do it again .-. Won't be too bad though. Thank you.

no problem and yeah that is where is your problem you need to place the pid in the box to get the id/sid pairings to produce both that seeds iv's and shininess ^_^ if you need any help with the rest if im here to help...

edit:

also reposting just to double check!

Myrrh

Me again >.> I restarted my Pear again and got my ID/SID combo (By putting the PID instead of Pandora's Box this time). I put that into 4th Gen Time Finder and the same pair I chose turned up. When I put either seed into the main RNG Reporter window everything matches, the frame, IVs Nature, etc. The only thing is that shiny-ness is not listed with !!!. Is this normal? If I somehow messed up again oh well, I still got the IV spread I was going for, I won't start over a third time.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Hahahahahahaahhaahahahaha

Me again >.> I restarted my Pear again and got my ID/SID combo (By putting the PID instead of Pandora's Box this time). I put that into 4th Gen Time Finder and the same pair I chose turned up. When I put either seed into the main RNG Reporter window everything matches, the frame, IVs Nature, etc. The only thing is that shiny-ness is not listed with !!!. Is this normal? If I somehow messed up again oh well, I still got the IV spread I was going for, I won't start over a third time.
Yeah well at least you caught your mistake in time. I got to the 7th gym on platinum before I realized I rnged the wrong PID for my spreads lol

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

hmmmm well that is strange what did you do wrong >.> i really see screen shots now but one shot did you put both your sid and id in the box and check the shiny box myrrh XD that might be it... ill lmao off if you did lol but why are you trying to use the iv spread right now? you need to abuse the id first? are you just checking before id abusing?

Last edited:

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer
So I'm egg rng'ing, and i hit my seed and hear the right chatot pitches and i end one frame before.
But when i hatch the egg, i was one frame after the right one.
I tried hitting the seed multiple times, and the same results happened
Was i just slow, or does this sometimes happen?

MSK

So I'm egg rng'ing, and i hit my seed and hear the right chatot pitches and i end one frame before.
But when i hatch the egg, i was one frame after the right one.
I tried hitting the seed multiple times, and the same results happened
Was i just slow, or does this sometimes happen?

Hey Fallen Icarus, it's about how quick you get out of the menu and pick up the egg, every time the 2 pokemon move one square in the garden I've worked out it advances up to 2 frames. I normally stop 2 or 4 frames before my desired frame then when I come out of the menu I'm normally quick enough to hit the frame I want.
I've actually just managed to RNG breed 7 shiny Wobbuffet's with various natures to test which works best on my competitive team, and I found I needed to stop 3 or 4 frames before every time.