• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Okay I am getting really annoyed now, with trying to pprng keldeo (yeah I did not claim it went I first got it). Anyway I have done it before but it has been such a long time I do not know if I have forgotten anything.

The program I am using is PPRNG

The date of the seed is 13/08/01 11:31:25 Timer0: C7C Buttons: Up-Rt
Start: 46 Frm: 89

Since it is a DS Lite I am clicking a second before the time so the second hand falls on the desired seconds before the screen goes black.

43 is the number of frames I need to advance, I am in a pokecenter without moving chars.

I have tried both 43 chatters, and 42 (as I heard deliverman talking advances the frame.)

I have also tried another seed with Timer0: C7B As my game seems to alter between the two.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong and it is driving me mad....

My Info is
(00-1B-EA-3D-EF-E4)
Version: Black English
TID: 04793
SID: 04671
Timer0: C7B-C7C
Vcount: 60-60

if your doing wonder cards make sure to use the wondercard section not the glan...i not familar with the pprng mac version but it has the same stuff just different layouts. as well as make sure to rng your event keldeo in the center by the pokemon league for bw1 its the best place to do events hope that helps...

edit: oh also for key presses when you hit your 1 sec ahead hold down the key presses until you see the black screen...don't release until the pokemon white screen goes away or it will not work...

Last edited:

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer
Timer0 hates me soo much
I've been trying to ID rng for over a week now, but i haven't been able to hit my seed. NOT EVEN ONCE.
The reason? Timer0.
And the thing is, i can't even re-calibrate anymore...
>.> so should i just start a new game and forget about rng'ing my id?
Here's my info BTW;
DSixl; Timer0:167E VCount: AD VFrame:8 GxStat: 6
I'm using the latest rng reporter: 9.96.5 BETA

blisseytank

Hi everyone,
Yesterday i started to RNG´ing and i started with 4 shinies and 1 shiny flawless.
But now i have a great seed that has Frame 1 on the IV RNG and if you look to the right you see: Shiny Frame: 187. But when i put the seed in the PIDRNG the first shiny frame is 3599? Which one is the real one?
Thanks!

Your IV frame would appear to be 187, and your PIDRNG frame 3599. Basically, don't use this seed. Only search for IV frame 1 stuff (and generally speaking, don't go above PIDRNG frame 500).

Ausgirl

Timer0 hates me soo much
I've been trying to ID rng for over a week now, but i haven't been able to hit my seed. NOT EVEN ONCE.
The reason? Timer0.
Here's my info BTW;

Which game is this for? I'm having the exact same problems on B2.

I thought the TID part would be easy and that it would be the shiny starter that would be difficult.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Timer0 hates me soo much
The reason? Timer0.
Here's my info BTW;

what game are your trying to id abuse cuaz i had that trouble and found out it was my reporter but it seems its no that you got the latest reporter...did you put in the pid not the seed in the box i think that is what you need to do for any game i think >.> i never tried that for bw2 or bw

Ausgirl

I'm using White 2.
The seed works fine, you just have to put in a frame that's 1 higher then your target frame.

Fearless, I thought TID abuse would be easy as well.
Turns out, nope

Why does it have to be one frame higher? I only want a shiny snivy, I already have shiny legends on B1 and I don't think I can be bothered doing that again on B2. So I just selected "gift."

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer
Why does it have to be one frame higher? I only want a shiny snivy, I already have shiny legends on B1 and I don't think I can be bothered doing that again on B2. So I just selected "gift."

If you're using a specific seed, it has to be one frame higher cause Rng reporter is messed up. :p the creators know about it too

If you're using a specific seed, it has to be one frame higher cause Rng reporter is messed up. :p the creators know about it too

Exactly why does everyone say this? I have never had a problem just going right up to the frame (and I've done more RNGs than most of the people here, combined).

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer
Exactly why does everyone say this? I have never had a problem just going right up to the frame (and I've done more RNGs than most of the people here, combined).

While I have no doubt about that, in pandora, you have to make the target frame one frame higher to accommodate for something or the id will make the wrong frame shiny

"- Gen V ID/SID abuse is technically one frame too small for everything (minor issue)"
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1diSYBG8A33pZmoiwrSTRz1mErPZ9N9DIBF1u8rmEU5A/edit?hl=en&pli=1#

Quote taken from Slashmolder's Rng Reporter notes

Ausgirl

While I have no doubt about that, in pandora, you have to make the target frame one frame higher to accommodate for something or the id will make the wrong frame shiny

"- Gen V ID/SID abuse is technically one frame too small for everything (minor issue)"
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1diSYBG8A33pZmoiwrSTRz1mErPZ9N9DIBF1u8rmEU5A/edit?hl=en&pli=1#

Quote taken from Slashmolder's Rng Reporter notes

This is true, when I first did this on Black 1 was using Princess of Johto's guide and basically did everything she did. I just thought that the frames advanced because I selected "wild" instead of "gift." However for me there was a three frame difference.

This time around on Black 2 I just want a shiny snivy, so I selected "gift."

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

i don't know if this related but i noticed when i rng my seed for events im always of buy two frames im saying maybe its someone's game that makes the seeds up and down like that with the frames? i don't know but i find it strange i never tried id abuse on bw2 i only did events i noticed the reproter likes to be off but i don't understand why go 1 frame higher for id abuse though? is the reporter off of something for the pandora box?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
That's a known issue with RNGR.

what you mean by that all my boxes everything is checked correctly? why would it be my fault? just curious? or you talking about box?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
No, he means that the issue is with the program itself. For wondercards Time Finder gives you a TF that is incorrect, but the main window will give the correct TF. Just foloow the main window frames for wondercards.

oh i do fallow but i got confused what he ment lol thanks dewey also does anyone have a 3rd gen guide for rnging? i really want to try it out with one of my games...is it possible to rng in firered and leafgreen? its just some moves on competitive pokemon are rare and i want to have them for my new gens and there only in 3rd gen tutoring...

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
It's not possible on retail (well, technically it is, but it's beyond your skill level, no offense).

what do you mean by that? is it that hard something? i have figured out 5th and 4th gen i don't understand why i can't try?

what do you mean by that? is it that hard something?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was, besides you can just RNG your 3rd gen targets in Emerald/dead battery Ruby/Sapphire and then send them to FireRed/LeafGreen to get their needed tutor moves. I believe the only thing relatively worthwhile you'll miss in FireRed/LeafGreen is Double-Edge for Entei and frankly the event Flare Blitz one would outclass it, plus there's a glitch in FireRed/LeafGreen that would prevent them from having high IVs anywho (at least for shiny FireRed/LeafGreen roamers).