• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Skavani

I could kiss you! xD

I was working with a delay of 6018, and was immediately able to hit the button on the second timer - shortly after that I was able to consistently get within 6 of the delay, and just now I achieved my TID/SID of 59993/59993!

It feels incredible to finally get this right, and now I think I can actually RNG on Diamond, choosing bigger delays than I was going for before. I was trying to RNG trophy garden Eevee and struggling to get to the second beep there too. I can try again!

Thank you again! *hug*

Archaewok1

In B/W setup for the RNG Reporter, how do you tell the app what Pokémon you are looking for/ what map you are looking for?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
You don't. You use the encounter tables to see what pokemon are in what slot and where. So, if you want to RNG an Eeveee, you would go to the encounter tables and find where Eevee is. You see that Eevee is slot 9 and 11 in Castilia Park. You search for a seed that has the right nature, ability, gender, and shininess with an encounter slot of 9 or 11. RNG Reporter doesn't know what pokemon you are going to RNG, but it doesn't matter, if you have a hexflawless seed with slot 1, you can use that seed anywhere in the game, so RNGr just tells you the basic info and you can use it wherever and however you want.

Archaewok1

You don't. You use the encounter tables to see what pokemon are in what slot and where. So, if you want to RNG an Eeveee, you would go to the encounter tables and find where Eevee is. You see that Eevee is slot 9 and 11 in Castilia Park. You search for a seed that has the right nature, ability, gender, and shininess with an encounter slot of 9 or 11. RNG Reporter doesn't know what pokemon you are going to RNG, but it doesn't matter, if you have a hexflawless seed with slot 1, you can use that seed anywhere in the game, so RNGr just tells you the basic info and you can use it wherever and however you want.

Ah, thanks. That was frustrating me a lot.

Archaewok1

I notice sometimes in the game when I change direction on a tile but don't leave the tile, I still get attacked by a pokemon. Does this count as a step? And if so, do I simply have to try to be super careful when moving around an area when trying to increase the frame?

Also, I'm trying to catch a flawless ditto. I have results I can use, but I have fog in the plains blocking my sweet scenting. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? I brought a pokemon who knew defog, but it didn't work. But I know the place can be fog-free, because I have seen the fog disappear on random occasions and have had sweet scent work afterward. I'm just having trouble figuring out the mechanic.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
I notice sometimes in the game when I change direction on a tile but don't leave the tile, I still get attacked by a pokemon. Does this count as a step? And if so, do I simply have to try to be super careful when moving around an area when trying to increase the frame?

Also, I'm trying to catch a flawless ditto. I have results I can use, but I have fog in the plains blocking my sweet scenting. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? I brought a pokemon who knew defog, but it didn't work. But I know the place can be fog-free, because I have seen the fog disappear on random occasions and have had sweet scent work afterward. I'm just having trouble figuring out the mechanic.

Try to aim for an IV frame of 1 so you don't have to advance the IVRNG. Walking in an area that generates pokemon also advances the PIDRNG so if you have to advance the IVRNG your PID frame will be off. If you still want to do so, use repels .

To clear any weather: Get into a battle > save game > set clock 1 month ahead > get into another battle > weather is gone > save game > weather stays away until you leave the area.

Archaewok1

Thanks for the help so far. I got rid of the fog. I figured out I can just save the game to advance the frame. I'm hitting my seed, because I check the date, time (including seconds), and Timer0, but I am not getting the pokemon or stats I want. I checked my MAC address, and it's correct. And yes, I know that there are two Timer0 variables that fluctuate, but I hit the right one and it is not the pokemon I'm looking for, nor is it flawless like it should be.Flawless_ditto1.jpg

Archaewok1

Second pic:Flawless_ditto2.jpg The pokemon I'm seeing is a lv. 53 Metang. :/

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Thanks for the help so far. I got rid of the fog. I figured out I can just save the game to advance the frame. I'm hitting my seed, because I check the date, time (including seconds), and Timer0, but I am not getting the pokemon or stats I want. I checked my MAC address, and it's correct. And yes, I know that there are two Timer0 variables that fluctuate, but I hit the right one and it is not the pokemon I'm looking for, nor is it flawless like it should be.View attachment 11268

You're using an IV frame of 3, so you need to walk 128 steps with 2 pokemon in your party to advance the IVRNG, then advance the PIDRNG to your Target Frame and get into a battle.

If you did all of that and still missed the pokemon then the only possibility is you missed your seed, most likely due to Timer0 fluctuation. You can use Chatot pitches to verify if you hit your seed or not,

-NLMRY-

Hello, first time posting. I was wondering if anyone could hep me RNG my TID (don't care about SID) in Pokemon Pearl using PPRNG. RNG Reporter is currently not working on my PC and I can't seem to find a fix, so I must use PPRNG. However, there are no guides that I can find so I was wondering if anyone here had any info. I have experience in RNG for everything else, and even RNG my TID in W2, so it shouldn't be too difficult, I just don't know the process for 4th gen (Pearl, specifically). Thanks in advance for any info.

My friend is having problems RNG'ing RNG DW Pokemon. All of the parameters and what-not are fine but he keeps hitting IV spreads that are not on the supposed C-Gear seed he hit.

lockiegengar12

Hello! This is my first post on here, and for the last couple of days I have been trying to RNG 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid (not shiny) Latios on Pokemon black 2, with no luck. I am new to RNG, so I am probably doing something wrong, but I have a question.
How are timer0's calculated? Is it calculated with your chosen seed? Or just per wild pokemon? I am getting 3 timer0's consistently. Over the 10 times I tried I got 167F x3 1680 x4 and 1688 x3. I know that would seem like I'd use 1680, but everytime I search for a seed and hit it, the Latios has the wrong IV's. I know it's likely I've been timer0 trolled, but I'd like to know if you could just spam the Latios consistently hitting the right seed until the timer0 matches up. Thank you.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Hello! This is my first post on here, and for the last couple of days I have been trying to RNG 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid (not shiny) Latios on Pokemon black 2, with no luck. I am new to RNG, so I am probably doing something wrong, but I have a question.
How are timer0's calculated? Is it calculated with your chosen seed? Or just per wild pokemon? I am getting 3 timer0's consistently. Over the 10 times I tried I got 167F x3 1680 x4 and 1688 x3. I know that would seem like I'd use 1680, but everytime I search for a seed and hit it, the Latios has the wrong IV's. I know it's likely I've been timer0 trolled, but I'd like to know if you could just spam the Latios consistently hitting the right seed until the timer0 matches up. Thank you.

The Timer0 value is selected after you hit "a" to launch the game and before the Nintendo logo pops up. It is set once the game is loaded and won't change until you restart the game. So, if you miss the Timer0, you just have to try again. If this is your first time RNGing this can quickly get frustrating as it seems like you might be doing something wrong, but B/W2 just have a high amount of Timer0 values (even more if you are using a 3DS) and it can take awhile to get the right one. It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong, so just keep at it and eventually you will hit your seed =)

On a side note, you can use chatot pitches to verify your seed and know if you hit the seed or not before even battling Latios. Just record an audible chatter then listen to it and see if the pitch is high, medium, or low compared to the base recorded sound. It will take some time before you can recognize the difference in the pitches, but once you get it down it will make RNGing easier.

Toptechie4

EDIT*** Problem solved I did not enter my Secret ID

**********************************************************************************************************************

Hello.

I am new to RNG and thought I had it figured out but am having some problems. I am trying to get a shiny Ralts with perfect IVs except for attack. I have my DS parameters set, entered all the information, reset my DS, use chatter to find the frame and hatch the Pokemon but it is not shiny. Using Pokecheck I have confirmed that the PIDs match and all the stats and characteristics match except my Pokemon is not shiny. I have found this with two other attempts.

I have included links below of screenshots and am wondering if I am not reading/using the RNGReporter correctly (a huge possibility) or if I am and the RNGReporter (version 9.96.5) has some bugs? Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
EDIT*** Problem solved I did not enter my Secret ID

**********************************************************************************************************************

Hello.

I am new to RNG and thought I had it figured out but am having some problems. I am trying to get a shiny Ralts with perfect IVs except for attack. I have my DS parameters set, entered all the information, reset my DS, use chatter to find the frame and hatch the Pokemon but it is not shiny. Using Pokecheck I have confirmed that the PIDs match and all the stats and characteristics match except my Pokemon is not shiny. I have found this with two other attempts.

I have included links below of screenshots and am wondering if I am not reading/using the RNGReporter correctly (a huge possibility) or if I am and the RNGReporter (version 9.96.5) has some bugs? Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Im not sure what is going on but i got a question to ask you
1.) are you going for a hidden ability or trace ability?
2.) what are your parents if you are using ditto you need to check the box for ditto if your using it
3.) did you find your starting frame for correct chattering for example you need to find the frame it starts at for the first hatch which is usually after the first two of the starting pid frame so if your starting frame is 49 so two after that is the frame of 51 so from 51 thru 55 could be your starting frame so if it was 55 you would take 77-55 to get your chatot chatters.

i have 9.96.5 Beta and it works fine which i rng breed all the time on my black and have no problems but i do troll myself hitting the wrong time alot XD sometimes i notice some frames that are farther away have the same frame as the shiny as well as you may be hitting the wrong time which some other times may have the same pid frame as the shiny of the target frame on a different second. Im not sure what is the problem :/ Im trying to cover as much as i think it could be >.<

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
They were having issues RNGing, but before anyone could help they noticed that their ID combo was missing from their profile. They figured it out already :p

hahaha well that is good cuaz i was not sure but im glad they figured it out XD I seriously couldn't really figure out what the problem was since the other part of the reporter was missing XD

KoRayven

I have a very odd problem. Okay, background, I've been RNG'ing legendaries for quite some time now, and I've RNG'ed my fair share of Gen 4 pokemon and tried my hand at RNG'ing wild pokemon. It's the usual: find seed, get time, pray to the DS that the right Timer0 pops up, then Chatot pitches. Now, here's the weird thing. My aim is a quin flawless Joltik in Chargestone Cave. It is located on Frame 112. I begin at around frame 60 and I work from there. I stop switching Chatots at frame 112. I SS and it is a non-shiny Joltik with the right IV's. Upon further inspection, my frame had advanced. By 1110 frames. I stopped at Frame 112 and arrived at frame 1222 somehow. I know this is what is happening as I was actually able to reproduce the random frame advance by 1110 frames.

I just want to know if this is common (from all the guides I've checked, it is not) or if anyone has had any experience with this kind of problem. I'd be much better knowing, if not how to alleviate the random frame advance, at least if the sudden advance is consistent enough for me to use.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
I have a very odd problem. Okay, background, I've been RNG'ing legendaries for quite some time now, and I've RNG'ed my fair share of Gen 4 pokemon and tried my hand at RNG'ing wild pokemon. It's the usual: find seed, get time, pray to the DS that the right Timer0 pops up, then Chatot pitches. Now, here's the weird thing. My aim is a quin flawless Joltik in Chargestone Cave. It is located on Frame 112. I begin at around frame 60 and I work from there. I stop switching Chatots at frame 112. I SS and it is a non-shiny Joltik with the right IV's. Upon further inspection, my frame had advanced. By 1110 frames. I stopped at Frame 112 and arrived at frame 1222 somehow. I know this is what is happening as I was actually able to reproduce the random frame advance by 1110 frames.

I just want to know if this is common (from all the guides I've checked, it is not) or if anyone has had any experience with this kind of problem. I'd be much better knowing, if not how to alleviate the random frame advance, at least if the sudden advance is consistent enough for me to use.

There is nothing in the game that can advance the PIDRNG over 1000 frames like that except rain, which isn't an issue inside a cave. Unless you turned on the C-gear and just stood there, the frame probably didn't actually advance 1110 frames. Are you sure you counted right? Got the right ID combo entered into reporter? Did the nature, gender, ability, and pokemon match up to any closer frames?