• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Kalosian

So long
So. I've spent a few hours playing around with RNG reporter and I think I more or less understand what I'm meant to be doing. Some questions, though.
-I'm using a 3DS which apparently takes 8 seconds to create a seed, which is reflected in RNG reporter, but sometimes It gives me a difference of 7 seconds instead. Is this because I'm hitting the A button too quikcly? I have the 3DS synchronized to a clock by the second so I'm hitting A precisely as the second hand gets to where it is supposed to be. Is this too soon?
-Regarding timer0, I'm getting values like 167a and 167b. When RNG reporter gives me a 7 second difference in seed time I'm getting other ones though, like 1672/1678/etc. Does this mean 167a/b is the correct combination?
-The one moving NPC is the dreamyard seems to be okay as he is staying put in the same position and only turns different directions, without actually moving. I'm guessing this won't mess anything up?
Never RNGed on a 3DS myself so not sure about how much I can help. But I'll try.

- Not sure what this depends on. My guess would be that it takes 8 seconds most of the time, but it can sometimes be done in 7 seconds. If you get 8 seconds most of the time, go with that. Can't speak for the timers either.
- Timer0s tend to vary a bit. Again, I don't really have experience with using a 3DS for RNGing. None of them are the "correct" ones though as they can all be obtained, it is just a matter of finding out which one(s) you hit the most often.
- The NPC only affects the PID (Nature/shinyness/gender), not the IVs. Since you aren't after a shiny, just ignore that. If you later on should get the right IVs but the wrong nature, try advancing the PID before interacting with Latias, the easiest way is by viewing the status screen for a Chatot with a recorded Chatter.

Stigmata

Hello. I previously RNGd for generation 4. It's my first time trying for pokemon black, and I'm having difficulty finding seed results through the PPRNG app for ios. I'm trying to go for a flawless Darminitan (stationed at relic castle). The time and IVS entered return no results. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? This is my first time using the PPRNG app for the iPhone, so I'm a little confused (even after watching the youtube videos). Thanks in advance.

Kalosian

So long
Hello. I previously RNGd for generation 4. It's my first time trying for pokemon black, and I'm having difficulty finding seed results through the PPRNG app for ios. I'm trying to go for a flawless Darminitan (stationed at relic castle). The time and IVS entered return no results. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? This is my first time using the PPRNG app for the iPhone, so I'm a little confused (even after watching the youtube videos). Thanks in advance.
Now I have no idea how PPRNG works, but have you added your parameters before searching? I would guess you need to do that somewhere in PPRNG as well. If you haven't added them, that might be what you are doing wrong.

Stigmata

Now I have no idea how PPRNG works, but have you added your parameters before searching? I would guess you need to do that somewhere in PPRNG as well. If you haven't added them, that might be what you are doing wrong.

I'll have to double check when I'm off work. I'll let you know. Thanks!

My target time keeps coming up as 10:20:07 while my console time is set at 10:19:00
My game launch delay seconds is set at 1 and my time setting delay is set at 15 seconds.
Something seems wrong, since I'm entering my game from the DS start screen without a second timer to start Pokemon black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I'm trying to RNG for pokemon Black and am having trouble with finding my parameters. Ive made sure my DS time is synced up with an external clock and have made note of the time the game was entered on RNG reporter. I keep entering my IV's (caught from Pokemon at Victory Road) as well as my Trainer ID and SID, but no results are coming up. Does anyone have any clue what I might be doing wrong?

Kalosian

So long
Hello,

I'm trying to RNG for pokemon Black and am having trouble with finding my parameters. Ive made sure my DS time is synced up with an external clock and have made note of the time the game was entered on RNG reporter. I keep entering my IV's (caught from Pokemon at Victory Road) as well as my Trainer ID and SID, but no results are coming up. Does anyone have any clue what I might be doing wrong?
Have you entered all parameters? That includes your DS Mac adress, the type of DS you are using, what game you are using, your game language, and if you held any buttons while starting up the game (if you have held some buttons by accident, that might have caused problems if you entered no buttons). Also, did you enter the exact IVs of the Pokemon you caught? If not, that might make it easier as I remember it being that way for me when I started.

If you have done all of these things correctly, then I can only think of one other thing. I remember how there were some talk about upgrades to the 3DS a while ago, which supposedly made RNGing impossible with the RNG Reporter, so if you are using a 3DS, that might be the problem. If not, I can't think of anything else.

Have you entered all parameters? That includes your DS Mac adress, the type of DS you are using, what game you are using, your game language, and if you held any buttons while starting up the game (if you have held some buttons by accident, that might have caused problems if you entered no buttons). Also, did you enter the exact IVs of the Pokemon you caught? If not, that might make it easier as I remember it being that way for me when I started.

If you have done all of these things correctly, then I can only think of one other thing. I remember how there were some talk about upgrades to the 3DS a while ago, which supposedly made RNGing impossible with the RNG Reporter, so if you are using a 3DS, that might be the problem. If not, I can't think of anything else.

I've included my Mac address and my Ds type, which is a DS Lite, the game type and language. I haven't held any buttons. Is there a chance my timing might simply be off?

All IV's have been entered correctly.

Kalosian

So long
I've included my Mac address and my Ds type, which is a DS Lite, the game type and language. I haven't held any buttons. Is there a chance my timing might simply be off?

All IV's have been entered correctly.
If so, then I really have no idea. There is always a chance your timing might be off, but I don't know. Try again and see if it goes better.