• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
Hatched shiny Sewaddle! I only RNGed the shininess because I hatched for fizzay (I'm one of his RNGers for his trade shop). It is my first Gen V RNGed Shiny! Woot!

Metagross-

Trader/Breeder
Hatched shiny Sewaddle! I only RNGed the shininess because I hatched for fizzay (I'm one of his RNGers for his trade shop). It is my first Gen V RNGed Shiny! Woot!

Congrats.
I'm still trying to RNG my first pokemon. xD

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
alright so i click on the button calculate initial pid frame on the rng menu yes or no im just going to try to hit my seed and i dont know if i will need it

You don't need to worry about that screen yet. Just hit "A" then the DS clock says 12:10:02, answer "no" to turning on the c-gear, and sweet scent once the game loads up.

Once the roamer is released, you cannot RNG it unless you start your game over. The IVs/Nature/Shiny have already been set once they're released.

jolteon135

Isn't Time Finder first in C-Gear seeds? I mean there!
Don't know what you're asking. Time finder can search any type of 4th gen/5th gen seed including c-gear seeds if that's what you want.
Congrats. [NOPARSE]:)[/NOPARSE]

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.

jolteon135

Im so confused jolteon said i had to click that button in order for me to calculate my PID

And he's telling you to ignore the PIDRNG and only go for a random Pokemon with good IVs. Personally I think that's pointless since you're probably going to toss that Pokemon later but it is a good practice exercise.

EDIT: Ok, I guess I shouldn't say it's "pointless." I just think it's not that hard to learn to manipulate both of the RNGs at the same time but darthmalice777 thinks you should take them one at a time starting with the IVRNG (for IVs only). Up to you.

Last edited:

Metagross-

Trader/Breeder
@Poke: For IVs, you don't need your PID at all. Don't confuse yourself, your making it harder than it really is. Just set the time and date, click a second before the time and don't turn on c-gear, tada!

EDIT: You can choose a value in the encounter tab that is the same as the pokemon you want.

@Arceusvictini: That sucks, I've never used anything but my DS lite.

Last edited:

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
I mean in the Smogon guide, it says something about inserting MAC adress. Here, a C+P:

C-Gear seeds:
Open up seed Time Finder in RNG Reporter, click the Capture tab and select Method 5 from the Method drop down.
In your game, look up the MAC address of your DS.
dmemaclocation.png

Copy down all 12 digits (leave out the dashes) and put them into the DS MAC Address box.

Specify the criteria for an IV spread(s) you want. It is suggested to have a max frame below 2500.
Generate the seed list. This will take quite some time, depending on how fast your computer is and how large of a range you specified.

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
I mean in the Smogon guide, it says something about inserting MAC adress. Here, a C+P:

C-Gear seeds:
Open up seed Time Finder in RNG Reporter, click the Capture tab and select Method 5 from the Method drop down.
dmemaclocation.png

Copy down all 12 digits (leave out the dashes) and put them into the DS MAC Address box.

Specify the criteria for an IV spread(s) you want. It is suggested to have a max frame below 2500.
Generate the seed list. This will take quite some time, depending on how fast your computer is and how large of a range you specified.

That's how you obtain your MAC address to enter it into your parameters.

jolteon135

so if i do it ur way i can pick the pokemon that will appear
Yes but you will be attempting to manipulate both of the RNGs at the same time which is more difficult that just attempting to manipulate 1. Basically do you want to take it one step at a time or do you want to master everything at once?

C-Gear seeds:
dmemaclocation.png

So find your MAC address. Choose Method 5 (C-gear) in the time finder and enter your MAC address under 5th gen DS parameters setup without the dashes.

Last edited:

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
The min frame above the generate button changed to the PIDRNG Frame which you then take the frame from the Time Finder, subtract the number you just got from the number, that's your starting frame.

jolteon135

alright i tried it with out clicking the button and i got the exact same litwick twice but it was not the target i was looking for

You checked its IVs? They were correct? If yes, that's what darthmalice777 wanted you to do so you'd get a feel of how to hit the seed properly.

Now What's your "Calculated initial PID frame?"

Hit the seed again, enter the game, let the season's message fade by itself, Mash X to bring up the menu as soon as the season message fades. Sweet scent and catch the Pokemon you encounter. Then look near your calculated initial PID frame for a frame that matches your caught Pokemon (same nature, ability, encounter slot, gender etc). That's your starting PID frame.
Once you know your starting PID frame you redo it and view Chatot's summary the correct number of times to advance to your target PID frame then sweet scent. Viewing Chatot's summary advances the PID frame by 1 per view (must have a recording).

after i click the "calculate initial pid frame button" do i click generate because i clicked that button and nothing happened
I told you exactly what to do:
Right click your seed in the time finder and copy to clipboard. In the main window choose method 5 PIDRNG, paste your seed (Ctrl+V) where it says seed (hex), choose the encounter type, choose the sync nature (if applicable), click "Calculate Initial PID Frame" then click generate.

Exactly that.

Last edited:

jolteon135

oops so we cant click the season thing off and we have to hold the buttons until what

Hold what buttons? Did you have keypresses for your seed? If you have keypresses you hold them immediately after you press A to start up the game (1 second early) from the DS menu. So press A, let go of A, hold keypresses until the gamefreak logo comes on.

And no you shouldn't click the season thing off. The NPCs will start in different positions if you do that and you'll keep missing your target PID frame (or you might even find the wrong starting PID frame).

jolteon135

i just tried it and it didnt work i think its the keypresses heres what i have to click

A-Select-L

so do i hold them until when and u said let go of A why

heres what i do after i click on the ds menu i hold the three buttons until the season word dissapears than i quickly press x and use sweet scent
See how your keypresses are A-Select-L? You can't just press A to start up the game and hold it. You need press A to start up the game, let go of it and then grab and hold all 3 buttons at the same time until the gamefreak logo comes on.

and no the ivs were not like my targets not even close
Then you didn't hit the seed. Your IV frame in the time finder is 1, right?
Try again and see if you can get the right IVs. If not right click your seed in the time finder and click generate adjacent seeds (current frame). See if you can find the wrong IVs you get.

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
and no the ivs were not like my targets not even close

Then what you want to do is...in the time finder window, right-click on the seed you were trying to hit and select "find adjacent frames". See if the IVs for the pokemon you did get match any of the results of the adjacent seeds.

ninja'd again.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
I have a quick question, I looked at all the No NPCs areas, and I was wondering if all the Muskteers rooms were No NPCs rooms. Because it seems like they are.

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
so once the gamefreak logo comes on do i let go of them

Yes, it's fine to let go at the trademark screen, or gamefreak logo. Whichever is more comfortable for you.

@Tarro: That is correct, none of them have NPCs that affect the PID frame (neither does Zek/Resh, Victini, Kyurem or Landorus either).

Last edited:

jolteon135

so once the gamefreak logo comes on do i let go of them

Yes...and do the rest. Enter the game (C-gear turned off), Press X rapidly while season message is fading to bring up the menu, sweet scent.

I have a quick question, I looked at all the No NPCs areas, and I was wondering if all the Muskteers rooms were No NPCs rooms. Because it seems like they are.
Yes. They are alone in the rooms (except for wild Pokemon).