• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Poke16Freak

I DID IT almost :) YES Thanks everybody for helping me
and can somebody tell me why the nature was wrong
i wanted a modest one but instead i got a quirky one
and heres the pokemon i got

Litwick 31ivs in HP, Att, Def,SP.att, spdef, and 29ivs in speed :)
it had the exact HP as my target one the only thing that was wrong was the nature :(
i wonder why

TDawg

it had the exact HP as my target one the only thing that was wrong was the nature :(
i wonder why

It's because you didn't hit the PID frame for a modest litwick.

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
Yes. They are alone in the rooms (except for wild Pokemon).

Cool! Thankyou, I'm going to try to PIDRNG them, along with IVRNG them.

P.S. Cool new avatar @Poke16Freak!

Nikator

RnG- The Masterpiece
did you RNG or PIDRNG? If you RNG you have no control over nature. For a Litwick the best method is to standard non-c gear RNG and use a synchroniser for the nature. I have a modest synchroniser if you need.

jolteon135

i wonder why
Sweet. You've mastered one RNG now (The IVRNG). Now for the more difficult one (PIDRNG). The PIDRNG is the one that determines your nature and everything else. So take note of that litwicks nature, ability, gender etc. Then look at the list of PID frames. Start from your Calculated initial PID frame and work your way up the frames until you find a PID frame that matches that litwick. It must be the same everything (nature, ability, gender, encounter slot). Click 5th gen tools and click on the encounter tables for a list of encounter slots (Not sure if they'll be helpful in this case). When you find the matching frame that's your starting PID frame. So redo it again (dont save) and next time view Chatot's summary the correct number of times to get to your target PID frame.

Btw, the gender ratios in RNG reporter are for the females. If you look at serebii you'll see that litwick is 50%F so the litwicks gender is under the 50%F column.

Last edited:

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Cool! Thankyou, I'm going to try to PIDRNG them, along with IVRNG them.

P.S. Cool new avatar @Poke16Freak!

Just search for an IV frame of 1, input the IV spread you're looking for, and find a seed that lets you synch (and shiny if you want them shiny). Much easier to synch them than find a seed with flawless IVs/specific HP IVs, right nature and shiny. At least in my experience it was easier this way, and I still had to search all the way through Jan 2019 to get my seeds, lol.

jolteon135

^Yeah, synchronizers help a lot. Also don't choose nature if you're using a synchronizer. Only choose sync nature.

Poke16Freak

Sweet. You've mastered one RNG now (The IVRNG). Now for the more difficult one (PIDRNG). The PIDRNG is the one that determines your nature and everything else. So take note of that litwicks nature, ability, gender etc. Then look at the list of PID frames. Start from your Calculated initial PID frame and work your way up the frames until you find a PID frame that matches that litwick. It must be the same everything (nature, ability, gender, encounter slot). Click 5th gen tools and click on the encounter tables for a list of encounter slots (Not sure if they'll be helpful in this case). When you find the matching frame that's your starting PID frame. So redo it again (dont save) and next time view Chatot's summary the correct number of times to get to your target PID frame.

Btw, the gender ratios in RNG reporter are for the females. If you look at serebii you'll see that litwick is 50%F so the litwicks gender is under the 50%F column.

oops i saved it but thats ok i wanted to rest since i was here the whole day
so to do the other one i had to find a quirky litwick and with the same thing and i would do what im going to come here tommorrow or maybe later to try and master this process because i want shinies

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
This thread is being posted in like wild fire.
@poke16freak
RNGing isn't going to come easily. You have to put more effort into it, and its better done a DIY with some asking involved.

This thread is like a Home Depot. Get all the tools you need, ask about how to do it, then go home and do it yourself.

Last edited:

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.

DerpFloon0089

shiny enthusiast
Hey guys, is there another way to get the same effect as Soft Resetting?
Cause when I start my ZomgTimer for first stage , I realized that my DS lite shoulder buttons don't work.
Also I'm doing C-gear seed method and My first time RNGing:).

Tarro57

RNGer, haters hate.
Do Non-C Gear First! It is easier and doesn't require the L+R Buttons! Do NON-C GEAR!!!!

Anyways, just hatched a shiny Frillish for fizzay. It is female! Woot!

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Hey guys, is there another way to get the same effect as Soft Resetting?
Cause when I start my ZomgTimer for first stage , I realized that my DS lite shoulder buttons don't work.
Also I'm doing C-gear seed method and My first time RNGing:).

If you have a DS lite, why don't you try standard seed instead of C-Gear? No delays, and you can control Nature/Ability/Shininess. You can also limit your keypresses to exclude the L+R (shoulder) buttons in the parameters.

Metagross-

Trader/Breeder
Congrats Tarro.

I come back from swmming for lke 45 minutes, another page.. This thread is

EPIC.

Edit: 4 Year old cousinis playing SSBM and everytime he attacs with pikachu he goes peekaahchewwww

othinlol

so anyone have any idea on the progress of fixing rng'ing so that it's fair. the limit to ds/ds lite makes this seem like cheating.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
so anyone have any idea on the progress of fixing rng'ing so that it's fair. the limit to ds/ds lite makes this seem like cheating.
Get a DS lite they aren't that expensive.
there is C-Gear RNGing if you do own a 3DS or a DSi. C-Gear is just a little harder and requires more effort to pull off.

DerpFloon0089

shiny enthusiast
Thanks but once I start something, I like to finish it but I'll try standard seed once I succeed at this one.
But I'm guessing I'm out of luck since Soft Reset is broken for me?