• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Kailassa

Nanna Ninetales
I have but how in the world are you supposed to figure out your starting frame? I thinking about ditching the everstone and since it'd be easier to figure out the starting frame.

Are you sure you have that zero included in your SID? - It's vital.

Have you learned the %6 method of correlating PIDs to characteristics, to help locate which frame you've hit?

Which method are you using to search for your seed?

How far past your starting frame are you landing? I'm not fast at pressing buttons, but for me it's still usually only 4 frames after. Some posters do it fast enough that the WNPCs only advance it one or two frames. So you should be looking no more than half a dozen frames ahead.

(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)

I'm still working up to the frightningest RNGing project of all, - imitating Stud's great feat of catching a shiny djinn.

I've searched 12 years, a month at a time, (a desktop timer is invaluable seeing Reporter doesn't "ding" when a search finishes and only does a month at a time,) and have a prettily set out Excel page showing lots of frame 1 possibilities. ... No perfect Timids amongst them though.

Which seasons are best for catching Tornadus/Thundurus and what sort of advancements is the weather likely to produce in each?

(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)~(@)

Another question. If a person was to use a Japanese rom on a flash cart, which type of flash cart would be the best for RNGing?
- I have bought the game, twice. A Japanese rom on a flash cart can be patched to English,. The original can't.

Last edited:

Aegon

Ugh. I've wasted so much time today. I'm aiming for a Toxicroak with the egg moves Drain Punch and Bullet Punch, which means that I have to get a Lucario in Gen IV with the egg move Bullet Punch and teach it Drain Punch using a TM. I did that (had to evolve Riolu as I went), but I just found out that I used a female Lucario. Fantastic. Now I'll have to set it all up again, evolve Riolu and find another Drain Punch TM. :/

EDIT: Drain Punch is rewarded for defeating Maylene. I'll have to trade from SS. Damn, Black and White are so limiting in some ways.

TDawg

Ugh. I've wasted so much time today. I'm aiming for a Toxicroak with the egg moves Drain Punch and Bullet Punch, which means that I have to get a Lucario in Gen IV with the egg move Bullet Punch and teach it Drain Punch using a TM. I did that (had to evolve Riolu as I went), but I just found out that I used a female Lucario. Fantastic. Now I'll have to set it all up again, evolve Riolu and find another Drain Punch TM. :/

EDIT: Drain Punch is rewarded for defeating Maylene. I'll have to trade from SS. Damn, Black and White are so limiting in some ways.

Ah I have done that with a Litwick I was trying to teach it heatwave but taught it to a female Slugma

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
Hey, guys. Haven't been too active lately, both on here and with my projects. I'm still looking forward to getting that shiny flawless ditto, but I haven't found any seeds yet. :S If I were to change the IV Frame to be more than 1, how would I do so? I believe I saw someone say once that moving messes up the PID Frame.

jolteon135

Which seasons are best for catching Tornadus/Thundurus and what sort of advancements is the weather likely to produce in each?
Any season where there's no weather on route 7 (no rain/snow before the roamer arrives). I know Summer works.
The advancement is not consistent for roamers. By this I mean 10 views of Chatot's summary does not necessarily put you 10 PID frames higher. You'll have to check the list of PID frames to figure out where you are.
When you're trying to find your starting frame you should do your advancements in 10s. Do 0, 10, 20 etc until you have enough natures/characteristics to find your starting frame. In summer your starting frame will probably be high 400s/low 500s if there's no season change when you exit the house. If there is a season change it will probably be mid 500s to low 600s.

Kalosian

So long
642.png

#642. Thundurus
OT: Tally | ID: 46329 | Gender: Male
Nature: Modest | Ability: Prankster | Type: Electric / Flying
Hidden Power: Ice [70] | Location caught: Route 16
IVs: 31 HP | 2 Atk | 30 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Revenge / Shock Wave / Heal Block / Agility
Finally got this thing. Wanted a Timid nature but I couldn't figure out my starting frame at all, so I gave up and went with Modest. It the second best option so it'll have to do. Zekrom is coming up next, will get it sometime later this week.

Also done a few breedings in Black since last time.
495.png

#495. Cobrastyle (Snivy) ()
OT: Snacko | ID: 61034 | Gender: Male
Nature: Timid| Ability: Overgrow | Type: Grass
Hidden Power: Ice [70] | Location hatched: Pinwheel Forest
IVs: 31 HP | 14 Atk | 30 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Tackle / Return​
566.png

#566. MetaRidley (Archen) ()
OT: Snacko | ID: 61034 | Gender: Male
Nature: Naive | Ability: Defeatist | Type: Rock / Flying
Hidden Power: Ice [70] | Location hatched: Skyarrow Bridge
IVs: 31 HP | 30 Atk | 30 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Quick Attack / Leer / Wing Attack​
81.png

#081. Wavedancer (Magnemite) ()
OT: Snacko | ID: 61034 | Genderless
Nature: Modest | Ability: Sturdy | Type: Electric / Steel
Hidden Power: Ice [70] | Location hatched: Gear Station
IVs: 31 HP | 30 Atk | 30 Def | 31 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Metal Sound / Tackle / Thunder Wave
Only three as that was all I had time for.

Kailassa

Nanna Ninetales
Any season where there's no weather on route 7 (no rain/snow before the roamer arrives). I know Summer works.
The advancement is not consistent for roamers. By this I mean 10 views of Chatot's summary does not necessarily put you 10 PID frames higher. You'll have to check the list of PID frames to figure out where you are.
When you're trying to find your starting frame you should do your advancements in 10s. Do 0, 10, 20 etc until you have enough natures/characteristics to find your starting frame. In summer your starting frame will probably be high 400s/low 500s if there's no season change when you exit the house. If there is a season change it will probably be mid 500s to low 600s.
Thanks, Jolteon. I've got a nice timid seed for Autumn, I'll have to check that month out. Spring is rainy when I go to that route. If I want a near perfect shiny in Summer, it will have to be modest from the looks of things. - And that's after 18 years of searches. (IV Frame 1, PID frame<1000, 3 key-presses.) I'm thinking higher frames might make it too difficult.

What do you think? Would walking to and fro in the house to (primarily) advance the IV frame be feasible?

I noticed your latest video on getting RNG Reporter to display characteristics when breeding. You have a knack of explaining things clearly.
Display characteristics RNG Reporter
Perhaps one day it will display characteristics for captured pokemon too to stop us having to use the %6 method. Not that it's too difficult now I've got the hang of doing it all on Windows calculator.

ArtIngenious has put up a video on Roamer RNGing, Pokemon B/W: Roamer RNG Abuse Tutorial for Nature/IV/Shininess

Does this seem pretty accurate to you?

Zekrom is coming up next, will get it sometime later this week.
Nice work.

You'll find the dragon pair a sinch after doing a djinn, - whether you do them at N's castle or (needlessly) fill your boxes and do them later at Dragonspiral Tower.

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
need some help with an RNG project

Im shooting for a timid 31/30/31/30/31/30 (HP Fire) Magnemite w/ magnet pull. I need to hit frame 211 to get the right IVs and nature. My parents are a flawless JP ditto 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a near flawless Magnemite 31/30/31/30/31/15 (and 211 is still the lowest frame i can find!!!! thats not right) any way, i hit my seed and i get to frame 211 the magnemite is beautiful. its shiny, timid, has magnet pull but just one problem, HP water :/ i havent checked the exact IVs yet, but it should b fire. Im useing an everstone and there are 2 timid natures right next to each other, so i try again and hit the next frame, HP Ground :/ i know im hitting my seed b/c i did it a third time and i got a shiny careful magnemite which is next on the list after the two timid ones. The only thing i dont understand is why the IVs are not what RNG reporter say they should be. I have hit every timid natured magnemite close to frame 211 and i get HP water, ground, and electric (i think the last 1 is electric i dont remember exactly) but still no fire. can anyone help me figure out whats going wrong here. I know im hitting my seed, but why are the IVs different?

my own though is b/c magnemite is genderless so the RNG reporter might be confused as to which parent passes down which IVs. I have magnemite as the mother and Ditto as the father, but does this matter at all? Should ditto be labeled the mother so that RNG reporter gives me the right inheritence? any help would be greatly appreciated :)

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Nice job, Winter02. Here's another one I just bred....

207.gif
472.gif

Gliscor | OT: Malice
Impish | Poison Heal | Hatched: 9/19/11 | Route 3
Protect | Substitute | Earthquake | Toxic
31/31/31/x/31/31​

@dewey911p - Ditto is always the mother when breeding with genderless pokemon so you have the option for egg moves from the "genderless father". Swap the IVs and you should get the poke you're trying for.

Last edited:

Kailassa

Nanna Ninetales
need some help with an RNG project

Im shooting for a timid 31/30/31/30/31/30 (HP Fire) Magnemite w/ magnet pull. I need to hit frame 211 to get the right IVs and nature. My parents are a flawless JP ditto 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a near flawless Magnemite 31/30/31/30/31/15 (and 211 is still the lowest frame i can find!!!! thats not right) any way, i hit my seed and i get to frame 211 the magnemite is beautiful. its shiny, timid, has magnet pull but just one problem, HP water :/ i havent checked the exact IVs yet, but it should b fire. Im useing an everstone and there are 2 timid natures right next to each other, so i try again and hit the next frame, HP Ground :/ i know im hitting my seed b/c i did it a third time and i got a shiny careful magnemite which is next on the list after the two timid ones. The only thing i dont understand is why the IVs are not what RNG reporter say they should be. I have hit every timid natured magnemite close to frame 211 and i get HP water, ground, and electric (i think the last 1 is electric i dont remember exactly) but still no fire. can anyone help me figure out whats going wrong here. I know im hitting my seed, but why are the IVs different?

my own though is b/c magnemite is genderless so the RNG reporter might be confused as to which parent passes down which IVs. I have magnemite as the mother and Ditto as the father, but does this matter at all? Should ditto be labeled the mother so that RNG reporter gives me the right inheritence? any help would be greatly appreciated :)

A genderless parent mated with a Ditto is always classed as male. This allows them to pass down egg moves. Yes, it does matter which is which.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll get one with the IVs you want now.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
OMG like 10 hours of hitting frame after frame and chatot summary afte chatot summary just b/c the parents were backwards :( ... ... ... o well at least now i can get it right and i have a large collection of high IV magnemites :) thanks for the help (and in record time :eek:) and i might be back to learn to RNG my event Zororark :) thanks a million

Kalosian

So long
Nice work.

You'll find the dragon pair a sinch after doing a djinn, - whether you do them at N's castle or (needlessly) fill your boxes and do them later at Dragonspiral Tower.
Thanks, Zekrom and the rest of the legendaries will hopefully be a lot easier than Thundurus. I have planned to RNG Zekrom att N's castle, filling up all the boxes are just too much work. I see you are doing a roamer as well, and I wish you the best of luck.

Nice job, Winter02.
Thank you, and nice Gligar you got there.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
i just want to say thank you all for your help i finally got my magnemite with HP Fire (havent checked the exact IVs yet but its shiny, the right nature, and the right HP, im sure its right) i nailed it on my second try. I would have had it on the first shot but i had to go up 130 frames and i was flipping and counting but i wasnt paying attention, so at about 135 flips i realized i passed it, but now i have a seruious near flawless shiny magnemite to add to my collection (im up to about 5 unique magnimites lol) So, my newest RNG:

Magnemite (Timid lvl 1 UT IVs 31/30/31/30/31/30 HP Fire w/ Magnet Pull)

Couldn't have done it without ya :D

jolteon135

Thanks, Jolteon. I've got a nice timid seed for Autumn, I'll have to check that month out. Spring is rainy when I go to that route. If I want a near perfect shiny in Summer, it will have to be modest from the looks of things. - And that's after 18 years of searches. (IV Frame 1, PID frame<1000, 3 key-presses.) I'm thinking higher frames might make it too difficult.
It's pretty difficult to find a good shiny frame for the roamer if you didn't RNG your ID/SID. :|

What do you think? Would walking to and fro in the house to (primarily) advance the IV frame be feasible?
It's doable, yes, but you will find it very annoying especially if you have timer0 issues. Imagine doing a bunch of steps only to find out that you didn't hit the right timer0. :|
Imo, you're better off sticking with frame 1 IVs and searching more months/years.

Perhaps one day it will display characteristics for captured pokemon too to stop us having to use the %6 method.
Thanks and it should be in the next version...whenever OmegaDonut releases it.
I'm sad because it looks like there's currently no plan to use the item RNGing research.

ArtIngenious has put up a video on Roamer RNGing, Pokemon B/W: Roamer RNG Abuse Tutorial for Nature/IV/Shininess

Does this seem pretty accurate to you?
It's accurate but instead of using the windows calculator you can setup researcher to do the PID%6 for roamers. Kaphotics' explanation

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
With this trio done, I've only got 2 starters to go to have them all RNG'd....

387.gif
388.gif
389.gif

Torterra | OT: Malice
Adamant | Overgrow | Hatched: 9/19/11 | Route 3
Rock Polish | Earthquake | Seed Bomb | Stone Edge
31/31/31/x/31/31

390.gif
391.gif
392.gif

Infernape | OT: Malice
Jolly | Blaze | Hatched: 9/19/11 | Route 3
Swords Dance | Fire Punch | Close Combat | Mach Punch
31/31/31/x/31/31

393.gif
394.gif
395.gif

Empoleon | OT: Malice
Modest | Torrent | Hatched: 9/19/11 | Route 3
Surf | Ice Beam | Grass Knot | Hidden Power
31/2/31/30/31/30 - HP Fire (70)​

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Ok, so i got my event Zoroark, but im not sure how to RNG it. ive only RNGed eggs and 1 wild pokemon (i still have trouble advancing the frames :/) so how do i go about RNGing this event?

I assume the first thing you do is select 5th gen Wondercard in RNG reporter (for the method) then hit time finder. next you would put in the IVs you want (flawless in my case) and select 5th gen wondercard again and set a range for your frame. I did all of this and im lucky enough to find a flawless seed on frame 1 right away. so all i have to do is loaad the game at the right time just like any other RNG right? Since this event cannot be shiny and since it has a set nature, all i have to worry about are the IVs right? Well anyway, i tried this methid and i cant seem to nail it. the Timer0 is C7E and i think C7F is my more common Timer0. So is that the only issue then? do i just need to find another seed with a Timer0 of C7F? any help would be greatly appreciated :D

P.S. while were on the subject, can someone give me a quick run down on how to advance frames. I know that you need to walk 128 steps with x # of pokemon to advance the frame by x (4 pokemon in the party @ 128 steps advances the frame by 4 if i understand right) but does it differ depending upon the location? For example, is there a difference ebetween 128 steps on land vs in grass or surfing or in a building or even a sandstorm. Also, im right to assume that the starting frame is 1 right? I know that when abusing for nature and shinyness the PID frame never starts at 1 (but thats easy to advance) but the starting frame for an egg (just about the only thing ive RNGed) is 8 and i know this is b/c takeing the egg advances the frame by 7. also, when u turn and take a step, is that 1 step or 2 and if u battle a pokemon does that affect ur frame progression any? sorry for so many questions but thanks for any help you can give :)

TDawg

Okay I am pretty sure you'll have to advance your PID frame which you will want at least one chatot for. and turns advance 2 frames. And a battle will progress the PID uncontrollably (I think it's like 120 PID a second in the battle). This is key to advance the PID frame. As for a place to take the gift pick a pokemon center with no NPCs. Not sure which are but it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Otherwise I am pretty sure a wondecard plays out just like an egg so do what you would normally do with an egg. If I am wrong anyone can correct me though as I haven't RNGd a card yet.

jolteon135

I did all of this and im lucky enough to find a flawless seed on frame 1 right away.
You need a frame 55+. Wondercard are completely PIDRNG-based so your starting frame (for IVs and everything) will be approximately RNG reporter's "Calculated Initial PIDRNG Frame."