• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

hazey

Konigsberg ~7
What cheats are you using? Are you trying to use the AR to encounter pokemon you're trying to RNG?

For learning purposes:
--Quick Egg Hatch
--Calculating IV's by pressing select + start through all the pages on the Pokemon's Summary. Then, the IV's appear on the Pokemon's stat page.

I'll still use AR after I've landed a delay, but I'll just load with no cheats on. That makes the Pokemon legit, correct?

The AR I use is the one you put in, take out, put in the game, and press start. I don't use the one where the game is always in the AR.

Also, I'll level up a Sweet Scent Roselia to attract Pokemon faster instead of using Gallade and running around. Also, since Roselia doesn't have False Swipe, does it matter how long it take for you to catch the Pokemon when obtaining seeds? Also, does it matter where I run to when I get the seed by catching a Pokemon and then using Sweet Scent? Should I use my bicycle, run, or walk? Should I go to the middle, right, or left area? Remember, this is DPPt.

Last edited:

Aegon

fnyhw.gif
CPvvn.gif

#547 Whimsicott
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: F
Nature: Timid | Ability: Prankster | Type: Grass
Hatch Location: Pinwheel Forest | Hidden Power: Grass 68
Moves: Beat Up | Tailwind | Charm | Helping Hand
IVs: 31/0/31/26/31/31

I had a little trouble with one particular seed, so I changed, and got this easily. It wasn't problematic aside from that, even though it involved chain breeding. I can't wait to EV train her and use her alongside Terrakion. :D

-Raiga-

I just started with rnging yesterday, and I've got everything down about iv rnging except seemingly the frame advancement.

I'm thinking maybe I don't understand what the game counts as steps for IV frame advancement specifically(pid advancement is layed out pretty well on the front page). For instance, is simply turning counted as a step, same with turning around and doing a step?

Because I had to get to frame 6, I had 5 pokemon in my party, so I used a repel, and counted out 28 afterwards, and after trying that a few times nothing happened. Now normally I'd think I just wasn't good at hitting the seed, but I did a keypress one right after it and got it first try, so I'm assuming its not that.

Any tips? Thanks for any and all help.

jolteon135

I just started with rnging yesterday, and I've got everything down about iv rnging except seemingly the frame advancement.

I'm thinking maybe I don't understand what the game counts as steps for IV frame advancement specifically(pid advancement is layed out pretty well on the front page). For instance, is simply turning counted as a step, same with turning around and doing a step?

Because I had to get to frame 6, I had 5 pokemon in my party, so I used a repel, and counted out 28 afterwards, and after trying that a few times nothing happened. Now normally I'd think I just wasn't good at hitting the seed, but I did a keypress one right after it and got it first try, so I'm assuming its not that.

Any tips? Thanks for any and all help.
Turning is different from stepping. A step means you actually move to a different space.
Steps always count. The only time turns don't count is when you're running. Both the step and the turn will count if it's a walking turn+step or a turn+step on the bike.

Kailassa

Nanna Ninetales

Where are you RNGing?
What exactly do you mean by "nothing happened"?
Did you sweet scent and catch a pokemon?

-Raiga-

Where are you RNGing?

Wellspring cave, so no npc's roaming around.

What exactly do you mean by "nothing happened"?

A pokemon with the IV's I was searching for didn't show up, simple as that.

Did you sweet scent and catch a pokemon?

Well, yes, otherwise I wouldn't know the iv's of what I was facing.

Do keep in mind I realize there is little use for IV frame advancement, and its better to just keep it at 1, I just merely wanted to try everything out.

Turning is different from stepping. A step means you actually move to a different space.
Steps always count. The only time turns don't count is when you're running. Both the step and the turn will count if it's a walking turn+step or a turn+step on the bike.

Ah, thanks for the help. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'll be sure to get back to you guys when I do.

Anyways, I just used your video tutorial on pidrnging(which were much more useful then the first ones I checked out) and completed my first non-shiny one of that. I think the thing that I like best about it is that it can help you get pokemon like dragonite that have a 1% chance of appearing easier, even if you don't want perfect stats.

I do have a question though, is pokecheck.org the only way to get your sid and that stuff? I would like to try the stuff with the shinies, and shiny egg breeding and all that, but I don't have a wi-fi connection and it seems like a bit much work to get it otherwise.

Thanks again!

-Raiga-

Ah, thats a shame.

Since I suppose I could use mcdonald's wifi or something, is pokecheck's thing that difficult to use?

Z3US

can anyone help me find my SID? I tried pokecheck but i cant get it to work for some reason

hazey

Konigsberg ~7
Who's talking to who here? No one seemingly has answered me in the grammar they are using. I recommend quotes! Will the Pokemon be considered legit If I load AR with the game but with no cheats activated? Also, I posted another post earlier that has not yet been acknowledged on this page that will probably answer my final questions (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=13496354&postcount=1201) + this post. My delays are getting close in DPPt--I got the same delay 3 times in a row. Anyway, I'm beating HGSS to try and RNG there. I need to do this in GEN IV because I need a Stealth Rock T-Tar and it have SuperPower.

After that, I'll beat another version of BW, because at the moment I use GameSync to grow EV reducing berries because I EV train a different way.

Last edited:

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
And, another breed from me, yaaaayy:

443.gif
444.gif
445.gif

shiny.png

Gible/Gabite/Garchomp|Gender: M
OT: Ayumi~<3 | ID: 02999
Jolly | Hatched: 9/3/11 | Route 3
Ability: Sand Veil
Tackle | Outrage | Earthquake | Substitute
31/31/31/x/31/31

I've actually RNGed one of these, but since it didn't have Outrage, I wanted to redo it. I just used the same seed I used for Venipede.​

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
How ironic TFTD, I just bred one of those today myself....

443.gif
444.gif
445.gif

shiny.png
Garchamp
male.png
| OT: Malice
Jolly | Sand Veil | Hacthed: 9/26/11 | Route 3
Swords Dance | Outrage | Earthquake | Fire Fang
31/31/31/x/31/31​

jolteon135

Who's talking to who here? No one seemingly has answered me in the grammar they are using. I recommend quotes! Will the Pokemon be considered legit If I load AR with the game but with no cheats activated? Also, I posted another post earlier that has not yet been acknowledged on this page that will probably answer my final questions (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=13496354&postcount=1201) + this post. My delays are getting close in DPPt--I got the same delay 3 times in a row. Anyway, I'm beating HGSS to try and RNG there. I need to do this in GEN IV because I need a Stealth Rock T-Tar and it have SuperPower.

IV Check and fast hatch don't do anything to the Pokemon so they're still legit.

You have a lot of other questions. Watch some videos. There's a bunch here in post #6.

Just to answer a few of your questions, we never run around to encounter Pokemon. You should always use sweet scent. No it doesn't matter how long you take to catch the Pokemon. No it doesn't matter where you are in the grass. Left, right, middle, it's all the same Pokemon in the same area.

IIRC you should be on the bike because sweet scent only advances the frame by 1 when you're on the bike. If you're not on the bike you won't be able to predict how many frames sweet scent will advance.

And about your delay problem, get EonTimer, use the beeps as a guide. The default is 6 beeps before the timer hit 0 so wait for the 6th beep every time and you should get consistent results. When you hit the wrong delay enter it in the timer and update.

EDIT: Also this isn't a 4th gen help thread. We don't really have a large 4th gen RNGing community here (though it's growing [NOPARSE]:D[/NOPARSE]). If you want answers to your 4th gen questions it's probably best to join smogon and post in the smogon "Most Generation Help Thread."

Last edited:

TDawg

Just got this guy done. He's awesome in even OU is all I have to say. lol

079.gif
080.gif

#79 Slowpoke | Water | Male | Poké Ball
Nature: Modest | Ability: Own Tempo | Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Date: 9/6/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): None​

hazey

Konigsberg ~7
IV Check and fast hatch don't do anything to the Pokemon so they're still legit.

You have a lot of other questions. Watch some videos. There's a bunch here in post #6.

EDIT: Also this isn't a 4th gen help thread. We don't really have a large 4th gen RNGing community here (though it's growing [NOPARSE]:D[/NOPARSE]). If you want answers to your 4th gen questions it's probably best to join smogon and post in the smogon "Most Generation Help Thread."

Thanks, man. That answers everything for DPPt. I landed a breed, also: 31/28/31/31/31/31 Tyranitar in GEN IV with Stealth Rock and SuperPower baby!. I also just beat HGSS and will start from there. However, as you mentioned--there are no gen IV forums (or at least they are dead)--so, I am going to just ask in Smogon. After HGSS, I'll be at BW with you guys.

Until then,

See you later.

Last edited:

hazey

Konigsberg ~7
Uhm, man I'm confused. Alright, in Smogon's video it shows bearsfan just running up the grass to use Sweet Scent to catch a Pokemon (this is DPPt). In the written guide it says to get up there as fast as possible. Wouldn't that mean using a bike

Again, this is DPPt (No one browses the other threads, so I hope some of you are veterans, I'm sorry). Bike's don't affect what frame you're on, I think? I know they do in HGSS.

TDawg

Uhm, man I'm confused. Alright, in Smogon's video it shows bearsfan just running up the grass to use Sweet Scent to catch a Pokemon (this is DPPt). In the written guide it says to get up there as fast as possible. Wouldn't that mean using a bike

Again, this is DPPt (No one browses the other threads, so I hope some of you are veterans, I'm sorry). Bike's don't affect what frame you're on, I think? I know they do in HGSS.

I know you're trying to get an answer and thats totally fine. But posting in 3 different threads isn't going to help you get your answer anytime faster. Whoe ever knows will answer you when they see it. Have you tried even asking on smogon?