• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

My latest RNG:

559.gif
560.gif

shiny.png

Scraggy/Scrafty|Gender: F
OT: Josh | ID: 53535
Brave | Hatched: 9/19/2011 | Route 3
Ability: Moxie
Zen Headbutt | Fake Out | Ice Punch | Drain Punch
31/31/31/x/31/x

And....

032.gif
033.gif
034.gif

Nidoran/Nidorino/Nidoking|Gender: M
Brave | Hatched: 9/20/11 | Route 3
Ability: Hustle
Tackle | Peck
31/31/31/x/31/x

Here I was going for a Female Nidoran but after 3-4 days all I ended up with was a male :/ but it will do for now maybe later ill go back and try again.

TDawg

My latest RNG:

559.gif
560.gif

shiny.png

Scraggy/Scrafty|Gender: F
Brave | Hatched: 9/19/2011 | Route 3
Ability: Moxie
Zen Headbutt | Fake Out | Ice Punch | Drain Punch
31/31/31/x/31/x

And....

032.gif
033.gif
034.gif

Nidoran/Nidorino/Nidoking|Gender: M
Brave | Hatched: 9/20/11 | Route 3
Ability: Hustle
Tackle | Peck
31/31/31/x/31/x

Here I was going for a Female Nidoran but after 3-4 days all I ended up with was a male :/ but it will do for now maybe later ill go back and try again.

Good Job. But why no dragon dance?:S or 31 IVs in speed.

It's probably for TR since it's Brave.

Yup :)

and I just finished another one but I think with this guy im going to get one with a Jolly nature also:

066.gif
067.gif
068.gif

shiny.png

Machop/Machoke/Machamp Gender: M
Brave | Hatched: 9/18/2011 | Route 3
Ability: No Guard
Fire Punch | Thunder Punch | Ice Punch | Bullet Punch
31/31/31/25/31/x

hazey

Konigsberg ~7
I am all over Smogon. Posting in multiple threads does yield a higher output for response; however, there is such a clause where same types of threads are visited by the same people. I'll just Smogon, I suppose.

Arsène

Honestly, we need some 4th gen guides somewhere in the forums. I'm seeing a bunch of requests for them lately.

Kalosian

So long
Done the following since last time:

133.png
470.png

#133 -> #470. Oak Sage (Eevee -> Leafeon) ()
OT: Snacko | ID: 61034 | Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Anticipation -> Chlorophyll | Type: Normal -> Grass
Hidden Power: Dark [70] | Location hatched: Pinwheel Forest
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 7 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Tackle / Helping Hand / Wish / Baton Pass​
133.png
471.png

#133 -> #471. Frost Nova (Eevee -> Glaceon) ()
Nature: Modest | Ability: Anticipation -> Ice Body | Type: Normal -> Ice
Hidden Power: Ground [70] | Location hatched: Cold Storage
IVs: 31 HP | 14 Atk | 31 Def | 30 SpA | 30 SpD | 31 Spe
133.png
196.png

#133 -> #196. Susvicious (Eevee -> Espeon)
OT: Tally | ID: 46329 | Gender: Male
Nature: Timid | Ability: Anticipation -> Magic Bounce | Type: Normal -> Psychic
Hidden Power: Fire [70] | Location hatched: Dreamyard
IVs: 31 HP | 6 Atk | 31 Def | 30 SpA | 31 SpD | 30 Spe
559.png

#559. Gangsta (Scraggy) ()
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Moxie | Type: Dark / Fighting
Hidden Power: Dark [59] | Location hatched: Challenger’s Cave
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 25 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Low Kick / Dragon Dance / Ice Punch / Drain Punch​

559.png

#559. Reaper (Scraggy) ()
Nature: Careful | Ability: Shed Skin | Type: Dark / Fighting
Hidden Power: Dark [59] | Location hatched: Challenger’s Cave
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 1 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Low Kick / Dragon Dance / Ice Punch / Drain Punch​
627.png

#627. War Sniper (Rufflet) ()
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Sheer Force | Type: Normal / Flying
Hidden Power: Electric [70] | Location hatched: Skyarrow Bridge
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 18 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Peck / Leer / Hone Claws / Aerial Ace​
396.png

#396. Falcon (Starly) ()
OT: Snacko | ID: 61034 | Gender: Female
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Keen Eye -> Reckless | Type: Normal / Flying
Hidden Power: Dark [59] | Location hatched: Driftveil Drawbridge
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 5 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Tackle / Growl / Double-Edge​
215.png

#215. Funki (Sneasel)
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Keen Eye -> Pressure | Type: Dark / Ice
Hidden Power: Dark [59] | Location hatched: Cold Storage
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 5 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Scratch / Leer / Taunt / Ice Punch​
Next up is a pair which I think everybody does at some point.

Last edited:

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
hi, i'm VERY new at RNGing can someone tell me how many chatot chatters i need to do to hit my shiny thx. i've been trying for at least 2 hours on my own trying to hit the right frame/time target/chadot chatters, so can someone help me? i'm horrible w/ math which might be half of the problem, but i REALLY want 2 learn 2 RNG. Here's some screenshots that might help. thx again!
-Emii

Last edited:

Kailassa

Nanna Ninetales
hi, i'm VERY new at RNGing can someone tell me how many chatot chatters i need to do to hit my shiny thx. i've been trying for at least 2 hours on my own trying to hit the right frame/time target/chadot chatters, so can someone help me? i'm horrible w/ math which might be half of the problem, but i REALLY want 2 learn 2 RNG. Here's some screenshots that might help. thx again!
-Emii

Firstly, both your links lead to the same screenshot.
Secondly, that doesn't matter because it's impossible to hit any of the frames shown in that screenshot.

See the box in that shot marked: "calculate initial PIDRNG frame"?
You need to click on that, and then a number will show in the "starting frame" box. That number is the first PIDRNG frame you will be able to hit for the seed you put in. It is usually somewhere around 50.

As you're new to this it would be an idea to post a screenshot of the way you've set up time-finder, so someone can check on it. At this stage you should be making sure the min and max for IVRNG frames are both set to 1, otherwise it will get too complicated, as advancing the IV frame also advances the PID frame.

-------------------------------------

Sorry, didn't notice you were doing eggs, was thinking you were looking for wild pokemon. - 5 AM is not my best time.

As Jolteon has said, don't do eggs straight off. Go for an IV frame 1 wild pokemon, and you might as well search for one with good stats as it's no harder to RNG a good one than a mediocre one. As for the rest of his advice, follow it like he's god and you won't go far wrong.

Last edited:

jolteon135

-Emii

You really shouldn't start with eggs if you're new to RNGing. Wild Pokemon/Stationaries are good encounter types to start with.

Anyways, it seems you have the 2 RNGs mixed up or you're not aware that there are 2 RNGs to manipulate. For eggs the IVRNG starts on frame 8. The 4/5th gen shiny egg tab automatically uses IV Frame 8 so there's no option to choose the IV Frame there. The PIDRNG (what you're looking at in the picture linked) starts between Frame 40-60 and the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" button will give you an idea of what your starting PID Frame is.

You need set min Frame=60 in the shiny egg tab and max frame=whatever you want (I use 200).

Also why did you only search for 31 Atk and 31 Speed? If you're going to RNG at least aim for something better than that. You have a flawless father (Ditto?) so it shouldn't be difficult to find seeds with five 31s. You might want to click on "5th gen DS parameters setup" and choose 2 or 3 keypresses.

Check out the videos on the first page and the FAQ. Good luck.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
to RNG in entree forest, is it possible to use the Standard seed method? and if so, is it PIDRNGing or IVRNGing? or is the only option C-Gear abuse? (if its C-Gear abuse only then i'll be back :p)
Nope; only C-Gear. Which I'm probably going to have to learn myself for my event Banette...

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Nope; only C-Gear. Which I'm probably going to have to learn myself for my event Banette...

ahhh, so we are in the same boat then -.- well first things first then :) i know you need to do a soft reset when Eon timer runs down the first timer, but when do you do the SR? i mean, do i start the game and get to the screen where i see Zekrom (where it says push start) or do i have to actually load the game so that my charecter can walk around? or is it just like standard seed RNGing in that once you load it from the main DS screen you can SR any point after that?

jolteon135

ahhh, so we are in the same boat then -.- well first things first then :) i know you need to do a soft reset when Eon timer runs down the first timer, but when do you do the SR? i mean, do i start the game and get to the screen where i see Zekrom (where it says push start) or do i have to actually load the game so that my charecter can walk around? or is it just like standard seed RNGing in that once you load it from the main DS screen you can SR any point after that?

Watch some videos (first page).

Starting frame for Entralink RNGing is Frame 21 and Entralink Pokemon are Stationaries. 2500 is a good minimum delay. You can go lower once you get the hang of it (though you might find yourself rushing).
The purpose of the first timer is to sync your DS clock with the timer. Basically set the DS clock and the start the timer at the same time. Turn off/on and start up your game cartridge then SR when the first timer hits zero. Yes once you load the cartridge from the DS main menu you can SR at any point after that. You don't have to enter the game world. The first timer can be as short as you want. If you find that the first timer is too long adjust the second value in seed to times and use another time. I like to keep the first timer around 20 seconds long. Last, pay attention to the "minutes before target." If your target time is 8:06:15 and "minutes before target" is 1 that means set the DS clock to 8:05:00 and start the timer at the same time.

The second timer is the delay timer and you need to get into the game before it hits zero. You can turn on the c-gear at the continue screen.Then when you get in game trap on the entralink and it will say "*your character* warped to the Entralink!" Keep that message on the screen until the second timer hits zero then press A to warp to the entralink as soon as the second timer hits zero.

Tips:

Save on route 7 close to Mistralton. Run around in the grass and get into a battle before you save. That will reset the 128 step counter.
If you don't have an AR, the quickest way to check IVs is to go to the Hidden Power guy in the Mistralton Pokemon center and write down the hidden power. Next fly to Nimbasa and enter the battle institute next to the Pokemon center. Your Entralink Pokemon will auto-level to Lv. 50. Use metalkid's IV Calculator and it should be easy to get exact/almost exact IVs with the nature, characteristic, hidden power type and Lv. 10/Lv. 50 stats.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
My latest work:

063.gif

#063 l Abra l Female l Lv. 1 l OT: KAISER l ID #: 07887
Timid l Magic Guard l Hatched l 10/22/2011 l Skyarrow Bridge l Pokeball
IVs: 30/15/30/31/31/31 l HP: Ice 70 l EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0
Teleport

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I've decided to ease up a bit my attempts at a shiny Cobalion by going for a seed with an IV frame of one, so that I wouldn't have to walk any steps in a cave and mess up my PID frame in a way i can't predict accurately.

So I found one with iv frame 1, hit the seed, and did as many chatot cries as the "nearby shiny" number said (and also attempted doing one less) but as always, failure...I hit the ivs I wanted but not the nature and shinyness.

My guess is that there must be a diffent starting frame than one, am I right?
If that's the case, how do I calculate it?

jolteon135

I've decided to ease up a bit my attempts at a shiny Cobalion by going for a seed with an IV frame of one, so that I wouldn't have to walk any steps in a cave and mess up my PID frame in a way i can't predict accurately.

So I found one with iv frame 1, hit the seed, and did as many chatot cries as the "nearby shiny" number said (and also attempted doing one less) but as always, failure...I hit the ivs I wanted but not the nature and shinyness.

My guess is that there must be a diffent starting frame than one, am I right?
If that's the case, how do I calculate it?

Click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame."