• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
so if its just like an egg shoul i keep my min and max frame at 8 still?
Yes yes yes! To advance the IV frame you would have to walk, and the notorious gangs of wandering NPCs of Route 3 will mean you will have zero control of the shininess, nature, and most of the stats of your hatchling. IV frame 8 is the only frame that should be used.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
ok bear with me, but im lost :/

heres what i have so far, in the main RNG reporter window i selected 5th gen Wondercard then timer finder. Next, under the capture tab, i set min and max frame to 8 and put in the date to search for and hit generate, once i find a spread i want, do i just load the game at that specific time then chatot summary up to the PIDRNG frame i want? or can i advance the frame by one or two to get a better spread?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
im not sure what to do next. do i just load the game at the time it tells me to? if so, where does the PIDRNG manipulation come in? right now it says if i load the game at 10/26/11 3:56:56 and just take the pokemon right away (assuming that will put it at frame 8) then i should have the IV spread RNG reporter tells me with no PIDRNG manipulation. is that all i have to do then?

jolteon135

im not sure what to do next. do i just load the game at the time it tells me to? if so, where does the PIDRNG manipulation come in? right now it says if i load the game at 10/26/11 3:56:56 and just take the pokemon right away (assuming that will put it at frame 8) then i should have the IV spread RNG reporter tells me with no PIDRNG manipulation. is that all i have to do then?

Why are you using frame 8? It's not an egg. The starting frame is your "Calculated initial PIDRNG Frame." There's no IV Frame, you're just manipulating the PIDRNG.

PID Frames usually start between 40-60 which is why the smogon guide says to search 55+ for the frame.

EDIT: Min Frame=55, Max Frame=whatever you want. Proceed from there.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
i must have misread, i though someone said it started on frame 8 :/ anyway, so under the capture tab, select 5th gen wondercard and set min/max frame to 50/xxx then once i get a seed find the PIDRNG frame off of the main RNG reporter window. ok i think i got it, i will try it out and come back if it doesnt work and thanks again guys :)

Last edited:

Kailassa

Nanna Ninetales
i must have misread, i though someone said it started on frame 8 :/ anyway, so under the capture tab, select 5th gen wondercard and set min/max frame to 50/xxx then once i get a seed find the PIDRNG frame off of the main RNG reporter window. ok i think i got it, i will try it out and come back if it doesnt work and thanks again guys :)
You didn't misread.

Most of us here are both learning and trying to help others at the same time, so some answers can be a bit confused. Jolteon has mastered this stuff, and really knows what he's talking about.

There's a page here on RNGing Wonder Cards you might like to check out. It's by Kaphotics, another accomplished RNGer and teacher.

I got the impression, reading your questions, you still don't fully understand the two RNGs, the IV-RNG and the PID-RNG, and the different ways to manipulate each.

To take it back to basics, in gen 5 there is one random number generator for deciding the IVs, the IV-RNG, and another for deciding everything else, the PID-RNG.

Advancing the IV frame is usually done by walking/turning. This also advances the PID frame to an extent which varies depending on many factors. The difficulty in working out exactly how much this has advanced your PID frame is why beginners are advised to use seeds for captures with an IV frame of 1.

Advancing the PID fame is done by saving, or by flipping the summaries of Chatots on which you have recorded a custom chatter.

You asked about sandstorms. You never RNG in a sandstorm. It advances the frame ridiculously. Nor in fog, which prevents you sweet scenting. You get rid of either of these by entering the area, saving, soft resetting, turning your DS's time back a month, re-entering the game and engaging in any random battle. Then save, turn off, enter the time for your seed and get back into the game again. You will have to repeat this for each saved capture you do in the area.

wearjo

Pokemon Trader
You didn't misread.

Most of us here are both learning and trying to help others at the same time, so some answers can be a bit confused. Jolteon has mastered this stuff, and really knows what he's talking about.

There's a page here on RNGing Wonder Cards you might like to check out. It's by Kaphotics, another accomplished RNGer and teacher.

I got the impression, reading your questions, you still don't fully understand the two RNGs, the IV-RNG and the PID-RNG, and the different ways to manipulate each.

To take it back to basics, in gen 5 there is one random number generator for deciding the IVs, the IV-RNG, and another for deciding everything else, the PID-RNG.

Advancing the IV frame is usually done by walking/turning. This also advances the PID frame to an extent which varies depending on many factors. The difficulty in working out exactly how much this has advanced your PID frame is why beginners are advised to use seeds for captures with an IV frame of 1.

Advancing the PID fame is done by saving, or by flipping the summaries of Chatots on which you have recorded a custom chatter.

You asked about sandstorms. You never RNG in a sandstorm. It advances the frame ridiculously. Nor in fog, which prevents you sweet scenting. You get rid of either of these by entering the area, saving, soft resetting, turning your DS's time back a month, re-entering the game and engaging in any random battle. Then save, turn off, enter the time for your seed and get back into the game again. You will have to repeat this for each saved capture you do in the area.

Hmmmm... what I wanna ask, is what frame it starts on????

addman999

Ok im still having trouble manipulating my ID/SID for a shiny starter, I can find the ID and SID i want using pandoras box and hit that frame. I then save in front of the gift box when i know ive got the right ID and turn the game off.
Im not sure where to find the PID seed i need to hit to make this pokemon shiny?
What is the next step?

Kailassa

Nanna Ninetales
Hmmmm... what I wanna ask, is what frame it starts on????

You don't have to worry about the IV frame for RNGing a wonder card pokemon. Where you can choose a range for frames, that's for the PID frame. The minimum needs to high enough so you still have a positive number after subtracting the initial starting frame from it, and the max depends on how many chatters you are prepared to do to advance the frame. As this pokemon cannot be shiny and has a fixed nature, there's no point in putting in a high max.

Do you already understand how to find the initial starting frame?

TDawg

Ok im still having trouble manipulating my ID/SID for a shiny starter, I can find the ID and SID i want using pandoras box and hit that frame. I then save in front of the gift box when i know ive got the right ID and turn the game off.
Im not sure where to find the PID seed i need to hit to make this pokemon shiny?
What is the next step?

You have to input your seed into the main window of rng reporter and see what PID you have to hit

addman999

You have to input your seed into the main window of rng reporter and see what PID you have to hit

Do i have to change the ID's in that window to the ones of my new ID and SID?
that being the main RNG reporter window

Last edited: