• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Aegon

OxKHa.gif
J2FC7.gif

#453 Croagunk
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: M
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Dry Skin | Type: Poison/Fighting
Hatch Location: Moor of Icirrus | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Moves: Stone Edge | Drain Punch | Bullet Punch | Poison Jab
IVs: 31/31/31/23/31/31

This was a bit of a pain, since I had to get a Lucario in Gen IV with the egg move Bullet Punch and then teach it the Drain Punch TM. As I had poor parents, I wasn't too bothered about getting a hex-flawless one, so I took this. I'll never, ever be using the Special Attack stat, anyway.

My next target is Terrakion, I think. I need to find a good seed, though. It shouldn't be too difficult.

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Very nicely done, Speed. Gotta love the ugliest toad/frog in the history of games, but he's a beast in the rain.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
You didn't misread.

Most of us here are both learning and trying to help others at the same time, so some answers can be a bit confused. Jolteon has mastered this stuff, and really knows what he's talking about.

There's a page here on RNGing Wonder Cards you might like to check out. It's by Kaphotics, another accomplished RNGer and teacher.

I got the impression, reading your questions, you still don't fully understand the two RNGs, the IV-RNG and the PID-RNG, and the different ways to manipulate each.

To take it back to basics, in gen 5 there is one random number generator for deciding the IVs, the IV-RNG, and another for deciding everything else, the PID-RNG.

Advancing the IV frame is usually done by walking/turning. This also advances the PID frame to an extent which varies depending on many factors. The difficulty in working out exactly how much this has advanced your PID frame is why beginners are advised to use seeds for captures with an IV frame of 1.

Advancing the PID fame is done by saving, or by flipping the summaries of Chatots on which you have recorded a custom chatter.

You asked about sandstorms. You never RNG in a sandstorm. It advances the frame ridiculously. Nor in fog, which prevents you sweet scenting. You get rid of either of these by entering the area, saving, soft resetting, turning your DS's time back a month, re-entering the game and engaging in any random battle. Then save, turn off, enter the time for your seed and get back into the game again. You will have to repeat this for each saved capture you do in the area.

you were dead on, i was confused between IV-RNGing and PIDRNGing. i thought that the frame under the capture tab was strictly for IV RNGing and the PIDRGing was done under the egg tab :/ but i understand now and i got my flawless event Zoroark in less then 5 min (only missed the frame once). It was so easy and thank you guys. my god i made it more complicated then what it was tho :p

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
511.gif

#511 Pansage | Grass | Male | Poké Ball
OT: Shadow | ID: 05497 | SID: 13142 | Shiny: No
Nature: Modest | Ability: Gluttony | Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Date: 9/15/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
Hidden Power/Power: Ice/70 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/30
Egg Move(s): Nasty Plot, Role Play, Leaf Storm

511.gif

#511 Pansage | Grass | Male | Poké Ball
OT: Shadow | ID: 05497 | SID: 13142 | Shiny: Yes
Nature: Modest | Ability: Gluttony | Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Date: 9/10/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
Hidden Power/Power: Ice/70 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/30
Egg Move(s): Nasty Plot, Role Play, Leaf Storm

I like monkey. :]
I'll eventually do Pansear and Panpour. :D

Last edited:

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Always wanted one of these anyway....

318.gif
319.gif

Sharpedo | OT: Malice
Adamant | Speed Boost | Hatched: 9/21/11 | Route 3
Protect | Crunch | Waterfall | Ice Fang
31/31/31/x/31/31​

Aegon

ZgeWx.gif

#639 Terrakion
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: N/A
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Justified | Type: Rock/Fighting
Catch Location: Trial Chamber | Hidden Power: Dark 59
Moves: Close Combat | Stone Edge | X-Scissor | Earthquake
IVs: 31/31/31/13/31/31

I just caught this. After I found a good seed, this was laughably easy. RNGing stationary legendaries is such a breeze. :p

EDIT: I put all my RNGs into an old post (thanks to Winter02 for the inspiration xD), which can be found in my signature. That took a while. :/

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
EDIT: I put all my RNGs into an old post (thanks to Winter02 for the inspiration xD), which can be found in my signature. That took a while. :/
Wait, what? Did I inspire you to that?
That was unexpected. Glad you like it though, even if the idea isn't originally mine. I feel that having everything at a single place makes things much easier to keep track off, which is why I chose to do it after all.
Also, good job on the Terrakion. I want one too... though I am at least able to get one of my own soon.

And I just got this:
644.png

#644. Zekrom
OT: Tally | ID: 46329 | Genderless
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Teravolt | Type: Dragon / Electric
Hidden Power: Electric [70] | Location caught: N’s Castle
IVs: 31 HP | 31 Atk | 31 Def | 6 SpA | 31 SpD | 31 Spe
Moves: Dragonbreath / Slash / Zen Headbutt / Fusion Bolt​
So this is the first stationary I have done in White. After I beat the game, I do still have the Musketeer trio, Kyurem and Volcarona (though it isn't a legendary) left. No Victini though, as I got the game long after the event was over. Also got Landorus left in both Black and White.
Not done anything in Black since last time, but I have planned to do some things during the weekend.

Last edited:

Aegon

mK310.gif

#479 Rotom
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: N/A
Nature: Modest | Ability: Levitate | Type: Electric/Water
Hatch Location: Cold Storage | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Moves: Hydro Pump | Thunder | Shadow Ball | Will-O-Wisp
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
I got this in the last hour. It wasn't too difficult. I would have liked to have given it Pain Split, but that's a Gen IV-only move; oh well, there's always Grey. I'll EV train it soon, as well as my previous RNGs I got this week.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I'm sorry, I know there's like three huge posts regarding what this is but can someone please give me the sparknotes version because I'm totally not understanding any of this.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
What are you trying to understand? The whole RNG thing?

Yeah, like what is it exactly for? Is it only for stats and shiny status or will it allow me to get an event Pokemon?

Kailassa

Nanna Ninetales
Yeah, like what is it exactly for? Is it only for stats and shiny status or will it allow me to get an event Pokemon?

RNGing is "only for stats and shiny status".

RNGing does not change the types of pokemon available in the game or allow you to get event pokemon which would be otherwise unavailable to you.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
most recent RNGs :D

#495 Snivy | Grass | Male | Poké Ball
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Overgrow| Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Date: 10/12/2011 | Hatched: Route 3| Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Magical Leaf, Glare, Iron Tail, and Twister

Nature: Modest| Ability: Overgrow| Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Date: 12/9/2011 | Hatched: Route 3| Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/22/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Magical Leaf, Glare, Iron Tail, and Twister

Nature: Timid| Ability: Overgrow| Characteristic: Likes to thrash about.
Date: 9/12/2011 | Hatched: Route 3| Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Magical Leaf, Glare, Iron Tail, and Twister

all shiny :D im also aiming for a jolly one, but im haveing trouble finding a seed for that nature. btw, where can i find the shiny spirits to put over the info to make it look cooler :D

TDawg

most recent RNGs :D

Nature: Adamant | Ability: Overgrow| Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Date: 10/12/2011 | Hatched: Route 3| Met at Lvl. 1

Nature: Modest| Ability: Overgrow| Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Date: 12/9/2011 | Hatched: Route 3| Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/22/31/31/31/31 | Egg Move(s): Magical Leaf, Glare, Iron Tail, and Twister

Nature: Timid| Ability: Overgrow| Characteristic: Likes to thrash about.
Date: 9/12/2011 | Hatched: Route 3| Met at Lvl. 1

all shiny :D im also aiming for a jolly one, but im haveing trouble finding a seed for that nature. btw, where can i find the shiny spirits to put over the info to make it look cooler :D

Congrats. Idk why so many Snivy though. and sprites.pokecheck.org. Has all the sprites to make your post all pretty and stuff ;)

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
I'm gonna go out on the line and say that you can't RNG in the Desert Resort, right?

-Edit: Say Happy Birthday... NAU! :D