• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
Why wouldn't you be able to?

Because I just tried that thing where you save, turn off, and then advance the time one month to get rid of the sandstorm and it didn't work.

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Congrats. Idk why so many Snivy though. and sprites.pokecheck.org. Has all the sprites to make your post all pretty and stuff ;)

thanks for the link :) and i did so many Snivy so people have an option for when i trade them :p since Serperior has the same base Atk/S.Atk people can choose what set they want to run and the same hold true if they want a speed boost instead of a power boost. Also, the frames were pretty close at first but then i just got determined to get them :p

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Yaaayy, new breed:

543.gif
544.gif
545.gif

shiny.png

Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede|Gender: M
OT: Ayumi~<3 | ID: 02999
Jolly | Hatched: 9/3/11 | Route 3
Ability: Poison Point
Defense Curl | Rollout | Toxic Spikes
31/31/31/x/31/31

This is for my friend who really loves shiny Scolipede. It was another one of those breeds where one seed is insanely annoying to hit, and the next one I use, I hit everything on the first try. <.<​

Last edited:

wearjo

Pokemon Trader
Um... so you need SID and ID to hit shiny eggs right??? And you can only find your SID and ID with an AR??? So if I find someone with an AR will they be able to tell me my ID and SID???

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
Um... so you need SID and ID to hit shiny eggs right??? And you can only find your SID and ID with an AR??? So if I find someone with an AR will they be able to tell me my ID and SID???

Your ID (a.k.a. TID - Trainer ID) can be found on your trainer card or on a captured Pokémon's summary.

To find your SID, you can use an AR to find it, otherwise you can use http://www.pokecheck.org. All you need to do is make an account on there and follow the instructions.

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss

hazey

Konigsberg ~7
Need help with RNG in DPPt. PM you're skype or if you want to meet in Ventrilo or talk in IRC. Will make it worth your while ~$

hazey

Konigsberg ~7
THIS IS FOR DPPt, specifically Platinum I figured, I'd post here since these threads aren't too active. Also, I took a look and did not see a RNG thread for 4th gen.

Here, is my problem. I'm at that last stage. I got the nature and ability all set. I did 8 trail runs to see what frame I was on and it was 6. My target frame was 18, so I did the following calculation in doing flips in my journal: (18-6)/2=6 flips.

Now, I know you have to flip to a page where you have killed or caught a Pokemon. I have been just flipping back and forth to a page where I caught a Pokemon and a page where nothing happened--hitting that page with the caught Pokemon 6 times. And yes, the page starts with the caught Pokemon recorded and I counted it as one of my 6 flips.

So, I set the time 1 minute before it says on the chart and start a stopwatch as soon as I start the time on the DS. Also, set the date. Wait till the 59th second. Smash A to the journal. Do my flips. Press start and smash A as fast as possible.

I use an AR that calculates IV's by pressing start+select in the summary section and then the IV's appear in the stat section in the Pokemon's summary. I also use a quick egg hatch cheat, where my egg hatches in few steps. These cheats didn't harm the first part when getting the ability and nature.

I am not landing on the spread at all, I even widened it to a huge state.

What am I doing wrong here?

EDIT: I used a newer AR strategy. I used the cheat to fill my bags with all the TM's so I can calculate IV's by TM. This way, I am able to calculate IV's of an egg before it hatches. I did this and found myself on the spread and missed the correct delay.

So, the question is; do IV's change if you hatch the egg using a cheat that hatches the egg quickly and then check the IV's by looking at them in the Pokemon's summary?

Last edited:

Aegon

No, hazey, they do not. Gen IV RNGing is quite difficult, so you may find yourself SRing a lot to hit your seed. You should really post here if you want to talk about pre-Gen V RNGing, considering the location of this thread.

Lightey

I've wanted to get into RNGing (for shinies). I've gotten my SID, but is there a guide that's not confusing? All the ones I've read have confused me. Also, I'm on a Mac, so I can't use RNG Reporter, but I do have PPRNG.

jolteon135

I've wanted to get into RNGing (for shinies). I've gotten my SID, but is there a guide that's not confusing? All the ones I've read have confused me. Also, I'm on a Mac, so I can't use RNG Reporter, but I do have PPRNG.

What's confusing? Shininess is controlled by the second RNG (PIDRNG). The PIDRNG is advanced by viewing Chatot's summary but you have to use the move Chatter outside of battle and record something into the DS mic before your Chatot will work. The PIDRNG starts between frame 40-60. I believe the newest PPRNG can now calculate what frame the PIDRNG will start on so that makes it somewhat easier. Double clicking the seed in PPRNG brings up the standard seed inspector which shows you the list of PID frames.

Video1
Video2

I made those for RNG reporter users but the only real difference is that you'll be using the standard seed inspector in PPRNG instead of the main window of RNG reporter. Process is exactly the same otherwise.

Kailassa

Nanna Ninetales

It's all confusing at first, so take it in stages. Stage 1 is finding your parameters. Here's a video explaining how to do that on a Mac.
Try it, it's only the way, as my son says.

RNG Abuse Using PPRNG--DS Game Configuration/Parameters Searcher

Note you cannot use this method on a DSi or 3DS, and you should reach Victory Road first so you have reasonably high level pokemon to catch.

Also note, when it asks for your MAC address, this is the address of your DS, and has nothing to do with your computer.

Good luck.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I see I got ninja'd. ;)
Joltoen has made great videos. They are well worth watching.

Last edited: