• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I'm still not hitting my seed, and I'm unsure of what I'm doing wrong, so I'll try and be as specific as possible.

RNGReporter 9.93 Beta, on Window's Vista.

For the sake of practice, I'm trying to RNG an Adamant Chlorophyll Deerling, 31/31/31/31/31/31, on Route 6, in Summer months (so there isn't any weather)

1. Open the program, click Time Finder. Under 5th Gen DS Parameters, my Mac Address is right, White Version, Original DS Lite, Soft Reset isn't checked. Keypresses 3, VCount 60, VFrame 6, GXStat, Timer0 Min - Max, both C7E.
2. Click Capture Tab, Year 2011, Month 2, Max Frame 1, Use True Minimum Frame box checked off.
3. Method -> Gen 5 PIDRNG, Encounter type -> Wild Pokemon, Encounter slot -> Any. All IVs are 31, Ability 0, Nature -> Adamant, Sync nature -> Adamant. Box for Synchronize Frames only is unchecked. ID is 08501
4. Pick a seed that is encounter type 0, 4, or 6, with Ability 0, M gender, and a usable Date & Time.
5. C+P seed from there to the main window. Method -> Gen 5 PIDRNG, Encounter type -> Wild Pokemon, Synch nature -> Adamant.
6. Max results 100000, click Calculate Starting Initial Frame. All IVs are maxed, Nature -> Adamant, Ability 0, Encounter type -> Any, Gender -> Male - Male 50%/Female 50%. Click generate.
7. Change the DS to the date and time given, press A at exact time, hold keypresses if applicable. Mash A when the comet appears, and mash X as the season fades. Catch the first Pokemon I see, and it doesn't have the desired IVs, as someone here mentioned that the random pokemon I catch first will have the desired IVs.

MSK

I'm still not hitting my seed, and I'm unsure of what I'm doing wrong, so I'll try and be as specific as possible.

RNGReporter 9.93 Beta, on Window's Vista.

For the sake of practice, I'm trying to RNG an Adamant Chlorophyll Deerling, 31/31/31/31/31/31, on Route 6, in Summer months (so there isn't any weather)

1. Open the program, click Time Finder. Under 5th Gen DS Parameters, my Mac Address is right, White Version, Original DS Lite, Soft Reset isn't checked. Keypresses 3, VCount 60, VFrame 6, GXStat, Timer0 Min - Max, both C7E.
2. Click Capture Tab, Year 2011, Month 2, Max Frame 1, Use True Minimum Frame box checked off.
3. Method -> Gen 5 PIDRNG, Encounter type -> Wild Pokemon, Encounter slot -> Any. All IVs are 31, Ability 0, Nature -> Adamant, Sync nature -> Adamant. Box for Synchronize Frames only is unchecked. ID is 08501
4. Pick a seed that is encounter type 0, 4, or 6, with Ability 0, M gender, and a usable Date & Time.
5. C+P seed from there to the main window. Method -> Gen 5 PIDRNG, Encounter type -> Wild Pokemon, Synch nature -> Adamant.
6. Max results 100000, click Calculate Starting Initial Frame. All IVs are maxed, Nature -> Adamant, Ability 0, Encounter type -> Any, Gender -> Male - Male 50%/Female 50%. Click generate.
7. Change the DS to the date and time given, press A at exact time, hold keypresses if applicable. Mash A when the comet appears, and mash X as the season fades. Catch the first Pokemon I see, and it doesn't have the desired IVs, as someone here mentioned that the random pokemon I catch first will have the desired IVs.

Here is your problem on time finder you should have this set to Method 5 (Standard Seed). This finds your seeds, you then use PIDRNG on main window to advnace the frames.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Here is your problem on time finder you should have this set to Method 5 (Standard Seed). This finds your seeds, you then use PIDRNG on main window to advnace the frames.

Thanks, I'm gonna try that immediately.

Aegon

Good luck. Did they switch the ungl to glan yet?
Yup. Here's the list of amendments:
- Added: 5th Gen DSi\3DS support for Spanish versions
- Added: True Minimum Frame feature eliminates the need for the user to specify a minimum frame for 5th Gen Wondercard and PIDRNG searches - allowing for a more thorough search
- Added: Progress box for DPPt\HGSS shiny egg searches and doubled search speed
- Added: Gender filter to main window
- Added: PID and Characteristics can now be calculated for Entralink Pokémon
- Added: Method H for 3rd Gen wild captures
- Added: Encounter tables for Ruby\Sapphire\Emerald\Fire Red\Leaf Green
- Added: 3rd Gen Shiny Egg Finder for Ruby\Sapphire
- Improved: Main window no longer displays fishing frames that cannot appear (Method J\K only)
- Improved: 5th Gen seed searches are now approximately 20% faster
- Improved: Changed behavior of text boxes to highlight text when tabbing
- Improved: Shiny egg searches now have expanded gender search\display
- Improved: Dex\IV Checker no longer prevents access to other parts of RNG Reporter
- Improved: Users can now specify non-shiny eggs for 4th Gen egg PID searches
- Improved: Time Finder searches no longer run if min frame is larger than max frame
- Fixed: Retrieve IVs from IVRNG now correctly retrieves Frame 1 for characteristics - including roamers
- Fixed: Characteristics now display correctly for 5th gen captured Pokémon
- Fixed: Time Finder switches to DS Parameters tab instead of the 3rd Gen Shiny Egg tab when not all parameters are filled out
- Fixed: Encounter slots are no longer displayed for non-wild encounter types (i.e. Stationary\Roamer\Gift)
- Fixed: Changed font in donation box to prevent crashes when Arial MT Rounded Bold is not available
- Fixed: Seed to Time OK and Cancel buttons were broken in previous update
- Fixed: C-Gear seed searches no longer incorrect when minimum frame is set past 227
- Fixed: a small glitch where males and females could be incorrectly calculated for Pokemon of the 75% M\25% F and 25% M\75% F ratios
- Fixed: an issue where the Delay textboxes on the 4th Gen Shiny egg finder were greyed out
- Fixed: an issue where Gen 4 egg PID frames would always start at frame 1 even if a different initial frame was specified
- Fixed: a crash that would occur if the Time Finder progress window was closed from the taskbar
- Fixed: a seed calculation error that affected less than one percent of seeds
- Fixed: UNGL Wondercard (now called GLAN Wondercard) now correctly accessible from the Time Finder
- Fixed: Pandora’s Box now supports 4-digit Timer0 values
- Fixed: a crash that occurred when trying to output Colosseum\XD frames to a CSV file
- Fixed: an issue where Good Rod encounter slots were incorrectly calculated for Methods J\K
- Fixed: an issue where Custom 6 and 7 in Researcher would not reuse Custom 5 and 6 results
- Removed: Method 3 from main window and IVs to PID as it doesn’t exist in-game

TDawg

Yup. Here's the list of amendments:
- Added: 5th Gen DSi\3DS support for Spanish versions
- Added: True Minimum Frame feature eliminates the need for the user to specify a minimum frame for 5th Gen Wondercard and PIDRNG searches - allowing for a more thorough search
- Added: Progress box for DPPt\HGSS shiny egg searches and doubled search speed
- Added: Gender filter to main window
- Added: PID and Characteristics can now be calculated for Entralink Pokémon
- Added: Method H for 3rd Gen wild captures
- Added: Encounter tables for Ruby\Sapphire\Emerald\Fire Red\Leaf Green
- Added: 3rd Gen Shiny Egg Finder for Ruby\Sapphire
- Improved: Main window no longer displays fishing frames that cannot appear (Method J\K only)
- Improved: 5th Gen seed searches are now approximately 20% faster
- Improved: Changed behavior of text boxes to highlight text when tabbing
- Improved: Shiny egg searches now have expanded gender search\display
- Improved: Dex\IV Checker no longer prevents access to other parts of RNG Reporter
- Improved: Users can now specify non-shiny eggs for 4th Gen egg PID searches
- Improved: Time Finder searches no longer run if min frame is larger than max frame
- Fixed: Retrieve IVs from IVRNG now correctly retrieves Frame 1 for characteristics - including roamers
- Fixed: Characteristics now display correctly for 5th gen captured Pokémon
- Fixed: Time Finder switches to DS Parameters tab instead of the 3rd Gen Shiny Egg tab when not all parameters are filled out
- Fixed: Encounter slots are no longer displayed for non-wild encounter types (i.e. Stationary\Roamer\Gift)
- Fixed: Changed font in donation box to prevent crashes when Arial MT Rounded Bold is not available
- Fixed: Seed to Time OK and Cancel buttons were broken in previous update
- Fixed: C-Gear seed searches no longer incorrect when minimum frame is set past 227
- Fixed: a small glitch where males and females could be incorrectly calculated for Pokemon of the 75% M\25% F and 25% M\75% F ratios
- Fixed: an issue where the Delay textboxes on the 4th Gen Shiny egg finder were greyed out
- Fixed: an issue where Gen 4 egg PID frames would always start at frame 1 even if a different initial frame was specified
- Fixed: a crash that would occur if the Time Finder progress window was closed from the taskbar
- Fixed: a seed calculation error that affected less than one percent of seeds
- Fixed: UNGL Wondercard (now called GLAN Wondercard) now correctly accessible from the Time Finder
- Fixed: Pandora’s Box now supports 4-digit Timer0 values
- Fixed: a crash that occurred when trying to output Colosseum\XD frames to a CSV file
- Fixed: an issue where Good Rod encounter slots were incorrectly calculated for Methods J\K
- Fixed: an issue where Custom 6 and 7 in Researcher would not reuse Custom 5 and 6 results
- Removed: Method 3 from main window and IVs to PID as it doesn’t exist in-game

Awesome they fixed a lot of things. I still fail to 4th gen RNG though -_-

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Awesome they fixed a lot of things. I still fail to 4th gen RNG though -_-

You're not alone. It doesn't help that I'm trying to teach myself.

~Selene~

I Collect Shaymin
I detest 4th gen RNG ..... I just can't do it D:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Just out of curiousity, how long did it take you guys to successfully RNG your first flawless Wild Pokemon?

How long does it take you now?

~Selene~

I Collect Shaymin
I cant do fully flawless hands don't work that well anymore xD I did reset over a flawless so I guess a week for my first bt now it'll just be luck

Keep at it, you'll get it eventually :3

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Just out of curiousity, how long did it take you guys to successfully RNG your first flawless Wild Pokemon?

How long does it take you now?

The first one didn't take me too long, I don't think. Mostly, I made stupid mistakes(I subtracted wrong for my needed advancements), and making sure to hit the time exactly right. Now, unless I have an uncooperative seed or a crapload of advancements to do, I hit seeds on the first or second try. It's just practice.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I still don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm using the videos posted by Jolteon135 as a guide, and the first Pokemon I catch doesn't have the required IV spread. Obviously I'm missing something big, any suggestions? Are there any pitfalls that newbies usually fall into? In other words, things a new person wouldn't be able to expect, while an experienced RNG'er wouldn't have a problem.

EDIT: Reread the OP, gonna try my other Timer0, if that doesn't solve it, I'll re-edit this.

Last edited:

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
I'm using a 3ds..I dont hv a DS lite

Standard seed RNG is possible on a 3DS now. I'm guessing it says it isn't in the first post of this thread?

I still don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm using the videos posted by Jolteon135 as a guide, and the first Pokemon I catch doesn't have the required IV spread. Obviously I'm missing something big, any suggestions? Are there any pitfalls that newbies usually fall into? In other words, things a new person wouldn't be able to expect, while an experienced RNG'er wouldn't have a problem.

EDIT: Reread the OP, gonna try my other Timer0, if that doesn't solve it, I'll re-edit this.

Sometimes, you have to start the game at a slightly different time. For example, when I see the second hand moving to the next second while the game is loading, I know I hit my seed. Make sure you're loading your game a second before you needed time too.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Sometimes, you have to start the game at a slightly different time. For example, when I see the second hand moving to the next second while the game is loading, I know I hit my seed. Make sure you're loading your game a second before you needed time too.

Yeah, I've been doing that too.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
is it possible to RNG an egg so that it will hatch shiny on another game once traded? I dont think so because RNG Reporter used the specific ID/SID combo as well as the DS MAC Address, DS parameters and the specific game cart, but i just thought i would ask to make sure. Would it even be possible if the other person provided all of their information for me to use in RNG Reporter? Still dont thinks so though but any help would be greatly appreciated :)