• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
You can use the shiny egg finder even if you're not going for a shiny. Just put in the wrong TID/SID combination. If you use Gift instead, make sure you're searching frame 8 seeds.

What should I fill in the window for Min/Max Frame?

Last edited:

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
If you mean on shiny egg finder, just put how low you're willing to go for a PID frame, and how high.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
So should I set it around 50, to account for the NPCs? Also, how do I find my SSF?

Yeah, 50/55 is good. To find your SSF, just hit your seed like you normally would, and then advance 0/1 times, then grab the egg. If you hit your seed, the result will show up on the main window.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Yeah, 50/55 is good. To find your SSF, just hit your seed like you normally would, and then advance 0/1 times, then grab the egg. If you hit your seed, the result will show up on the main window.

Is it a good idea to try and find my SSF without holding the Everstone? In the Smogon guide, it mentions that it causes problems trying to discern between frames.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Is it a good idea to try and find my SSF without holding the Everstone? In the Smogon guide, it mentions that it causes problems trying to discern between frames.

Saving may change how much the NPCs advance the frames. What may help is to find the characteristics by entering the seed on the main window, right clicking on a seed, and entering in the information.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Saving may change how much the NPCs advance the frames. What may help is to find the characteristics by entering the seed on the main window, right clicking on a seed, and entering in the information.

Hopefully this is what I was doing wrong and I hit my seed this time, I really want this damn thing already.

gunbomb90

NickR3ita
Standard seed RNG is possible on a 3DS now. I'm guessing it says it isn't in the first post of this thread?

Sometimes, you have to start the game at a slightly different time. For example, when I see the second hand moving to the next second while the game is loading, I know I hit my seed. Make sure you're loading your game a second before you needed time too.
If you read the 2nd post of this topic, it says that standard RNG is not available to 3ds or dsi

MSK

You shouldn't have to do anything special in Mistralton Cave. Just hit your time, advance your frames, and sweet scent. If you're not getting right results, you're most likely not hitting your seed.

Remember there are some wandering NPC's on certain floors of Mistralton Cave so you will need to account for them.

Whoops, saw that you figured out the NPC's lol, so have you hit seed now?

Last edited:

derena

Even though it's possible to do with a DSi, I'd advise against it, since the clock on the normal DS is just so bloody handy

Vandslaux

Just saying, there's no NPC's on the floor before Cobalion.

And what do you do if you get 2 results for your parameters? I remember reading that it can shift between two.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Just saying, there's no NPC's on the floor before Cobalion.

And what do you do if you get 2 results for your parameters? I remember reading that it can shift between two.

Try to figure out which one you get more. That's pretty much all you can do.

Vandslaux

So see which one I hit my seed with more?

Aegon

So see which one I hit my seed with more?
Yes, basically. Then take that Timer0 to be the one you'll use in the Parameters tab.

I am so proud of myself right now. Look what I just RNGed. In Gen IV!

A5SAI.gif

#123 Scyther
OT: Cian | ID: 37276 | Gender: M
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Technician | Type: Bug/Flying
Egg Moves: -- Hidden Power: Electric 70
IVs: 31/31/31/26/31/31

I'm not entirely sure of the SpA IV, and I can't be bothered to check it right now, but who cares? xD

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Good job! I plan on teaching myself Gen 4 RNGing when I get home. I'm horrible at teaching myself though, so let's see how well that goes.

Vandslaux

Guessing you RNGed on Gen IV for Bug Bite and Superpower?