• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I really want you to succeed at this, so then you can see how easy it is after a little practice. :p Since you know your parameters are right from previous RNGs, it must be your seed. Make sure you're not hitting a different timer0 by right-clicking your seed and generating adjacent times on the current frame. See if the egg hatched matches three IVs of any of the seeds listed.

Hmm... You probably have this right, but just to be sure; what are your min/max frames in the Time Finder window? Both should be set to 8, since you're breeding.

They are both 8. I'll try what you suggested.

EDIT: Not working again, I'm not getting the IVs that I should be getting.

Could someone else detail exactly how they go about hatching regular eggs with specific IV spreads, and I'll compare, make absolutely sure I'm doing it right.

Last edited:

Aegon

OK, first off, make sure your Time Finder window looks like this. Once you've found a seed, right-click, copy, and then paste it into the main window of RNG Reporter. That window should look like this. Make sure to tick whether you're using a Ditto or not, and if you're using international parents, choose Breeding (BW, International) as your method. Fill in the desired nature, ability and gender once you've found your SSF (usually three to five off the starting frame).

Vandslaux

Does hitting your seed only influence your IVs and nature? Does hitting your frame influence what pokemon you get? Because I realized I had 5 pokemon on my team, I deposited them, and when I came back, I found an Outstanding Audino with flawless HP, Atk, and Def. Does that have anything to do with it?

Also, does it mean I hit my seed if I can see the clock move to my target time as I'm going into the game on the DS Lite?

Last edited:

Aegon

Does hitting your seed only influence your IVs and nature? Does hitting your frame influence what pokemon you get? Because I realized I had 5 pokemon on my team, I deposited them, and when I came back, I found an Outstanding Audino with flawless HP, Atk, and Def. Does that have anything to do with it?
The IVRNG frame (generated by hitting your seed) deals with only IVs, the PIDRNG frame determines encounter slot (which Pokémon you'll get), nature, ability, gender and shininess.

EDIT:

WYLcJ.gif

#443 Gible
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: M
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Sand Veil | Type: Dragon/Ground
Hatch Location: Dragonspiral Tower | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Egg Moves: Outrage
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

I just RNGed this. I have a flawless Gible from a previous project, but I forgot to give it Outrage, so I decided to go back and revisit it. It didn't take long, anyway, since I had suitable parents at hand.

Last edited:

Vandslaux

I swear I'm hitting my seed, going in the game a second before, I'm going in at 14:46:04 (I'm also using the DS Lite clock), but I'm not getting the right IVs. I'm getting random IVs.

I also keep being tempted to go into the Audino grass (that or accidentally), so that might also be part of the problem.

I'm trying to RNG a flawless Ditto via IVRNG. My frame is 4, so I'm using a Super repel with 3 pokemon in my party and going left and right alongside the Giant Chasm grass.

Last edited:

Aegon

Are you Sweet Scenting? Do you know how to advance the PIDRNG frame to get the correct encounter slot? If you're not getting the correct IVs, then you mustn't be hitting your seed, so it could be a timer0-related problem.

Falk

I'm trying to find my white parameter and wondered if I need a pokemon at exact lvl 50 for the IVs? Or can the IV's be from a low leveled pokemon as long as there's no wandering NPC around?

Vandslaux

Do I need to Chatter AND walk around with 3 pokes?

And Sweet Scent isn't working at the Giant Chasm, I'm using an lv 30 Foongus.

So recalibrate?

Aegon

Do I need to Chatter AND walk around with 3 pokes?

And Sweet Scent isn't working at the Giant Chasm, I'm using an lv 30 Foongus.

So recalibrate?
You should use a seed with a frame of 1, otherwise you'll be advancing the PIDRNG frame by walking, needlessly complicating things. Find a seed with a frame of 1, then copy it into the main window of RNG and fill out the correct information. Calculate your starting frame, then find a PIDRNG frame with an encounter slot for Ditto (3 and 6, I think, but check to be certain). Subtract the target frame from your starting frame, and that's how many Chatot advancements you'll have to do. To remove the fog so you can Sweet Scent, change the in-game season by altering the month set on your DS, then enter a battle. The fog will then disappear, so you can save, hit your seed, do the required advances, and then Sweet Scent.

Zak Attack XIII

Ace Trainer
So I have a question.. If u 5 th gen shiny egg rng an egg and you hit your seed, get your egg from the daycare man, then you save before hatching , restart then use the action replay to clone the egg? Could u then take that egg and trade it to a different game and hatch it on that game with the same RNGed stats? I haven't got the chance to try it because I only have one ds so I can't trade the egg... I have how ever RNGed an egg save hatched it then, turned the game off then used the AR to clone that egg Before hatching and hatching the cloned egg... The stats where the same as far as I could tell... If you. Could trade the cloned eggs you could trade people shiny flawless eggs that would hatch with there OT: and nicknames.... That would be really cool..

Falk

It doesn't need to be but the IV range will be much higher. Victory Road works well though.

I caught the pokemon and headed to the battle testing lab which auto-levels up your pokemon to 50^^

I got my parameters now and I'm trying to hit my seed with a frame of 1(wild grass pokemon), but I won't seem to hit it and instead get the message that there were no pokemon responsing or something when I use sweet scent. I'm supposed to only bring one pokemon and sweet scent as soon as possible without moving at the frame of 1 right?

derena

I did it with 5 pokémon, but I don't think it matters much as long as you don't walk. If you're getting that message when sweet scenting it means you're either in an area where no wild pokémon are, or they're unable to attack you ( ie.: With repel still active )

Falk

I did it with 5 pokémon, but I don't think it matters much as long as you don't walk. If you're getting that message when sweet scenting it means you're either in an area where no wild pokémon are, or they're unable to attack you ( ie.: With repel still active )

I was trying to hit my frame in the dragonspiral entrance, buuut my repel was active though:S I'll try again and see if it works without the repel then:p Thanks!

Aegon

So I have a question.. If u 5 th gen shiny egg rng an egg and you hit your seed, get your egg from the daycare man, then you save before hatching , restart then use the action replay to clone the egg? Could u then take that egg and trade it to a different game and hatch it on that game with the same RNGed stats? I haven't got the chance to try it because I only have one ds so I can't trade the egg... I have how ever RNGed an egg save hatched it then, turned the game off then used the AR to clone that egg Before hatching and hatching the cloned egg... The stats where the same as far as I could tell... If you. Could trade the cloned eggs you could trade people shiny flawless eggs that would hatch with there OT: and nicknames.... That would be really cool..
The eggs will have the same IVs even when traded, however they will not remain shiny, as shininess is determined through your ID/SID combo. You could input the other player's ID and SID while RNGing an egg and cause it to appear shiny in their game, but not yours.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
OK, first off, make sure your Time Finder window looks like this. Once you've found a seed, right-click, copy, and then paste it into the main window of RNG Reporter. That window should look like this. Make sure to tick whether you're using a Ditto or not, and if you're using international parents, choose Breeding (BW, International) as your method. Fill in the desired nature, ability and gender once you've found your SSF (usually three to five off the starting frame).

Thanks, I'm trying this as I'm typing, I'm crossing my fingers.

EDIT: Didn't work. Do DS' parameters change if another game is played on the same DS? Example, I took my White out of DS Lite #1 and put in my Black. Played that for a while, and put White back in. Will White still have the same parameters?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Thanks, I'm trying this as I'm typing, I'm crossing my fingers.

EDIT: Didn't work. Do DS' parameters change if another game is played on the same DS? Example, I took my White out of DS Lite #1 and put in my Black. Played that for a while, and put White back in. Will White still have the same parameters?

No, they shouldn't change unless you're trying to RNG with them in another DS.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Yeah, I tried it, and they're the same. I'm gonna try the other Timer0 that popped up when I was trying to find my parameters, see if that helps.

I feel so dumb. I completely wasted three days :|, it turns out the Timer0 should have been C7F instead of C7E, which is weird because I RNG'd the rest of them on C7E. But hey, I don't care! I'm so relieved it finally hatched the right spread and everything!

Again, big thanks to Too Funk to Druck, SpeedSuicune, and TDawg, for all your help, again.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
138.gif

#138 Omanyte | NN: None | Gender:
OT: James | ID: 08501
Calm | Hatched: 12/22/2011 | Sky Arrow Bridge
Type: Water/Rock| Ability: Swift Swim
Constrict / Withdraw
31/10/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass 70

I'm noticing a weird pattern here, I don't seem to hit my frame until the wee hours in the morning ;D

The timing is perfect, tomorrow I have the day off from work, so I can enjoy winter break, and get this guy EV trained and leveled up for Battle Subway Doubles.