• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I think we're on the same boat lol. I rarely want a shiny. It actually the last think I care about on a pokemon.

Well then go for a Garchomp xD... not really.

I've decided to finish Black and properly RNG the Musketeer trio, Landorus, and maybe Tornadus, use it as trade fodder to get a flawless Thundurus. I'll also RNG that Victini, mostly for practice, I already have four of them from the GameStop download :3

Last edited:

MSK

Morning All.

Just RNG'd the 5th member for my VGC team

Foongus Shiny Relaxed 31/29/31/31/31/0. Will evolve to Amoonguss with Spore for a bit of Trick Room sleep inducing :)

I seem to be finding a pattern for my breeding, if I ever have a problem hitting a seed late at night I'll leave it and invariably I'll try it again as soon as I get up and hit it 1st time!! :)

derena

I don't get the spreads in gen IV, it sais to take one of the spreads from those files, but most of those are frames in the thousands =/ I'm not gonna flip that many pages :p

Aegon

68fXQ.gif

#116 Horsea
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: M
Nature: Mild | Ability: Swift Swim | Type: Water
Hatch Location: Undella Bay | Hidden Power: Dark 70
Egg Moves: Outrage
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

vTk7r.gif

#270 Lotad
OT: Cian | ID No.: 64231 | Gender: M
Nature: Modest | Ability: Swift Swim | Type: Water/Grass
Hatch Location: White Forest | Hidden Power: Dragon 68
Egg Moves: Giga Drain / Sweet Scent / Synthesis
IVs: 31/8/31/31/31/31

I RNGed these two in the past hour. I'll be using them in the Subway, because, right now, I'm so annoyed at the Super Double Line. I can't even get past twenty battles, and I'm using Terracotta. I really hate double battles. :/

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Is it possible to RNG White Forest Pokemon?

@Speed - Nice RNG's, Swift Swim Kingdra is a monster in the rain.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Yeah, I'm just checking. I'm about to RNG the Musketeer trio, wish me luck!

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Good luck, well if you're going for a shiny. Otherwise it should be cakewalk for you^^ But Virizion is the only good shiny out of those in my opinion.

Wow, you weren't kidding, first try, hit my seed, and caught it in the first Premier Ball. I'm gonna RNG Terrakion to be shiny, I like it.

Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png
638.gif

#638 Cobalion | NN: None | Gender: None
OT: Johnny | ID: 23963
Jolly | Caught: 12/05/2011 | Guidance Chamber
Type: Steel/Fighting | Ability: Justified
Sacred Sword / Iron Head / Retaliate / Helping Hand
31/31/31/4/31/31

Last edited:

TDawg

Wow, you weren't kidding, first try, hit my seed, and caught it in the first Premier Ball. I'm gonna RNG Terrakion to be shiny, I like it. Crap, I forgot this is my Black, not White, I have no idea what my SID is.

638.gif

#638 Cobalion | NN: None | Gender: None
Jolly | Caught: 12/05/2011 | Guidance Chamber
Type: Steel/Fighting | Ability: Justified
31/31/31/4/31/31

Just send a pokemon (any that you caught) to pokecheck.org and it will tell you your ID/SID

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Changed my mind, decided against Shiny Terrakion, I feel weird having one out of the three shiny. But I digress:

639.gif

#639 Terrakion | NN: None | Gender: None
Jolly | Caught: 12/06/2011 | Trial Chamber
Type: Rock/Fighting | Ability: Justified
31/31/31/4/31/31

640.gif

#640 Virizion | NN: None | Gender: None
Timid | Caught: 12/10/2011 | Rumination Field
Type: Grass/Fighting | Ability: Justified
31/2/30/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Ice 70

I really wish you could buy Premier Ball's in bulk lol. With these three, that brings the official tally to 8:

Wild RNG: 3
Egg RNG: 2
Stationary RNG: 3

Not bad for about a week's worth, though screwing up Omanyte ate up a large chunk of that, but hey, you live and you learn, right?​

Last edited:

Scorch5688

Virizion Collector
It's been a while since I last RNG'd, didn't know there was a new version up already. Anyway, I have a seed saved on 9.92 for something flawless and shiny. I haven't RNG'd it yet, don't have the time to do so as of late. Upgrading to 9.93, am I going to lose this seed or will I be able to find it again? I've had experiences of finding shiny seeds and recording them, but they disappear once I upgrade.

TDawg

It's been a while since I last RNG'd, didn't know there was a new version up already. Anyway, I have a seed saved on 9.92 for something flawless and shiny. I haven't RNG'd it yet, don't have the time to do so as of late. Upgrading to 9.93, am I going to lose this seed or will I be able to find it again? I've had experiences of finding shiny seeds and recording them, but they disappear once I upgrade.

You'll be able to find it again. Might want to copy the seed by csv or whatever which will convert to an excel file.

derena

Just rng'ed that movie14 victini, was a lot easier then I expected. Went for a flawless jolly one :)

I wish I could start over in black without losing all my pokémon... So I could RNG the legendaries aswell.

Falk

I jumped over to egg RNG instead of wild pkm, but there's a few "holes" that I've figured out yet. Here's what I do+where the "knowledge holes" are:
1: I found my parametres(checked them more than once to be sure that I really found the correct numbers)
Results:
1: Standard Seed method,DS lite,white version
Parametre:
AS: 51(50) VCo: 60 Timer0:C7F GX: 6 Cfra: 6
51(50) meaning I got an delay of 1.

2: Uses the parametres+opens "4th/5th gen shiny egg" and inputs ID+SID+check Shiny Only. Year 2011,month 12, min/max frame 8-20, Min/max delay 600-610. I don't care about the IV's for now, I just want to succeed in breeding a shiny egg first:p

3: Press "Generate", picks the seed with the lowest frame(8).----Here's where the "knowledge hole" arrives--- Now what?
My assumptions:
Check the time and start the game one sec before(cause I got a delay of 1), but first copy the seed and input it on the "Capture: Seed(Hex)", select breeding(BW) input ID,SID,check shiny only.
The same frame/nature etc pops up on the screen when I press generate, but now what? I tried to press "calculate Initial PIDRNG FRAME" and he starting frame went from 1 to 47. Am I supposed to hear the custom chatot screech 47 times in front of the egg man?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I jumped over to egg RNG instead of wild pkm, but there's a few "holes" that I've figured out yet. Here's what I do+where the "knowledge holes" are:
1: I found my parametres(checked them more than once to be sure that I really found the correct numbers)
Results:
Parametre:

2: Uses the parametres+opens "4th/5th gen shiny egg" and inputs ID+SID+check Shiny Only. Year 2011,month 12, min/max frame 8-20, Min/max delay 600-610. I don't care about the IV's for now, I just want to succeed in breeding a shiny egg first:p

3: Press "Generate", picks the seed with the lowest frame(8).----Here's where the "knowledge hole" arrives--- Now what?
My assumptions:
Check the time and start the game one sec before(cause I got a delay of 1), but first copy the seed and input it on the "Capture: Seed(Hex)", select breeding(BW) input ID,SID,check shiny only.
The same frame/nature etc pops up on the screen when I press generate, but now what? I tried to press "calculate Initial PIDRNG FRAME" and he starting frame went from 1 to 47. Am I supposed to hear the custom chatot screech 47 times in front of the egg man?

From what I understand about RNG'ing an egg, the calculated initial PIDRNG Frame is higher than the one that is given, due to the ton of NPCs on Route 3. You don't start flipping from Frame 1, you start flipping from your SSF (shifting start frame), which you learn by hitting your seed, hatching the egg, and seeing what frame the egg matches up to. Say you hatch an egg that matches frame 60, from there you do your number of flips to find the frame you want. So if the target frame is 100, you would do roughly 40 flips, not 100 flips.

Makes sense?

Aegon

Results:
Parametre:

My assumptions:
First of all, you shouldn't have to input delay values. You need to select Black/White from the Breeding Type drop-down box, or BW (International) if you're using foreign parents. As for the Chatot flips, you need to find your target PIDRNG frame, which you'll get from the Shiny Egg window if you do it correctly. Your subtract your starting frame from the target frame, and that's how many times you need to hear Chatot's custom cry. However, due to wandering NPCs on Route 3, you'll have to do three-five less advances.

Falk

See if I got this right:
I have to start the game on the given time(-one sec due to the delay) and see which frame the egg matches(taken from the egg man straight after the game loads). But which of the frame lists shall I compare it to? The list at "4th/5th gen shiny egg" or the other?

Bleh I must sound like such a newbieXD

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
See if I got this right:
I have to start the game on the given time(-one sec due to the delay) and see which frame the egg matches(taken from the egg man straight after the game loads). But which of the frame lists shall I compare it to? The list at "4th/5th gen shiny egg" or the other?

Bleh I must sound like such a newbieXD

You should be looking at the main window.

TDawg

I feel like I never show this thread love with my own pokes anymore, lol. This was a breeding project for someone in my trade thread.

449.gif
450.gif

#449 Hippopotas |
ground.gif
| ♂ |
pokeball.png

Nature: Brave | Ability: Sand Stream | Characteristic: Likes to thrash about.
Date: 12/13/2011 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 1
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0 | Hidden Power: N/A
Move(s): Tackle | Sand-Attack | Slack Off