• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Vandslaux

Trying to RNG Arceus, but he's in the third clearing from where you enter. Is this a problem?

And do I need to calibrate my C-Gear timer? If so, how? Or would I just select a seed with a higher delay and one on frame 22 with one poke in my party?

Last edited:

Vandslaux

I keep getting somewhere around :28, which is at the top and highlighted. My target is :37. ?

ddark624

ok here is my problem....
i have my seed time and date ect
im told i need 2 get to frame 7, so i have 2 pokemon in my party and by walking 128 steps 3 times i should hit my frame and seed right? how comes after 3 hours of trying i still cant hit it? heellllpp

Vaizor

The One and Only
I'm having trouble syncing my DSi with my computer clock. My DSi time always seems off by one or two seconds. Is there a way I can fix this? Perhaps set it a second or two before the next minute on the computer clock?

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
ok here is my problem....
i have my seed time and date ect
im told i need 2 get to frame 7, so i have 2 pokemon in my party and by walking 128 steps 3 times i should hit my frame and seed right? how comes after 3 hours of trying i still cant hit it? heellllpp

Are you consistently getting the same Pokemon?
If yes, are you starting your game 1 second early?
If still yes, I'd say just try to find a seed on frame 1.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Whew, it's been a while...

493.png
Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png

OT: Canibal | ID: 64858 | (5G) | UT
Nature: Modest | Ability: Multitype | Capture Location: Entree Forest
IVs: 31/1/31/31/31/31
EVs: None
Moves: Recover, Hyper Beam, Perish Song, Judgement
Notes:
My first Extralink abuse!

My first Extralink abuse! I was aiming for Timid but settled for Modest. I'm happy enough with it, though! =D​

Gasp! Why most everyone show off! Lol good job cannibal, I like the premier ball.
Cuz I was super-excited about it and had to show off to someone. xDD
Thanks! I figured Premier ball was pretty classic and matched Arceus no matter what. =P

Last edited:

TDawg

Whew, it's been a while...

493.png
Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png

OT: Canibal | ID: 64858 | (5G) | UT
Nature: Modest | Ability: Multitype | Capture Location: Entree Forest
IVs: 31/1/31/31/31/31
EVs: None
Moves: Recover, Hyper Beam, Perish Song, Judgement
Notes:
My first Extralink abuse!

My first Extralink abuse! I was aiming for Timid but settled for Modest. I'm happy enough with it, though! =D​

Gasp! Why most everyone show off! Lol good job cannibal, I like the premier ball.

ddark624

Are you consistently getting the same Pokemon?
If yes, are you starting your game 1 second early?
If still yes, I'd say just try to find a seed on frame 1.
Thanks for the info
im still not hitting seeds on frame 1! and all i do on a frame 1 is sweet sence and catch isnt it? man this sucks

Ewald12397

Pokefriend
hey guys im trying to find my DS parameters for RNGing...I put everything in but when i click search a popup comes up telling me an unhandled exception has occured, and that there was a problem with the input string. Is this an Rng reporter problem or A PC problem? Please help!!!

I've never heard of it before, but you could try posting in the smogon version of this thread, or ask Omega_Donut on smogon why it may be happening.

TDawg

I'm literally just going for the iv's atm.... ive found the frame 1 seed and no matter how much i try and hit it... its just not happening

Then your timer0 is probably trolling you. Is your parameter correct?

Anyways I am thinking about RNGing in 3rd Gen, but don't know where to start. My ID/SID combo I suppose. What's a good seed to have on Sapphire? Like that I can RNG the majority of things with.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Back to RNGing, this is my target right now, as a request for someone else;

568.gif

Calm nature
~ Stench
31 / 30 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30
HP [Fire] 70

I keep hitting my seed, and getting the proper IV spread, but then they never match up the IV frames -___-

Then your timer0 is probably trolling you. Is your parameter correct?

Anyways I am thinking about RNGing in 3rd Gen, but don't know where to start. My ID/SID combo I suppose. What's a good seed to have on Sapphire? Like that I can RNG the majority of things with.

I haven't looked too closely at R/S frames, but there is a 31/30/31/x/30/0 brave frame (or something similar, it's M1), so you can use it for Groudon, Registeel, Regirock, Stevens Beldum, and stationary Kecleon, and I don't think it's too far in.
Back to RNGing, this is my target right now, as a request for someone else;

568.gif

Calm nature
~ Stench
31 / 30 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30
HP [Fire] 70

I keep hitting my seed, and getting the proper IV spread, but then they never match up the IV frames -___-

Good job! I've had that happen to me before once I think, but it had the ivs and nature, so I just took it.

ddark624

any fast ways to advance your iv frames from 1-383? can i only advance the iv frame for wild pokemon by walking 128 steps with 1-6 pokemon in my party? or is there a faster way? coz hitting frame 383 by walking 128 steps x6 is gunna take a stupid amount of time!

Calamity Lynn

Lady Breeds-a-Lot
Well, I just thought to pop in here to celebrate my first ever RNG! Couldn't have done it without this thread and its links.

I been meaning to learn for ages, but been busy with shiny hunts (I currently have no way to get my SID so I cannot RNG them). Spent most of this morning learning how, as I had filled up my PC on Black to eventually get a flawless Reshiram... Well, it's not totally flawless but here she is!

Blue-Eyes | Reshiram [Modest]
Often dozes off. | HP Dragon 70
Caught in Premier Ball.
31 | 14 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31

Caught her first in a master ball as I had a lot of trouble getting my parameters right, then reset and redid the RNG to catch her in a ball that matched better. One mess-up later and yay~!

I know stationary pokemon are the easiest, but I am still proud of my first RNG!

Aegon

any fast ways to advance your iv frames from 1-383? can i only advance the iv frame for wild pokemon by walking 128 steps with 1-6 pokemon in my party? or is there a faster way? coz hitting frame 383 by walking 128 steps x6 is gunna take a stupid amount of time!
Find a better seed. With the Gen V RNG, you shouldn't have much difficulty finding something on frame 1.

Congrats, Calamity Lynn. I hope you have fun with any future RNGs.