• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

MSK

Aargh!!! This Tornadus is doing my head in!! My timer keeps trolling pretty much every other time, then when I do hit it to try and work out my SSF I'm not having much luck with actually working out where I am. Too many possibilities, the PIDRNG frame I'm aiming for is 2067 which is probably gonna be too high if I keep missing it. . . why oh why can't I find a shiny Jolly frame at about 600!!! lol

dewey911p

primus inter pares
600 would probably be to low, especially if your not in a summer month. Just RNG Tornadus several times with out doing any PID advancements. You will probably get through the cut scene at different speeds each time so you will get different natures and characteristics. Since your doing 0 advancements all of your results should be a within a few frames of each other. Search for an area that has your frames relatively close to each other and then find out which frame you hit most often. Take that as your SSF and with any luck you should be able to get you Tornadus

MSK

600 would probably be to low, especially if your not in a summer month. Just RNG Tornadus several times with out doing any PID advancements. You will probably get through the cut scene at different speeds each time so you will get different natures and characteristics. Since your doing 0 advancements all of your results should be a within a few frames of each other. Search for an area that has your frames relatively close to each other and then find out which frame you hit most often. Take that as your SSF and with any luck you should be able to get you Tornadus

Well I kept hitting the same frame every time when doing no advances, so I did 1, then 2, then 3. My result were Bashful, Impish, Timid, Calm. using Reporter I've looked at possible frames it could relate to.
I'm in summer and the only 2 options seems to be these
Bashful 447, Impish 441, Timid 440, Calm 448 but I think this may be too early a frame.
Bashful 853, Impish 857, Timid 861, Calm 866 - I'd like to think this is the best possibility would you guys agree?

Vandslaux

I just realized I still haven't RNG'd a flawless Ditto on 4th gen for this save, when there's a place that there's no NPCs that has Ditto. Don't really care about the nature, as Everstone doesn't work for 4th gen RNGing anyway.

After Ditto, then roamers.

Edit: I've actually decided to do the roamers first. I need to choose a seed in which Silver Drama or Pokemon Search Party is playing on the radio, correct?

Last edited:

MSK

Yeah, that seems most likely. Did the characteristics also match?

Not sure how to check the characteristics on reporter? I am running 9.81 so not sure it's on there (yes it's an old version I know!! but as it works perfectly for me when I'm breeding I haven't bothered to upgrade lol)

Aegon

Not sure how to check the characteristics on reporter? I am running 9.81 so not sure it's on there (yes it's an old version I know!! but as it works perfectly for me when I'm breeding I haven't bothered to upgrade lol)
You should upgrade. :p There are faster searches in 9.95, and any bugs from previous 9.9s have been fixed.

Anyway, I don't know if this feature is present in 9.81, but right click on any of the PIDRNG frames in the main window, then click Display Characteristics in Search, and enter the IVs.

Vandslaux

I have so many questions about the radio. Does it advance when the commercials change back to the program? And my target frame is 237, I tapped the lower-right station 235 times, and I got a Hardy, HP Dragon Raikou. Should I just use Chatots?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
I just realized I still haven't RNG'd a flawless Ditto on 4th gen for this save, when there's a place that there's no NPCs that has Ditto. Don't really care about the nature, as Everstone doesn't work for 4th gen RNGing anyway.

After Ditto, then roamers.

Edit: I've actually decided to do the roamers first. I need to choose a seed in which Silver Drama or Pokemon Search Party is playing on the radio, correct?

Post 2 has the advancements for each radio channel, but personally i found Chatot to be a much better option then the radio (my seed didnt produce the right for the channels anyway and i was to lazy to change after i already hit it)

EDIT: Commercials will screw up the count as they dont advance the frame any. So yeah, chatot is the best option still, and the easiest IMO (Chatot went from useless to best pokemon ever once i learned to RNG lol XD)

Zevn

Lost in Translation
i found Chatot to be a much better option then the radio

:cool:

I think I'm going to do a couple of breeds that don't require the battle factory today.

Vandslaux

Yeah, probably a better idea. I can beat the E4 with 4 pokes anyway. More like 2. I also like the fact that you can keep track of if your current frame is odd/even by keeping track of what Chatot you've just flipped to.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
I'm so glad that Chatot has been discovered to advance frames in Gen 4, although for some reason I still prefer journal flips in DPPt. Chatot is like a Lethal Joke Character. Seemingly useless, but completely changed the name of the game.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
So im assuming you can shiny abuse too? also is there a article or guide over DW RNG'ing? thx brah

You can't shiny abuse DW Pokemon because there's a shiny block on them. However, if you get a female, you'll be able to breed it, and get a shiny egg.

I don't know anything about guides because my computer doesn't like DW, so I don't DW RNG.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
So im assuming you can shiny abuse too? also is there a article or guide over DW RNG'ing? thx brah

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...41&postcount=2 - Entralink abuse

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=7626 - Entralink PID abuse

Havent read the PID guide yet but TDwag was using it the other day so i assume its good. Also RNGers at smogon were using it so as long as you can understand it it should tell you what to do :)

P.S. To Funk to Druck is a girl, although seeing her sig i guess she gave up trying to tell people that :p

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...41&postcount=2 - Entralink abuse

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=7626 - Entralink PID abuse

Havent read the PID guide yet but TDwag was using it the other day so i assume its good. Also RNGers at smogon were using it so as long as you can understand it it should tell you what to do :)

P.S. To Funk to Druck is a girl, although seeing her sig i guess she gave up trying to tell people that :p

Cooooo, thx Broseph.