• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Magester

Dark Trainer
Thanks. Now if only I completely understood the breeding part. But off to attempt my flawless team. Whoo!

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Hi guuuuuuyyyyyssssssssssss I'm back. I don't know if you all remember me it's been so long XD Anyways, I have a question.
I know how to RNG wild pokemon. Easy peasy monsqueezy. I was just wondering; how is RNGing shiny eggs different than RNGing wild pokemon? I know there is a difference, and I need to know as I'm going to set off on a shiny snivy egg RNG escapade.

Thanks! :)
~BB

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Hi guuuuuuyyyyyssssssssssss I'm back. I don't know if you all remember me it's been so long XD Anyways, I have a question.
I know how to RNG wild pokemon. Easy peasy monsqueezy. I was just wondering; how is RNGing shiny eggs different than RNGing wild pokemon? I know there is a difference, and I need to know as I'm going to set off on a shiny snivy egg RNG escapade.

Thanks! :)
~BB

if you can advance the PIDRNG for wild pokemon you can RNG eggs. There are no IVRNG advancements so once you hit your seed all you have to do is mash X to pull up the menu and then do the proper number of Chatot flips, If you miss your PID frame, adjust and try again. Thats it, its really the same as wild RNGing except no IV advancements and its easier to find shiny seeds. :)

Magester

Dark Trainer
I have a question involving Pandora's Box. I've read that by starting a new game you can use Pandora's Box to get your SID, but I don't understand how to use it to do so. The only guide I was able to find was not helpful to me in setting that up, so is there anyone here who can explain how to work it?

TDawg

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
if you can advance the PIDRNG for wild pokemon you can RNG eggs. There are no IVRNG advancements so once you hit your seed all you have to do is mash X to pull up the menu and then do the proper number of Chatot flips, If you miss your PID frame, adjust and try again. Thats it, its really the same as wild RNGing except no IV advancements and its easier to find shiny seeds. :)

Thanks! :D yaaaaay I don't have to do all that fancy footwork with certain amounts of Pokemon in my party XD that gets tiring and expensive with all the repels and such.

Magester

Dark Trainer
I've been following all the steps, but I think my Timer0 for this game is off. Can't get the ID/SID I'm aiming for. I'll hit the frame, then say no to the name the number of times I need, but I'm always wrong, even when I change the number of nos or try different ID/SID combos. It's too far now to try to correct my Timer0 too, I think.

EDIT: I'm finding that it's hit or miss when trying to "Find Seed Hit." When I hit the Standard Frame and use the ID to try and get the Seed Hit, half the time it won't work and half the time it'll come up with it. And when it does, and I use my new Initial Frame to try and get the Frame needed for my ID/SID it won't hit that ID/SID. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:

Magester

Dark Trainer
I'm trying to RNG this new Darkrai event, however I'm not entirely sure how to work it for a Wondercard RNG.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
I'm trying to RNG this new Darkrai event, however I'm not entirely sure how to work it for a Wondercard RNG.

wondercard RNGing is straight PIDRNG advancements. Grab your two chatots, go to the PC at the E4 (or any PC with no NPCs) save, hit your seed, and do the proper number pf Chatot flips. Wondercard RNGing is, in my humble opinion, the easiest form of Gen 5 RNGing there is

TDawg

Wondercard is the easiest form of Gen 5 RNGing there is

Fixed the post for you :p. There is no reason someone should be able to do any other form of RNG and not do Wondercard RNG as long as they have the knowledge of how it works. But yeah Magester you should be fine RNGing the Darkrai. If you need help getting it started though I am sure we can help you.

Magester

Dark Trainer
=P Just can't find the IVs I want with the Nature I want. Right now it's just a lot of searching to get my flawless.

Edit: What should my min and max advances be set at? Is it 8 for both?

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
=P Just can't find the IVs I want with the Nature I want. Right now it's just a lot of searching to get my flawless.

Edit: What should my min and max advances be set at? Is it 8 for both?

Since its just PID advancements min/max should be however many chatot flips you feel like doing. i do 2/150, but others set the min to a lower number and add in additional keypresses (i only do 1 keypress). It really all depends on you, someone on pokecheck mentioned that they did 500+ advancements for their Darkrai. That is not really necessary, but if you dont mind 5 minutes of flipping, go for it,

Magester

Dark Trainer
Good to know. I was under the impression that the Wondercard section acted like IV Standard Seeds.

Vandslaux

About how much less time should I wait for how many times my Entralink target moves?

SakuraLatias

Objection!
I just RNG'd shiny Croagunk from breeding. However, I'm having a problem with its IV's. My target is 8. I'm kept getting wrong calls from Elm. I also know my calibrated delay. Can anyone help?

SakuraLatias

Objection!
Are you using Eontimer? If you aren't start. Other then that if you are make sure you're updating the timer.

Yes, I am. I figured out that my calibration is between 490-500. Should I try different numbers and go for it, or do calibration phase first?

Magester

Dark Trainer
I'm having trouble hitting my PIDRNG frames. I know I'm hitting my Stardard Seed because I can map out the first catch and a few PIDRNG frames past it, but after a certain number of PIDRNG advances the nature/gender/encounter slots are completely wrong and off. It tends to happen after 9 PIDRNG frames that it'll stop following my list. Does anyone know what's up with that?