• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

do-re-mi

Is Wondercard RNGing really that easy compared to other ones? Because I just won't get it right to save my life, I'm at it for months now.

Are there common beginner-mistakes? I don't find what I'm doing wrong but it must be something.

TDawg

Is Wondercard RNGing really that easy compared to other ones? Because I just won't get it right to save my life, I'm at it for months now.

Are there common beginner-mistakes? I don't find what I'm doing wrong but it must be something.
Yes. It's the easiest RNG out of all of them.

You might want to state what you're doing. Beginner mistakes may be not setting parameters, not getting your common timer0, not setting custom chatters on your Chatot(s), saving in a Pokemon Center with NPCs, not accounting for your starting frame, and I guess confusing the PID frame with the IV frame.

Covcraig

Hey some guy is offering my a RNG Shiny Snivy

Its stats are lv.1 Modest nature and IVs are 25/23/24/31/6/29

Is this worth taking, as im not too sure about the whole EV/IV business but the SP.DEF looks really low combaring to the rest of the stats, do these stats about right and worth taking and training or is it a dodgy one? please help

Vandslaux

Hey some guy is offering my a RNG Shiny Snivy

Its stats are lv.1 Modest nature and IVs are 25/23/24/31/6/29

Is this worth taking, as im not too sure about the whole EV/IV business but the SP.DEF looks really low combaring to the rest of the stats, do these stats about right and worth taking and training or is it a dodgy one? please help

This is not the thread for that.

As for my question, do NPCs move while you're in the menu screen, unlike BW? Attempting my first SS wild pokemon RNG in an area with NPCs. My idea was to advance to my target frame, taking NPCs that move before I press Pokegear, then Sweet Scenting without leaving the menu?

The problem is, though, IDK if there's any Cute Charmer that learns Sweet Scent. Apparently, BCC frames can be very off without Cute Charm.

Will I just have to pray the frame is correct and use a Sweet Scenter?

Last edited:

Aegon

As for my question, do NPCs move while you're in the menu screen, unlike BW? Attempting my first SS wild pokemon RNG in an area with NPCs. My idea was to advance to my target frame, taking NPCs that move before I press Pokegear, then Sweet Scenting without leaving the menu?
No, they don't move while you're on the menu. This makes it very easy to RNG in HGSS, as you can track your frames using the Pokégear and then Sweet Scent without having to worry about WNPCs.

The problem is, though, IDK if there's any Cute Charmer that learns Sweet Scent. Apparently, BCC frames can be very off without Cute Charm.
Nope, there isn't.

Vandslaux

Also, do NPCs move while using Headbutt? Just thought of something else to abuse my shiny ID spread with.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Alright, so I'm RNGing a shiny snivy egg. I've done successful RNGs in the past (pokemon in the wild) but I've never done eggs. Also I haven't really done any RNGing in the past four monthes so I'm somewhat rusty :p. I found the parents that I want for it and calculated a couple seeds (on PPRNG). Which would be easier to do?

~Keypress: left. PID Start Frame: 53. PID Frame: 100. IV Frame:8.
~Keypress: up. PID Start Frame: 42. PID Frame: 216. IV Frame:8.

Thanks!
~BB

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
53/100, definitely.

Thanks :) So before hitting the seed 'n everything I need to put the parents into the daycare and get an egg, then I save in front of the daycare man, hit my seed at the correct time, keypress, open menu supah fast and ninjalike, chatot flip for eons, then get the egg. Right? I feel like I'm skipping a step here...

Vandslaux

Thanks :) So before hitting the seed 'n everything I need to put the parents into the daycare and get an egg, then I save in front of the daycare man, hit my seed at the correct time, keypress, open menu supah fast and ninjalike, chatot flip for eons, then get the egg. Right? I feel like I'm skipping a step here...

You're missing finding your SSF. Though you probably knew that.

And why have I been not able to match up any delays all day?

Last edited:

Vandslaux

To anybody who has done BCC RNG, what are the known encounter slots? Going for a Caterpie, Metapod, or Butterfree.

bigthurm45

i am going for a jolly shiny cobalion and i know that i am hitting my frame because it is jolly everytime but never shiny. i have my sid in but it may be wrong or something i'm not sure. i ar'ed my sid. is there a better way to get it or is there something wrong that i am doing.

Myrrh

Check the IVs to be sure that you really are hitting your seed. If you are using a Synchronizer then that might be making you believe you are hitting your seed.

Vandslaux

How, exactly, does Honey Tree abuse work? First, do I need to slather trees until I find one with my target pokemon, and save, then RNG as normal?

Tsuchi

fun,honorable
hello im a fellow battler who just heard about RNG and wanted to have a better understanding about this if someone is willing to explain that would be greatly appreciated:)

Zak Attack XIII

Ace Trainer
Can someone please link me to a page were I can learn how to RNG my wi-fi gift pokes!?
I already know how to breed RNG if it's easier you can just PM me the link or it's differances from breed RNG.

Last edited:

Vandslaux

Can someone please link me to a page were I can learn how to RNG my wi-fi gift pokes!?
I already know how to breed RNG if it's easier you can just PM me the link or it's differances from breed RNG.

It's the same as breeding, but without NPCs or the need to find your SSF.