• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Aegon

Seeing as how the encounter slot chart that was hosted online for white is down, does anyone know where I can get a word/excell file or another site that hosts it? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
If you're just looking for BW encounter slots, you're in luck. A Smogon user has uploaded those two sets of encounter slots. Just click the attached file.

Can I talk about Sr'ing here? Or where can I do that?
SRing for shinies? That would go in the Shiny Discussion. If you want to talk about a Pokémon you've SRed for, then Discuss My Pokémon is where you should go.

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
I was wondering, how hard is it to RNG in gen 4 (HG) compared to RNG in gen 5? Since i was thinking about trying to RNG some pokemons not present in Pokemon white (such as gastly, gible etc.)

Aegon

I was wondering, how hard is it to RNG in gen 4 (HG) compared to RNG in gen 5? Since i was thinking about trying to RNG some pokemons not present in Pokemon white (such as gastly, gible etc.)
It is quite difficult when you start to learn, but after several attempts, it becomes extremely easy. Essentially, you need to be as accurate as 1/30 second, rather than hitting A anytime during the second. It isn't as hard as it may sound, really.

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
Not as hard as it sounds? I hope so at least.

Vandslaux

What's a typical SSF for Tornadus? Thinking of RNGing my IDs in Black w/o having to do 200+ Chatters every time.

I think I was missed. And change that to Thundurus, and it is a Summer month in which my seed is in. According to this, my SSF would be about somewhere around 600. Would this be correct? My initial PID frame is 51, and I would think the +1 PID frame thing is fixed by now. And which version of RNG Reporter should I use? Is 95/96 still glitched with characteristics?

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
Okay, i am having a big problem here.
No matter how many times i try, the seed i find always turns out to be wrong.
I tried several Timer0's as well as actual seconds and several different seeds (including keypresses, time, etc.).
Am i doing something wrong or should i continue trying until i found one that works? I thought all seeds that where generated would work as long as the calibration is correct.
Anyway, this is what i have done until now:

I started my game at the time xx:xx:30, and i caught the stationary terrakion.
I looked up it's IVs and wrote them in the RNG reporter.
I wrote in my MAC adress and game version and clicked search.
Two different Timer0's came up every time. Both C7E and C7F, so i used both of them in the time finder.

I later checked my MAC adress and game version in the time finder and set keypresses to 3.
I set method to method 5 (standard seed) and encounter type to stationary pokemon.
I set min and max frame to 1 and set the month.
I later set the IVs and clicked generate.
Several seeds came up and i tried many of them, but none of them worked.
I tried with both timer0's but none of them worked, so what am i doing wrong?

Bokk

Hey everyone, I've RNGed on a DS lite before. What's the difference between rnging on a DS lite and 3DS?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Okay, i am having a big problem here.
No matter how many times i try, the seed i find always turns out to be wrong.
I tried several Timer0's as well as actual seconds and several different seeds (including keypresses, time, etc.).
Am i doing something wrong or should i continue trying until i found one that works? I thought all seeds that where generated would work as long as the calibration is correct.
Anyway, this is what i have done until now:

I started my game at the time xx:xx:30, and i caught the stationary terrakion.
I looked up it's IVs and wrote them in the RNG reporter.
I wrote in my MAC adress and game version and clicked search.
Two different Timer0's came up every time. Both C7E and C7F, so i used both of them in the time finder.

I later checked my MAC adress and game version in the time finder and set keypresses to 3.
I set method to method 5 (standard seed) and encounter type to stationary pokemon.
I set min and max frame to 1 and set the month.
I later set the IVs and clicked generate.
Several seeds came up and i tried many of them, but none of them worked.
I tried with both timer0's but none of them worked, so what am i doing wrong?

Honestly, it seems like you've done nothing wrong. I'd recommend trying to narrow down which timer0 you get more, and just using that one, but I have no idea why no seeds at all are working. I think I had this problem once though. I just found a random shiny seed, and tried to hit it, which made it easy to see which one I hit.

Hey everyone, I've RNGed on a DS lite before. What's the difference between rnging on a DS lite and 3DS?

You need to start the 3DS 8 seconds before the time you need to hit instead of 1 second, and there's no analogue clock, so you must have some way to keep track of seconds.

Now I have a question. For anyone familiar with both RNG Reporter and PPRNG, what's the main difference between the two of them? I just got a MacBook as a graduation present, so I wanted to know what may be different.

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
Okay, just ignore my last post. I finally got an (almost) flawless terrakion! My first RNG success :D
Now, i wonder one thing: Do i have to calibrate every time i try to RNG something? The guide i use says that i only need to do it once.
The only things i saw that the calibration did was to add VCount, VFrame, GxStat, Timer0 min, Timer0 max, MAC adress, game version and DS type to the time finder.
Do i have to add that manually next time i RNG?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Okay, just ignore my last post. I finally got an (almost) flawless terrakion! My first RNG success :D
Now, i wonder one thing: Do i have to calibrate every time i try to RNG something? The guide i use says that i only need to do it once.
The only things i saw that the calibration did was to add VCount, VFrame, GxStat, Timer0 min, Timer0 max, MAC adress, game version and DS type to the time finder.
Do i have to add that manually next time i RNG?

You only have to do it once, assuming it's right the first time. After that, it should automatically be in there(Timer0 min and max can be changed, but I'd recommend keeping it to the one you hit the most).

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
You only have to do it once, assuming it's right the first time. After that, it should automatically be in there(Timer0 min and max can be changed, but I'd recommend keeping it to the one you hit the most).

Thanks for the help :D

Also, i think that the problem last time when it didn't work was because of the keypresses, since this time, the seed didn't need any keypresses.
Last time, i maybe held the keys for either too long or a little late.
Anyway, good thing i know what i did wrong though.

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
Now I have a question. For anyone familiar with both RNG Reporter and PPRNG, what's the main difference between the two of them? I just got a MacBook as a graduation present, so I wanted to know what may be different.

PPRNG is much easier to use, it is cleaner and nicer looking too ;) They perform basically the same underlying functions but I just think PPRNG is much more intuitive especially for newbies. Theres no switching between windows or copying over numbers etc., you just plug in what you want and click search :)

Got my fingers crossed hoping that B/W2s RNG stays the same.

Bond697's confirmed it to be the same as BW (link here), minus the parameters of course. Encounter slots are listed but the places aren't named yet in the list.

There's quite a bit to look forward to. I'm looking forward to getting another go at the Regis (shame Seismic Toss isn't a tutor), this time with flawless or near-flawless IVs without having to RNG an ID combo. If Heatran's in I can get that Calm flawless I've been after. HP Fighting Cresselia, Bold Uxie, the list goes on. Also hoping that Tornadus/Thundurus will be available so I can RNG those as well. It's a little disappointing that 4th gen just got made obsolete with the move tutors, though.

EDIT: Apparently starting PID frame calculation changed and C-Gear now advances IV Frame by 2 when turned on (still advances PID frame at same rate, also C-Gear seeds are no more, they're saying Entralink abuse is a lot easier). IV Frame starts at 3 now, not 1. Chatot still advances the frame the same, as do WNPCs. This is all from Smogon's thread, putting it here so people don't have to look for it.

Last edited:

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
I am having yet another problem with RNGing.
This time, i am trying to RNG a wild pokemon. I decided to RNG a non shiny fraxure, since GTS isn't working for me right now and i can't check my SID.
Anyway, this is what i did:

http://i48.*******.com/1ioe1v.png

I hit the seed in the game and used sweet scent, but the pokemon that appeared was Rufflet and not fraxure.
I hit the seed again, but this time, a mienshao appeared. I decided to catch it instead, and i did so.
It had near flawless IVs and jolly nature, but wrong ability (inner focus).
I searched for a new seed and hit the new one (the one in the picture), but a rufflet appeared again.
I caught it, but it had bad IVs (except for attack which was 30-31) and jolly nature.

What am i doing wrong? The guide i use says that RNGing stationary and wild pokemons are almost the same thing except you need to add encounter slot and ability (which i did).

Did you paste that seed into the main window for the PIDRNG to get the frame which yields a Jolly Fraxure? Your Fraxure's slot may be on a different PID frame than your starting frame.

Well, BW2 RNG is apparently pretty much the same as BW. C-Gear seeds are apparently gone, and turning the c-gear on and off advances the pidrng by one, according to slashmolder's post on Smogon. Also, xfr has already RNGed Snivy, and slashmolder has RNGed a Tepig.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
I've never done any Entralink rnging, so correct me if I'm wrong, but the lack of c-gear seeds completely changes it, right?