• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

dewey911p

primus inter pares
I just heard that RNGing eggs in BW2 will be different since there will be wandering NPCs at the day care.
Anyway, i decided to try out Smogon's guide for RNGing, but it didn't go as well as i thought.
First of all, i don't know where my target frame is nor what it is. I don't know the IVs of the pokemon and the guide didn't explain quite well.

http://i49.*******.com/qpsarn.png

This is the screen after i followed the steps on the guide. But it doesn't look close to the one sin the guide at all.

Also, does anyone have a good guide for RNGing non-shiny wild pokemons?

There is an NPC already on the daycare route so thats not really a big deal.

Anyway, are you breeding or capturing, i assume capturing, otherwise your using the wrong RNG tab. Your Target frame will be what ever RNG reporter tells you (yes, use Gen 5 PIDRNG). If you just want IVs then search for the IVs and find the first corresponding nature you want under PIDRNG. That will be your target frame. Next take your target frame and subtract your starting frame and do that many Chatot flips. If you miss then check the IVs, nature, gender, and ability. If the IVs match then match the other info to a frame in the main window and adjust your number of flips. Thats probably confusing so if you have more questions just come back :p
The guide told me to use gen 5 PIDRNG in time finder (they said method 5 PIDRNG but i think they meant gen 5 PIDRNG) but the picture in the guide is from a standard seed search.

EDIT: Ninja'd Anyway, like Too Funk To Druck sais, the 5th Gen PIDRNG tab should only be used in the main window of RNG reporter, Im not even sure why it is under time finder to begin with...

Last edited:

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
Sorry, forgot to mention that i was trying to RNG a wild pokemon and not an egg.
Also, if i understood correctly, i am supposed to use the gen 5 PIDRNG on the main window etc.
But this doesn't look right:

http://i50.*******.com/2hgqmc3.png

It doesn't mention time/date, held buttons and other important things, so how am i supposed to hit the seed and find my ISF? (it doesn't have a hex seed either so i can't use 'calculate intial shiny frame')
And is the number under 'frame' my target frame?
And how do i search for IVs in the PIDRNG?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
You need to go into time finder first and search for IVs in the same way you would for a shiny Pokemon. Just don't check the shiny Pokemon tab. Then, you get the seed, copy it, paste it in the main window, and set it to Gen 5 PIDRNG and Wild Pokemon. Click Calculate Initial PID frame, and you'll find out where you'll start and how much you'll need to advance.

Sorry, forgot to mention that i was trying to RNG a wild pokemon and not an egg.
Also, if i understood correctly, i am supposed to use the gen 5 PIDRNG on the main window etc.
But this doesn't look right:

http://i50.*******.com/2hgqmc3.png

It doesn't mention time/date, held buttons and other important things, so how am i supposed to hit the seed and find my ISF? (it doesn't have a hex seed either so i can't use 'calculate intial shiny frame')
And is the number under 'frame' my target frame?
And how do i search for IVs in the PIDRNG?

TFTD ninja'd while I was typing but I'll just leave the bottom bit of my post since it's relevant.

Here's some advice that makes life easier, since what you've got filtered says you want a Bold poke on Encounter Slot 6, if you want faster results from the Time Finder search I would skip the flawless attack IV and see if what you want is on multiple slots on across other routes, especially if you want a shiny.

Last edited:

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
It's weird looking back at all of this, it's been a while.

Well, with it being Summer I might find some time to get back into the swing of things.

Aegon

It's weird looking back at all of this, it's been a while.

Well, with it being Summer I might find some time to get back into the swing of things.
Come back, Beck. Come baaaaaaaaaack.

Decided I should try RNGing. Should I use my sister's DSi or my 3DS? And obviously, I'm going to fail this.
It doesn't matter, really. If you use a DSi, you need to start one second before the time given in RNG Reporter; for a 3DS, it's eight seconds.

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
You need to go into time finder first and search for IVs in the same way you would for a shiny Pokemon. Just don't check the shiny Pokemon tab. Then, you get the seed, copy it, paste it in the main window, and set it to Gen 5 PIDRNG and Wild Pokemon. Click Calculate Initial PID frame, and you'll find out where you'll start and how much you'll need to advance.

That is what i tried to do, but in the time finder (it is gen 5 standard seed, right?) it won't list encounter slot, target SF nor ability.
And if i select gen 5 PIDRNG (which is the wrong method), it won't list IVs, target frame nor ability.
Ecnounter slot, ability and target SF only appears when i check 'search for nearby shiny frames'
Also, shiny frames decides what ability, nature and encounter slot will appear, right?

TFTD ninja'd while I was typing but I'll just leave the bottom bit of my post since it's relevant.

Here's some advice that makes life easier, since what you've got filtered says you want a Bold poke on Encounter Slot 6, if you want faster results from the Time Finder search I would skip the flawless attack IV and see if what you want is on multiple slots on across other routes, especially if you want a shiny.

I didn't do a time finder search in the picture, and will try the other advices soon.

I've decided to get back into the swing of things and RNG the stationary Volcarona. I've RNG'ed a while ago, but only ever succeeded in getting flawless Stationary's. I hope this goes well.

Does anyone know if, in BW2, if where you can catch a DW Ability Gligar, there are moving NPC's?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
I've decided to get back into the swing of things and RNG the stationary Volcarona. I've RNG'ed a while ago, but only ever succeeded in getting flawless Stationary's. I hope this goes well.

Does anyone know if, in BW2, if where you can catch a DW Ability Gligar, there are moving NPC's?

I don't think any of the Hidden Hollows have NPCs inside of them, but I also don't know if the NPCs outside count.

Ah ok, thanks!

So I went searching for a seed, and I think I've done it correctly.

http://i50.*******.com/o50zdj.jpg

I've saved in front of Volcarona, with a Timid Synchroniser in my party. Do I just start the game up at the aforementioned time, then press A+B, then battle Volcarona straight away?

Also, what way is the date set? Month/Day, or Day/Month?

Attachments

• rngbabyyy.JPG
    rngbabyyy.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Ah ok, thanks!

So I went searching for a seed, and I think I've done it correctly. View attachment 5004

I've saved in front of Volcarona, with a Timid Synchroniser in my party. Do I just start the game up at the aforementioned time, then press A+B, then battle Volcarona straight away?

Also, what way is the date set? Month/Day, or Day/Month?

You load the game up one second before the time, then hold down A+B until the Nintendo screen comes up. Then copy paste the seed into the main window and find the initial PIDRNG frame, and then advance to whatever frame you need.

And if you mean in RNG reporter, it's Month/Day.

You load the game up one second before the time, then hold down A+B until the Nintendo screen comes up. Then copy paste the seed into the main window and find the initial PIDRNG frame, and then advance to whatever frame you need.

And if you mean in RNG reporter, it's Month/Day.

Ok, I got the seed, but I had been hoping the Volcarona to be Male. Will I need to search for a new seed with the a male requirement? If so, how exactly? Looking at the Time Finder, I cannot get the drop down to appear.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Ok, I got the seed, but I had been hoping the Volcarona to be Male. Will I need to search for a new seed with the a male requirement? If so, how exactly? Looking at the Time Finder, I cannot get the drop down to appear.

I don't think you're able to search for seeds for a specific gender, so you'll have to search for a new seed and get lucky.

TopDecking Shinobi

Does anyone have a good explanation on how to RNG shiny eggs? I'm a little stumped. I've generated seeds, attempted to hit them and when I check the hatched Pokemons IV's with the parents in the RNG Reporter none of them match. Does that mean I missed my seed?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Does anyone have a good explanation on how to RNG shiny eggs? I'm a little stumped. I've generated seeds, attempted to hit them and when I check the hatched Pokemons IV's with the parents in the RNG Reporter none of them match. Does that mean I missed my seed?

I'm assuming you put the parents' IVs in RNG reporter. In the main page, you can put in the IVs of the parents by right-clicking and choosing display parents in search, and then you can see what IVs your egg should have. If yours matches any of them, you probably hit your seed, but missed your frame. If it's completely different, then you missed your seed and should try again.

Nah, they're irrelevant. It's basically the same as any stationary in a NPC free area.

Ah, wasn't sure.

Zak Attack XIII

Ace Trainer
Hey does anyone have a link or video, or could simple tell me, on how to RNG stationary pokes on the 4th gen HGSS using the latest RNGreport 9.95
I have the video for how to RNG 4th gen for the older RNGreport back when HGSS came out but I was hoping there's an easier way now...
EDIT Somthing that don't require finding/hitting Delay for stationary pokes.
EDIT The bearsfan video I have does not show what parts of the RNGreport he uses, just how to us them.. So I'm very unfamiliar with how to RNG on 4th gen, if that make any since..
I can RNG on the 5th gen just fine though..

Last edited:

TopDecking Shinobi

I'm assuming you put the parents' IVs in RNG reporter. In the main page, you can put in the IVs of the parents by right-clicking and choosing display parents in search, and then you can see what IVs your egg should have. If yours matches any of them, you probably hit your seed, but missed your frame. If it's completely different, then you missed your seed and should try again.

e8CX2.png

That's whats in my RNG Reporter. Everytime I hit the 6:32:30 mark (I'm using a 3DS cause it's all I have) something seems to go wrong. It's beginning to irritate me, especially since I was successful in RNGing a shiny Terrakion earlier. |: My target frame is 58 in the main reporter screen, I'd like to know how to hit that. The 50 was one I hit earlier, tried using chatter 8 times to advance my frame but wasn't shiny.