• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
What is a good level to do the Elite Four with? I am planning this team-

Pokemon - Dusknoir (Use against Shauntal & Caitlin)
Nature - Jolly
Level - 37
Item - Spell Tag
Ability - Pressure

Moves-
Confuse Ray
Ice Punch
Shadow Punch
ThunderPunch

Pokemon - Sewaddle (Use Against Grimsley)
Nature - Bashful
Level - 50
Item - Everstone
Ability - Chlorophyll

Moves-
Endure
Bug Buzz
Bug Bite
Razor Leaf

Pokemon - Gothitelle (Use against Marshal)
Nature - Impish
Level - 42
Item - Expert Belt
Ability - Frisk

Moves-
Psychic
Flatter
Rest
Heal Block

You're looking for the rate my team section. Sorry, this has nothing to do with RNGing.

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
A few days ago, I finally learned how to RNG non-shiny wilds! Can't believe it was so easy to learn and use it.
I have already RNGed several pokemons, both shiny and normal pokemons :D
Thanks for the help everyone!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
omg im so getting mad why is my reporter not giving me any shiny results? does that mean my game can't produce shiny for roamers like raikou and entei? ill try to upload a pic to see what im doing wrong...

edit: i can't get a pic :/ but if someone could try to help me it would be great...i do have my secret id for soul silver so im not using the wrong id or something...im trying to get a hp ice shiny raikou right now but i only get results when not shiny but when i check the shiny box it gives me nothing...

Last edited:
omg im so getting mad why is my reporter not giving me any shiny results? does that mean my game can't produce shiny for roamers like raikou and entei? ill try to upload a pic to see what im doing wrong...

edit: i can't get a pic :/ but if someone could try to help me it would be great...i do have my secret id for soul silver so im not using the wrong id or something...im trying to get a hp ice shiny raikou right now but i only get results when not shiny but when i check the shiny box it gives me nothing...

4th gen RNG for pretty much anything except breeding requires you to have an RNGed ID/SID combo for flawless shinies, otherwise the shiny spreads just kinda suck. Every 4th gen game has the same possible IV spreads (and there's not many good ones) it can draw from, unlike 5th gen where it's based on your parameters. So for a shiny HP Ice Raikou you would need to start over to RNG an ID+SID that results in that PID being shiny.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
4th gen RNG for pretty much anything except breeding requires you to have an RNGed ID/SID combo for flawless shinies, otherwise the shiny spreads just kinda suck. Every 4th gen game has the same possible IV spreads (and there's not many good ones) it can draw from, unlike 5th gen where it's based on your parameters. So for a shiny HP Ice Raikou you would need to start over to RNG an ID+SID that results in that PID being shiny.

ahhhh got it damn but i really don't want to start over lol...well ill just take it not shiny then...i have no choice...i do have results for that...thanks for the help...so your id really comes in the part for capture part but eggs are not correct?

Last edited:

Aegon

ahhhh got it damn but i really don't want to start over lol...well ill just take it not shiny then...i have no choice...i do have results for that...thanks for the help...so your id really comes in the part for capture part but eggs are not correct?
You can hatch shiny eggs without having an RNGed ID/SID, yes.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
You can hatch shiny eggs without having an RNGed ID/SID, yes.

ahhhhh got it thanks, thats why im not getting results for shinies...well hopefully my heartgold version is better lol...if not that will be my game will start over...im too attached to my soulsilver lol :p

if i got anymore questions ill post again...that helped me alot...

Pokemans man

magikarp trainer
RNG Problem with (i think hitting my seed?)

i have been rnging for a few days now and i can successfully rng for wild shiny+ivs, however i have tried rnging bred pokemon and so far have had no luck. I am using a 3ds and PPRNG
i have followed what i believe are the correct steps (1 search for shiny egg 2 hit seed 3 get egg 4 hatch and detemine ivs 5 match it to the pidrng list 6 use SSF to get shiny egg) i believe my failure is due to me not being able to hit my seed correctly. is there anyway i can check my PIDRNG before hatching the egg. if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated as there is a limit to how much you can do with wild pokemon
thanks in advance

Last edited:
When trying to RNG a wild pokemon with no roaming NPCs, is it similar to stationary pokemon, except sweet scenting straight away? Or is there more to it like using a Chatot etc?

Aegon

When trying to RNG a wild pokemon with no roaming NPCs, is it similar to stationary pokemon, except sweet scenting straight away? Or is there more to it like using a Chatot etc?
It's extremely similar to RNGing stationary Pokémon. Just advance your frame as usual, then instead of pressing A to interact with the stationary, use Sweet Scent.

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
hey guys got a question im at the part of trying to input the roamers for hg/ss games locations in the search roamers area but it keeps saying no match was found for roamers...something like that but defiantly no match...did do something wrong? i wish i had a picture for you guys to see but i can't :/

edit: im in the seed time finder doing this...

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
What can you RNG in gen 4 if you haven't RNGed your ID/SID? Can you RNG flawless wilds and eggs? Or does ID/SID only affect shiny pokemons?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
What can you RNG in gen 4 if you haven't RNGed your ID/SID? Can you RNG flawless wilds and eggs? Or does ID/SID only affect shiny pokemons?

for shiny you have to have your secret id...im just going for a normal pokemon with hp ice...so yes only effects searches for shiny pokemon on 4th generation...still tryin to understand how delays go though...such a headache lol...

Too Funk to Druck

I am America

You can catch flawless, and hatch shiny and flawless Pokemon. You'll be lucky to find a decent spread for shiny wild Pokemon without RNGing your ID/SID.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
You can catch flawless, and hatch shiny and flawless Pokemon. You'll be lucky to find a decent spread for shiny wild Pokemon without RNGing your ID/SID.

ikr :/ when i found out yesterday i was like wtf :/ oh well i tried LOL