• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Vandslaux

As in, what to set as the min frame in the RNG Reporter main window?

Edit: Before, I was getting Calm, Mischievous, on frame 578. Now, I'm getting Bashful, Mischievous consistently (3 times in a row so far), which is on frame 584. Coincidence or SSF?

Edit edit: I just found something even closer, when I did 1 Chatter. 498 to 501.

Last edited:

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
Is that ever possible for me to hit the same frame with different chatters?
For example, can I hit frame 672 with 183, 186, 188 chatters simultaneously?(I'm quite sure I've the same mashing speed each time)

yes, it is very possible, if not pretty frequent actually...

As in, what to set as the min frame in the RNG Reporter main window?

Edit: Before, I was getting Calm, Mischievous, on frame 578. Now, I'm getting Bashful, Mischievous consistently (3 times in a row so far), which is on frame 584. Coincidence or SSF?

Edit edit: I just found something even closer, when I did 1 Chatter. 498 to 501.

I'm sorry, I don't use RNG Reporter. Are you searching for a new seed or something? The min frame for a summer month is somewhere around 700. You can dip a little lower than that but not too much, 650 is probably the lowest I would go. If you're not searching for a new seed, then isn't the min frame just the starting frame as calculated from the seed?

Why are you saying you got two different natures for the same frame? That isn't possible... Not really following what you are saying/asking...

Vandslaux

I know it probably isn't 700+ because the only natures that match up with the characteristic when I do 10 Chatters that are above 700 are upwards are upwards of frame 1000+.

lm925781

yes, it is very possible, if not pretty frequent actually...

I'm sorry, I don't use RNG Reporter. Are you searching for a new seed or something? The min frame for a summer month is somewhere around 700. You can dip a little lower than that but not too much, 650 is probably the lowest I would go. If you're not searching for a new seed, then isn't the min frame just the starting frame as calculated from the seed?

Why are you saying you got two different natures for the same frame? That isn't possible... Not really following what you are saying/asking...
Thanks, I've discovered that by myself also because I see many of the frames are being multi-hitted.
And damn it there are many irregularities in my work. I've found some chatters leading me to ~700+ where the neighboring chatter no. are talking about ~650 lol. Just not quite sure if it's normal.
By the way, how long does it take for you to get your shiny roamer?

Vandslaux

Thanks, I've discovered that by myself also because I see many of the frames are being multi-hitted.
And damn it there are many irregularities in my work. I've found some chatters leading me to ~700+ where the neighboring chatter no. are talking about ~650 lol. Just not quite sure if it's normal.

Same here. 1 Chatter brings me to 501, 10 Chatters brings me to 541. And I was never using a winter seed, but I was curious. I've been using Summer the whole time. 0 Chatters gave 498, 1 Chatter gave 501, 2 Chatters gave 499 (WTF?). Is such a pattern plausible for my SSF?

Edit: I think I finally found something usable. After 11 Chatters, I got Quirky, Often dozes off, which, when I searched with a min frame of 400, brought up 477, 515, 1019 and 1139. I'm pretty sure the 1000+ ones aren't really plausible (right?) in summer?

Last edited:

blonde_1

I know it probably isn't 700+ because the only natures that match up with the characteristic when I do 10 Chatters that are above 700 are upwards are upwards of frame 1000+.

The range for the SSF in a summer month is 550-750, but it could be lower or higher depending on your game. That range is what smogon reported as most common

That's normal, sometimes I had the rain stick around longer for some reason causing the frame to jump higher for that # of chatters.
Well when I was trying to do winter, it was so frustrating I never wanted to work on it so finally like 3 months later I switched and found some good summer month seeds to try. After that it only took me a few days (working on it for only a couple hours each day)

Same here. 1 Chatter brings me to 501, 10 Chatters brings me to 541. And I was never using a winter seed, but I was curious. I've been using Summer the whole time. 0 Chatters gave 498, 1 Chatter gave 501, 2 Chatters gave 499 (WTF?). Is such a pattern plausible for my SSF?

If you only increment by 1 chatter you will find yourself hitting ahead and behind previous chatters, thats why you increment by 10, to find better consistencies. What your saying though is possible for your SSF, but try doing increments of 10 and see what you get.
I thought 0 chatters gave you 578 before?

lm925781

The range for the SSF in a summer month is 550-750, but it could be lower or higher depending on your game. That range is what smogon reported as most common

That's normal, sometimes I had the rain stick around longer for some reason causing the frame to jump higher for that # of chatters.
Well when I was trying to do winter, it was so frustrating I never wanted to work on it so finally like 3 months later I switched and found some good summer month seeds to try. After that it only took me a few days (working on it for only a couple hours each day)

If you only increment by 1 chatter you will find yourself hitting ahead and behind previous chatters, thats why you increment by 10, to find better consistencies. What your saying though is possible for your SSF, but try doing increments of 10 and see what you get.
I thought 0 chatters gave you 578 before?

What's annoying is that my shiny frame(641) is neither on the 10-chatter increment range nor the 5-increment range. If it's on the irregular jumping ones then I guess I've to give it a week's time.
Even I have a save extractor that helps me finding out my frame accurately still it's so tedious that I almost wanna give up(maybe not, for the sake of this good seed). NO LIFE DUDE.

TopDecking Shinobi

Can anyone here help me? I'm trying to RNG Dragonite outside the Dragonspiral Tower. But I can't seem to find my current frame after the Bubble Spot appears. Is there anything I can read that'll help me better understand how to RNG Shaking Grass/Dust Clouds/ Bubble Spots? Cause I can't seem to find anything, and would like to RNG this Dragonite.

blonde_1

What's annoying is that my shiny frame(641) is neither on the 10-chatter increment range nor the 5-increment range. If it's on the irregular jumping ones then I guess I've to give it a week's time.
Even I have a save extractor that helps me finding out my frame accurately still it's so tedious that I almost wanna give up(maybe not, for the sake of this good seed). NO LIFE DUDE.

Well after you find a number a chatters that gets you within range of your target just start trying all chatters around that incrementing or decrementing by 1. You don't have to stick to 5 or 10 increments...

lm925781

Well after you find a number a chatters that gets you within range of your target just start trying all chatters around that incrementing or decrementing by 1. You don't have to stick to 5 or 10 increments...

180 Chatters gives me 642(1 frame off!), which is in the 10-increment range, but the neighboring frames messed up...179 gives 667, WTF.

Edit: In the 10-increment range, the #s are quite consistently adding 10s, but all the neighboring frames messed up.

Last edited:

RED5150

I have been trying this RNG stuff for about a week. At first, I tried to find my SID and try and get a perfect shiny Virizion. I tried this for a couple of days, and just gave up and decided to shoot for just a flawless IV spread. I recalibrated my game in the RNG program (I am using PPRNG on a Mac). I searched for a seed with my desired IV spread, and got one. I tried to hit the seed, and caught Virizion. Upon checking its IVs in a IV calculator, I was not surprised by the fact that I had caught a Virizion without the IVs I wanted. I sighed, and tried again. After hitting the same seed again, catching the Virizion, and checking its IVs, I noticed something that had never happened to me since the day I started to try RNGing. The nature, stats, and the Pokemon's characteristic were the same as my previous attempt. I tried looking in the Standard Seed Inspector, but I could not find why this was happening. Could someone please help me out here? I would really like to get this method of RNGing down...
Thanks

Pokemans man

magikarp trainer
you might be starting the game too early you have to start it 1 second before the time for a normal ds and 8 seconds early for the 3ds
otherwise it might be timer0 trolling you

dewey911p

primus inter pares
After hitting the same seed again, catching the Virizion, and checking its IVs, I noticed something that had never happened to me since the day I started to try RNGing. The nature, stats, and the Pokemon's characteristic were the same as my previous attempt. I tried looking in the Standard Seed Inspector, but I could not find why this was happening. Could someone please help me out here? I would really like to get this method of RNGing down...
Thanks

You answered your own question: you hit the same seed twice. Granted, it was not the seed you were aiming for (maybe) but getting consistent results is a good first step. Is your IV frame set to 1? If you are lucky, you just need to advance the IVRNG. It is also possible that your Timer0 was off, in which case you just need to keep trying. At worst, you hit the wrong seed and your timing was off. I'm not familiar with PPRNG so I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but if you have specific questions about the program feel free to post and other Mac users will help out :)

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
Some people are having problems here! I have a guide but I'm not sure Im aloud to post a link to it. Someone tell me if i can cause im sure it will help a lot of people!

BTW. can someone give me an idea for a RNG Shiny flawless egg pokemon? I've done Bagon and Growlithe, I want something that'll look good as a shiny and is a strong pokemon (later in the evo line).

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Some people are having problems here! I have a guide but I'm not sure Im aloud to post a link to it. Someone tell me if i can cause im sure it will help a lot of people!

BTW. can someone give me an idea for a RNG Shiny flawless egg pokemon? I've done Bagon and Growlithe, I want something that'll look good as a shiny and is a strong pokemon (later in the evo line).

I'm sure you're able to link to your guide, since I doubt there's anything against the rules in it. And I'd love to see a guide as well since I recently started using a Mac, and I'm sorely out of practice.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
I'm sure you're able to link to your guide, since I doubt there's anything against the rules in it. And I'd love to see a guide as well since I recently started using a Mac, and I'm sorely out of practice.

Okay :D well here it is! The author makes it funny and goes step by step to make sure you get everything and makes it really easy to understand. Heres his Shiny Flawless egg guide, he's got otheres at the bottom, e.g. calibration guide and stationary abuse for example.

Hope it helps! http://thegamingforum.org/forum/f21...e-section-5-shiny-flawless-eggs-228/#post2069

Haven't seen a RNG thread for Gen III in the Gen III section, so I'm going to post this here.

I've started RNGing for a shiny Cyndaquil in Emerald.
My shiny frame is at 36 seconds and 90 milliseconds.

Smogon says that the frame is chosen as soon as I say YES to pick the Pokémon I chose.
I'm starting my stopwatch at the same time I Soft Reset (give or take a few milliseconds, I'm aware of that.)

Is there anything else I should know about RNGing for shiny Johto starters? Or am I all set?
You're all set, but I recommend using EonTimer over a stopwatch.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Hmm...
The beeping feature on ZomgTimer really does help.
Allows me to SR without having to look at the timer at all times.

Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Hell yeah, I got it! :D
Ended up not using ZomgTimer nor EonTimer for it, since they both weren't as accurate as I would have wanted them to be.
So I just used my trusty online stopwatch instead, sometimes using a stopwatch app on my phone.

Interestingly enough, the moment I hit the correct frame was the one when I had to go to the bathroom, so I took my phone with me + the stopwatch app, and did one reset there.
While I was waiting for the timer to reach the desired time (Had decided to SR when the timer reached 5 seconds, then picking Cyndaquil when it reached 41.90) I thought "wouldn't it be funny if I got the shiny Cyndaquil here, on the toilet."
And I did.

Here's a picture, if anyone's interested.

Oh thank god, I thought the picture was of you on the toilet. But on a different note, successful RNGs are better suited to the DMP thread. Nice job nonetheless though :)