• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
So is there a difference between BW1 and BW2 RNG?

Other than Timer0's being more of a pain (though I didn't have much trouble with them in BW1) and breeding being currently broken, not really. :) Same old, same old. :D

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Oh man, B/W 2 are already out, and I only RNGed 1 of the 10+ shinies I wanted to for my new in-game teams. The only thing I hate about RNG is that if you don't use it in a while, you forget all about it and almost need to re-learn everything.

So yeah...expect to see me here again soon XD

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
Well that's awesome. Thanks Shadow

Yup. :)

Oh man, B/W 2 are already out, and I only RNGed 1 of the 10+ shinies I wanted to for my new in-game teams. The only thing I hate about RNG is that if you don't use it in a while, you forget all about it and almost need to re-learn everything.

So yeah...expect to see me here again soon XD

Lol. I know that feeling. I've only recently come back to it with the release of the games. :p I'll be active on here until roughly 5-5:30 CST, so I'll be able to help then. :) Otherwise, yeah. Lol.

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
I recently downloaded PPRNG to my new computer and attempted to RNG my Genesect in Black 2. I found my parameters using the Unova Link method (it was 1103-1106), found a good spread and continually tried to obtain it, but every time I did it was never what I wanted. I don't know if I was doing something wrong, or if I didn't find all of my Timer0s. I REALLY want to RNG my Genesect, and now he's just sitting there with the delivery man in the iccirus city pokemon center (is that a good place to do it?)... mocking me....

Can someone please help me?

insanemouse

Rachel the Random
OKAY, first off, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I am definitely not here enough. I am trying to get two shiny pokemon, nicknamable, with specific genders and possibly natures. It looks like RNG-ing is the way to go. BUT, I barely have enough hours in the day to do what I need to do to stay, um, functional? SO, does anyone know anyone here who RNGs for a service and would be willing to work out a trade? I would be very grateful - even if you can't do it, if you could point me in the right direction, that would be wonderful.

Thanks so much - for reading this and for being patient with me :)

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
I recently downloaded PPRNG to my new computer and attempted to RNG my Genesect in Black 2. I found my parameters using the Unova Link method (it was 1103-1106), found a good spread and continually tried to obtain it, but every time I did it was never what I wanted. I don't know if I was doing something wrong, or if I didn't find all of my Timer0s. I REALLY want to RNG my Genesect, and now he's just sitting there with the delivery man in the iccirus city pokemon center (is that a good place to do it?)... mocking me....

Can someone please help me?

Let me first say that any Pokémon Center works. Now, to your problem. Are you advancing the PID Frames? I.e., are you using Chatots?

OKAY, first off, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I am definitely not here enough. I am trying to get two shiny pokemon, nicknamable, with specific genders and possibly natures. It looks like RNG-ing is the way to go. BUT, I barely have enough hours in the day to do what I need to do to stay, um, functional? SO, does anyone know anyone here who RNGs for a service and would be willing to work out a trade? I would be very grateful - even if you can't do it, if you could point me in the right direction, that would be wonderful.

Thanks so much - for reading this and for being patient with me :)

Depending on the severity (how involved) the spread is you're going for, I can nickname and get the spread you want. If I don't have the Pokémon you request, you'll have to send a parent to me. Also, I will have no time at all tomorrow to do it nor Sunday, so you'll have to wait til late Sunday. Otherwise, just search the trading forum and check the threads.

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
Let me first say that any Pokémon Center works. Now, to your problem. Are you advancing the PID Frames? I.e., are you using Chatots?

Yup, I'm using 1 chatot.

EDIT: Tried it again today and had success! Well, sort of. I got its IVs right, but it wasn't the nature I was going for. I was going for rash nature, but it ended up naive, which is the next best thing (maybe better). I have another Genesect waiting in my White 2, but that one can wait.

Last edited:
*Clears throat* Hello all. I'm new to this forum, and I was hoping to get some help RNGing in my White 2. I'm trying to RNG Reshiram. (And consequently, Kyurem. And eventually my Genesect.)

I can breed for IVs in White 1, but I'm having trouble with this. I found the parameters for my White 2 cartridge, found 10F3 and 10F5 as my Timer0s. I save in front of Reshiram, hit my seed, do the Chatot screens, but it always seems to come out a different nature. (I never actually checked the IVs, I didn't realize the IV Judge guy was at Nimbasa after you beat the game.)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or is it just my Timer0? Am I doing the wrong thing for stationary legendaries? Oh, and with the shiny Haxorus in the Nature Preserve, can you use it to find your SID?

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
Yup, I'm using 1 chatot.

EDIT: Tried it again today and had success! Well, sort of. I got its IVs right, but it wasn't the nature I was going for. I was going for rash nature, but it ended up naive, which is the next best thing (maybe better). I have another Genesect waiting in my White 2, but that one can wait.

Okay. Well, I'm not really sure of the problem. I'm just gonna have to blame your Timer0's. They a lot meaner in these games than in BW1...

*Clears throat* Hello all. I'm new to this forum, and I was hoping to get some help RNGing in my White 2. I'm trying to RNG Reshiram. (And consequently, Kyurem. And eventually my Genesect.)

I can breed for IVs in White 1, but I'm having trouble with this. I found the parameters for my White 2 cartridge, found 10F3 and 10F5 as my Timer0s. I save in front of Reshiram, hit my seed, do the Chatot screens, but it always seems to come out a different nature. (I never actually checked the IVs, I didn't realize the IV Judge guy was at Nimbasa after you beat the game.)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or is it just my Timer0? Am I doing the wrong thing for stationary legendaries? Oh, and with the shiny Haxorus in the Nature Preserve, can you use it to find your SID?

Reshiram Question: The game does not allow you to get Reshiram nor Zekrom shiny, so if that's what you're going for, then you're out of luck... Now, let's say you actually are hitting a non-shiny seed, but the outcome Nature is one frame off of what you're aiming for (i.e. frame 49 is your target, yet you're getting the nature for frame 50), then you need to flip one less time. Meaning, instead of flipping Chatots (let's pretend the starting frame is 19) 30 times, you would flip 29 times. I'll need more information about your process and the seeds and the possible frames you can land on and the frames you actually are landing on to efficiently answer this. It may even be your Timer0's...

Haxorus Question: I would assume the Haxorus's shininess is generated the same way as the Red Gyarados's from HG/SS. So no. What you can do, though, is capture any Pokémon (or use one you've already captured), and go to pokecheck.org (a fake GTS system), and upload a Pokémon to that. Pokecheck will tell you your SID.

I might have had the IVs right, I'll have to try again. Yeah, I know about Reshiram's shiny check. I'll do some work on that.. BTW I'm using an Original DS. Oh, and at one point, one of my adjacent seeds was matching the Chato-*Facepalm* I should have just looked at what frame it was on, and adjusted my chatot flips! Oh, I've done the Memory Link BTW, so I clicked Memory Link (I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.1)

I'm going for Modest 31/X/31/31/31/31 Reshiram.

Okay, so right now I'm trying for a seed which is: 10F3 Timer0 (My Most Common) 6/8/12 1:53:17 (An easy to hit time) It has 31/0/31/31/31/31 HP Dragon, Frame 106. So I look at my stuff, and the first adjacent seed (That it's automatically on) has the Chatot flips I need. What does this mean? Is it right?

EDIT: Okay, so I hit that seed, and it's Docile Nature.. But I didn't check the IVs.. Oops..
EDIT 2: Alright, I so I can normally predict the Chatots, but it never seems to do the ones from the Main RNG Reporter window (Having pasted the seed, clicked Method and Encounter Type as Gen 5 PIDRNG and Stationary Pokemon) Starting frame is supposedly 48 BTW. What does the Black White 2? option do exactly? Should that be checked?

Last edited:

SakuraLatias

Objection!
I might have had the IVs right, I'll have to try again. Yeah, I know about Reshiram's shiny check. I'll do some work on that.. BTW I'm using an Original DS. Oh, and at one point, one of my adjacent seeds was matching the Chato-*Facepalm* I should have just looked at what frame it was on, and adjusted my chatot flips! Oh, I've done the Memory Link BTW, so I clicked Memory Link (I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.1)

I'm going for Modest 31/X/31/31/31/31 Reshiram.

Okay, so right now I'm trying for a seed which is: 10F3 Timer0 (My Most Common) 6/8/12 1:53:17 (An easy to hit time) It has 31/0/31/31/31/31 HP Dragon, Frame 106. So I look at my stuff, and the first adjacent seed (That it's automatically on) has the Chatot flips I need. What does this mean? Is it right?

EDIT: Okay, so I hit that seed, and it's Docile Nature.. But I didn't check the IVs.. Oops..
EDIT 2: Alright, I so I can normally predict the Chatots, but it never seems to do the ones from the Main RNG Reporter window (Having pasted the seed, clicked Method and Encounter Type as Gen 5 PIDRNG and Stationary Pokemon) Starting frame is supposedly 48 BTW. What does the Black White 2? option do exactly? Should that be checked?

If you have B2/W2, then you should checked "Black White 2" on a main screen of the RNG Reporter. It'll give you a higher starting frame. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Thanks, that helped, but.. Instead of having the nature I wanted, it's quiet... Matching the nature showed in the main RNG Reporter window.. Whaat?

What do I do now..?

-Xen-

Thanks, that helped, but.. Instead of having the nature I wanted, it's quiet... Matching the nature showed in the main RNG Reporter window.. Whaat?

What do I do now..?

Did you verify the IV's at all? Odds are high that Timer0 is trolling you. If so, double-check your Chatot flips.

Also, just got done RNGing this on my dry battery Ruby cart. :D
http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=2217321

No matter when the chatot flips match, they match the nature on the main menu. When it matches, it's always this:

Reshiram - #643 (Quiet)
HP: 20 - 21
Att: 22
Def: 10 - 11
SpA: 8 - 9
SpD: 16 - 17
Speed: 3 - 4

No matter what I do, the main RNG Reporter's Nature is always right if the Chatot sound for flips match, instead of matching the seed I have. I don't understand what to do..

-Xen-

cool, but post it in the dmp thread instead, as this thread is only for help now. :p

also, hi Xeno.

Oops, didn't know it was changed (been awhile since I posted here). Will do from now on. And hey Agonist! lol

No matter when the chatot flips match, they match the nature on the main menu. When it matches, it's always this:

Reshiram - #643 (Quiet)

No matter what I do, the main RNG Reporter's Nature is always right if the Chatot sound for flips match, instead of matching the seed I have. I don't understand what to do..

Yeah, it seems Timer0 is trolling you. Just keep trying. Also double-check to make sure you're doing everything right. I assume you did IV's, Standard seed, Frame 1, Stationary right?

Yeah, all that. I also noticed the frame I'm on was also there when I searched for an Adamant nature as a random other nature to see if it would change, but the seed I'm trying to get still showed up..

I am supposed to have Gen 5 PIDRNG frame as the set method on the main window, correct? Oh, and should the chatot pitches match the main RNG Reporter window? Whenever they do I get that Quiet Reshiram above. Should I just do the set amount of flips no matter what or make sure they match?

Last edited:

Reshiram - #643 (Quiet)

You need to use "IVs(standard seed)" for IVs not PIDRNG, PIDRNG doesn't secure the IVs.

Last edited: