• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Vinny White

does anyone here rng breed? i just tried to do a scyther and kept getting the wrong natures even thought i only worked off adamant only natures, i stuck to my parameters, button presses, time and date , and was stupidly quick with my button presses because of npc's, i also did ther correct amount of chatot summaries too, anyone help?
the only possibility i can see messed it up was because my scizor was level 18 and iv's min and max were quite wide apart i had to narrow them down

-Xen-

Yeah, all that. I also noticed the frame I'm on was also there when I searched for an Adamant nature as a random other nature to see if it would change, but the seed I'm trying to get still showed up..

I am supposed to have Gen 5 PIDRNG frame as the set method on the main window, correct? Oh, and should the chatot pitches match the main RNG Reporter window? Whenever they do I get that Quiet Reshiram above. Should I just do the set amount of flips no matter what or make sure they match?

Use IV's, Standard Seed in Time Finder, C+P the seed in the main window, and search via PIDRNG.

does anyone here rng breed? i just tried to do a scyther and kept getting the wrong natures even thought i only worked off adamant only natures, i stuck to my parameters, button presses, time and date , and was stupidly quick with my button presses because of npc's, i also did ther correct amount of chatot summaries too, anyone help?
the only possibility i can see messed it up was because my scizor was level 18 and iv's min and max were quite wide apart i had to narrow them down

Could be NPC's throwing you off, or Timer0. When i first started breeding, I calibrated by grabbing the first egg, hatching it, and verifying the frame via Reporter. It's also best to know your exact IV's. Upload the parent Scizor to Pokecheck or use Rare Candies for exact IVs.

Thx for the help so far, people. But I'm not having any luck with this.. Should I just try over and over? (Went back to standard seed quickly, reobtained my seed.)

But absoloutely every time the Chatot Pitches match, I get Quiet Reshiram. Can the Timer0 be messing with it even if the Chatot pitches are correct, or is the Chatot pitch messing up Timer0 in the first place?

Thx for the help so far, people. But I'm not having any luck with this.. Should I just try over and over? (Went back to standard seed quickly, reobtained my seed.)

But absoloutely every time the Chatot Pitches match, I get Quiet Reshiram. Can the Timer0 be messing with it even if the Chatot pitches are correct, or is the Chatot pitch messing up Timer0 in the first place?

there are potentially up to a dozen Timer0's in BW2, so it's entirely possible the pitches match another T0 if you're only doing a couple. Additionally, if you're not using a IV frame 1 seed, then you'll get different IVs. Finally, Chatot Pitches have no effect on the Timer0.

Rokonpower

Humble Trainer
Hey I know this RNG abuse for B/W2 is all still being researched, but I need to address a major problem I'm experiencing with the game's PIDRNG.

So I've managed to calibrate my new parameters for White 2, and they work about 10% of the time I turn on the game since the timer's min and max has changed drastically. That's no big deal for me right now in catching pokemon with the stats I need. However, I need to rely on the PIDRNG in order to find the natures and genders I want my wild pokemon to specifically have, and I've managed to achieve getting those desired natures and such in the first White game. I know that you can move the PID frame up with various actions like saving the game, using Chatot's chatter, and sometimes waiting for NPCs to move or talking to them. But in White 2, none of that works. NONE OF IT!

I've tried it all. Whenever I landed on the right seed I wanted, I first tried waiting for the NPCs to move a bit and then search the grass for my pokemon, but no matter how many times the NPC moves on the specific time I start the game, the wild pokemon I find is always the same species, nature and gender that I keep finding when I don't let the NPC move first. So then I tried saving my game to advance the PID frame. 10 times later, I keep finding the same pokemon with the same gender, nature and species. Afterward, I decided to just trade my chatot into the new game and use the chatter trick to advance that sucker once and for all. But in the end, nothing changes. I still come into contact with that same pokemon as I do without the chatot's help, and I had my chatot squawk up to 21-30 different times to see if anything would finally change.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong! The stats manage to be good everytime, but if I can't get that pokemon to stop hitting the same quirky nature everytime I try, it becomes pointless! Could it have something to do with my current progress in the game? So far I have my C-gear, and I defeated the first gym leader. Perhaps I'm still missing a component that is necessary to get the PID moving in my favor. So is anybody else experiencing this problem too?

EDIT: I researched my problem a little further, and discovered that my PIDRNG does change when I use Chatot's chatter after all. Unfortunately, it only shifts the PID once, and by the second chatter, the PID resets back to the stating frame.

What I did was try landing on a particular seed to catch a low level Purrloin with excellent IVs. Whenever I succeeded in landing on that seed, once I entered the grass and encountered a wild pokemon, I always found a Quirky natured female Purrloin with the Unburden ability and the high IVs I was going for. This was how it always worked when I didn't try to move the PID. Now when I landed on that same seed, next I tried chattering just once, and then the next pokemon I found was another Purrloin, except now it had a modest nature, the unburden ability, was male, and still had all the same good IVs as the previous purrloin. So when I reset and landed on that seed again, I next chattered twice. And then what I encountered in the wild was the same Purrloin as the first time I started the seed. That's right. It was the quirky, unburden, female Purrloin with the good ivs once again. So then I tried it all again with three chatters. I then encountered the male modest unburden purrloin with good ivs from the second time I tested the seed. Then when I chattered four times on the same seed, I found the quirky female purrloin again. And then with five chatters, it was the modest male again. And so on, and so on!

So what I'm experiencing is a PID advancing loop that never ends. I tried the experiment on three other different seeds, they all had the same repetitive result. This shouldn't be happening to my game, but it is, and it won't stop. All of these pokemon finds don't even line up on the rng reporter, so I'm really confused about this problem. This needs to be resolved soon, and I'd really like to know if anybody else is experiencing this looping problem with wild pokemon.

Iron Tyrant

Lazy RNGer
Ok, so I've been reading on Black/White 2 RNG, and wanted to be sure I'm aware of all the changes before I potentially frustrate myself. In black/white 1, I did every "type" of RNG except the entralink, and was quite successful save for trolling Timer0. Due to copious trading here, I have almost everything I would want, so the only thing I would be targeting in White 2 would be genesect and a few stationary legends, aka the simple stuff. First let me be sure I have everything streight:

I need the newest version of the reporter, which apparently does not work with Windows XP. (A compatible version is apparently in the works) My computer is a windows 7; will it run on that?

Entralink is easier and breeding is impossible, but I have no intension of doing either in White 2.

Game freak decided to troll RNGers and give us 10+ timer0s. Ugh.

Besides that, it appears to be the same. I'll get the few I want and then stick with White 1 RNG. If I've missed anything, let me know. Also, I am curious to the previous poster's problem of a looping PID, as that would mess me up as well.

Also, does Kyurem have a shiny check on it; it appears not but I'm not sure. Also, will Regigigas only respond to Regis from Black/White 2 similiar to the Rayquaza from gen 4?

SakuraLatias

Objection!
Ok, so I've been reading on Black/White 2 RNG, and wanted to be sure I'm aware of all the changes before I potentially frustrate myself. In black/white 1, I did every "type" of RNG except the entralink, and was quite successful save for trolling Timer0. Due to copious trading here, I have almost everything I would want, so the only thing I would be targeting in White 2 would be genesect and a few stationary legends, aka the simple stuff. First let me be sure I have everything streight:

I need the newest version of the reporter, which apparently does not work with Windows XP. (A compatible version is apparently in the works) My computer is a windows 7; will it run on that?

Entralink is easier and breeding is impossible, but I have no intension of doing either in White 2.

Game freak decided to troll RNGers and give us 10+ timer0s. Ugh.

Besides that, it appears to be the same. I'll get the few I want and then stick with White 1 RNG. If I've missed anything, let me know. Also, I am curious to the previous poster's problem of a looping PID, as that would mess me up as well.

Also, does Kyurem have a shiny check on it; it appears not but I'm not sure. Also, will Regigigas only respond to Regis from Black/White 2 similiar to the Rayquaza from gen 4?

I have the latest version of the RNG Reporter. Also, no. Kyurem doesn't have a shiny check, unlike Reshiram/Zekrom. So you can get shiny White/Black Kyurem. :) I haven't tested the three Regis yet. Probably yes.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
help! i can't remember if i need to skip some frame to rng a wondercard or not? its been awhile...can someone help me?starting frame the first frame of the starting frame or do i skip the frame?

edit: also for black and white 2 wondercards are they the same as black and white?

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
Anyone have any luck with Hidden Grotto RNG? Curious. I'm not. :p

Ilane

I need help finding my secret ids for black/white and black2/white2. Please help.

I don't have action replay or any other cheating device.

Is there a legit way to find the id or can someone find it for me?

Last edited:

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
I need help finding my secret ids for black/white and black2/white2. Please help.

I don't have action replay or any other cheating device.

Is there a legit way to find the id or can someone find it for me?

pokecheck.org my friend :)

yeah, I've caught a ton of stuff in the Grotto's so far.

Got any tips for me? I'm trying to get a flawless Minccino at Rt. 5. I already abused the Grotto to give me a female one, but I just cannot get the right seed or IVs. Idk... Lol. I mean, I've done egg, grassland, and stationary RNG in BW1, so I figure I could do this. I can also Dream Radar RNG, yet no luck with Grotto. Any significant difference between any of these other than the Timer0 trolling? I don't even seem to be hitting my adjacents...\

Edit: I have to get off shortly. If you could just give me a quick run down of your process that would be great because I suck. Lol. Plus, I won't be home tomorrow (today) very much. I'll be on a bus and about 120 miles away from tomorrow, so I'm spending that time playing BW2. I'll work on my Minccino, too. Lol. Thanks. :)

Edit2: So my most recent attempt, I finally hit an adjacent. 2 Timer0's above. So I at least have come close. And yes, I do understand how the process works, but I believe I'm doing something wrong and would like to know someone else's process and if they've succeeded. :p

Last edited:

Ilane

Keldeo has a shiny check, it cannot be shiny.

Awww...is that because it's an event pokemon?

For black and white Kyurem...do you know which has to be shiny for it to be shiny when merged? I'm assumine Kyurem because everything else is based on him.

Awww...is that because it's an event pokemon?

For black and white Kyurem...do you know which has to be shiny for it to be shiny when merged? I'm assumine Kyurem because everything else is based on him.

Yes, and only Kyurem needs to be shiny and it doesn't have a check in any game like Reshiram and Zekrom do.

Pidj

I've got a couple of questions about RNG'ing Dittos in B/W:

First of all I've actually just RNG'd a Ditto with the IV spread I was aiming for (31/31/31/30/30/31) but it wasn't the one in my desired encounter slot and a different nature I was looking for (i.e. it was a different frame). My starting frame was 50 and I believ I hit this one in frame 91. What I'm getting at is I got a Ditto by luck. However, I found in the giant chasm I couldn't use sweet scent and I think this is because of the fog, which was probably advancing my frames too so I walked (I think it was less than 128 steps as I still got my IV spread).

So my questions are 1. (noob question) Are encoutner slots advance useing Chatot pitches? 2. (also probabky a noob question) How do I hit the exact frame I want if the fog advances the weather and I can't use sweet scent?