• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Iron Tyrant

Lazy RNGer
Ok, this isn't the proper thread to ask this, but my problem began with pokecheck and this thread seems to be checked by those who whould know the answer. Anyway, I am recieving endless error messages with any wifi activity over the pokemon servers. The problem began with pokecheck; I got in the GTS 'room' with no problem, but upon trying to offer a pokemon, i got a communication error 13275. I tried to resolve the problem by getting help from those on the chat box, but nothing worked. I then tried to use the real GTS, and got the exact same problem. I am able to search normally, but am spit out when i try to trade. GTS negotiations is similiar; I can find people and 'compare', but get an error if we try to trade. I haven't downloaded anything from pokecheck; just wanted my White 2 SID for RNG purposes. Anyway, here is what I've tried to fix the problem: (trying to connect to the REAL GTS servers; I did remove the pokecheck dns settings)

Switching games: black, white, and white 2 all give the same error.
Switching DSs: tried with my 3DS, same problem.
Waiting: The error code seems to signify overload from what ive read, but the problem persists since last night; gotten this before and it fixes in minutes.
Switching games: Tried connecting with Mario Kart 7; multiplayer worked fine.
Mystery Gift: Downloaded genesect with no problem.
Resetting the router: nope, no good.
Deleting and re-entering wifi info on both DS: did not work.
Random WIfi battles: cannot recieve data or even search; same communication error.

I origionally just wanted to cut my losses and try to find someone here who could check my SID for me, but considering the above, I doubt I could connect to them. What truely baffles me is that I would have the same problem on both the Nintendo GTS server and the Pokecheck server; I dont think the two are related directly. I have not used the GTS since summer, so I don't know if something changed. My fear is that I've been banned somehow, or my IP has, although I've never heard of that before. Since Mario Kart works, I know my settings are correct. The only thing I havent tried is waiting longer or trying a different router at a relative's house. The problem seems to be that I cannot send or recieve pokemon data, yet I can get 'into' the GTS, etc. Does anyone have any ideas?

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Ok, this isn't the proper thread to ask this, but my problem began with pokecheck and this thread seems to be checked by those who whould know the answer. Anyway, I am recieving endless error messages with any wifi activity over the pokemon servers. The problem began with pokecheck; I got in the GTS 'room' with no problem, but upon trying to offer a pokemon, i got a communication error 13275. I tried to resolve the problem by getting help from those on the chat box, but nothing worked. I then tried to use the real GTS, and got the exact same problem. I am able to search normally, but am spit out when i try to trade. GTS negotiations is similiar; I can find people and 'compare', but get an error if we try to trade. I haven't downloaded anything from pokecheck; just wanted my White 2 SID for RNG purposes. Anyway, here is what I've tried to fix the problem: (trying to connect to the REAL GTS servers; I did remove the pokecheck dns settings)

Switching games: black, white, and white 2 all give the same error.
Switching DSs: tried with my 3DS, same problem.
Waiting: The error code seems to signify overload from what ive read, but the problem persists since last night; gotten this before and it fixes in minutes.
Switching games: Tried connecting with Mario Kart 7; multiplayer worked fine.
Mystery Gift: Downloaded genesect with no problem.
Resetting the router: nope, no good.
Deleting and re-entering wifi info on both DS: did not work.
Random WIfi battles: cannot recieve data or even search; same communication error.

I origionally just wanted to cut my losses and try to find someone here who could check my SID for me, but considering the above, I doubt I could connect to them. What truely baffles me is that I would have the same problem on both the Nintendo GTS server and the Pokecheck server; I dont think the two are related directly. I have not used the GTS since summer, so I don't know if something changed. My fear is that I've been banned somehow, or my IP has, although I've never heard of that before. Since Mario Kart works, I know my settings are correct. The only thing I havent tried is waiting longer or trying a different router at a relative's house. The problem seems to be that I cannot send or recieve pokemon data, yet I can get 'into' the GTS, etc. Does anyone have any ideas?

Did you try to mess up the trade coordinates by putting in the code that the pokecheck site suggested? I did the same, and it didn't work for me either. If I were you, I'd drop the whole thing and just ask someone to check it for you. But to do that, you have to change the wifi settings back to normal, if you want the other person to be able to get one of your pokes.

I've got a couple of questions about RNG'ing Dittos in B/W:

First of all I've actually just RNG'd a Ditto with the IV spread I was aiming for (31/31/31/30/30/31) but it wasn't the one in my desired encounter slot and a different nature I was looking for (i.e. it was a different frame). My starting frame was 50 and I believ I hit this one in frame 91. What I'm getting at is I got a Ditto by luck. However, I found in the giant chasm I couldn't use sweet scent and I think this is because of the fog, which was probably advancing my frames too so I walked (I think it was less than 128 steps as I still got my IV spread).

So my questions are 1. (noob question) Are encoutner slots advance useing Chatot pitches? 2. (also probabky a noob question) How do I hit the exact frame I want if the fog advances the weather and I can't use sweet scent?
As far as I know, you can't advance the slots by using chatot cries. I was never able to RNG the Ditto in the giant chasm for the same reason, that if I walked even one step the frame wouldn't be the same that I planned to hit.
Guess I'll also be listening to whoever will answer this question...

Last edited:

Iron Tyrant

Lazy RNGer
All of my problems continued after I changed the settings back to normal, even after deleting and re-entering the wifi setup. I would ask someone to check it for me, but I cannot avoid error 13275 in any circumstance, so I doubt id even be able to send a pokemon for testing.

I know how to get rid of the fog in B/W. Enter the area in the grass and save. Rebood your ds, then advance the calander by one month. Go back into your game and encounter any pokemon in the grass. After doing so, the fog should be gone. Save, restart, and set your date to hit whatever seed you are targeting. When you reload, the fog will still be gone, but after you encounter a pokemon, aka your sweet scent target, it will return. If you power off without saving (wrong timer0), the fog will still be gone when you reload so you can try again.

Last edited:

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
So my questions are 1. (noob question) Are encoutner slots advance useing Chatot pitches? 2. (also probabky a noob question) How do I hit the exact frame I want if the fog advances the weather and I can't use sweet scent?

1. Encounter slots are a part of the PIDRNG. I believe. I do know that Chatot cries advance the PID and the Encounter Slot ties in with natures. I.e., one frame gives a Timid nature, which ties in with an ESV (Encounter Slot Value) 5, while a Naive nature gives an ESV of 3. So yes, ESV is influenced by Chatot cries.

2. There is a very easy way to get rid of the fog. Save the game in the grass area where you plan to RNG. Then, turn your DS off, then on again. When it is on, change the month date on the DS to one month before or one month after (it doesn't matter which). Start the game then (you don't have to worry about hitting your seed) and get in a battle with a wild Pokémon. You can either kill it or run away. The fog should be gone after the battle. Save the game, turn the game off, and then change your time back. Turn the game on and hit your seed (hold buttons and correct time). When you start the game, turn off C-Gear, and the mash X so the Wandering NPCs don't alter the PID Frame. I recommend trying a seed in which the IV Frame is 1. You should then use Sweet Scent. After the battle, the fog will return, so don't save until you get the right Pokémon. Find your starting seed, and then re-hit your seed and Chatot flip to the right PID Frame. Use Sweet Scent and you should succeed. :)

On another note, can someine assist me with my Hidden Grotto problem? It's on the previous page. :)

Rhonder

Hello all, I've just recently started to RNG again, and I have a question regarding the new RNG Reporter. Now when you go to calibrate your DS it has this weird Profile thing that wasn't there when I RNG'd previously. So I was able to get that set up and RNG a flawless Jolly Terrakion in Black 2. That was all good and well so I shut off my lap top, went to go train it, blah blah blah.

However, when I loaded RNG reporter up today to start another RNGing project, it says that my profile wasn't saved for some reason. Also I noticed that it's impossible to exit out of the actual profile window with out all of RNG reporter shutting down as well... So I was wondering if someone could explain to me exactly how the Profile feature works, how to get it to save so I don't have to recalibrate my ds every time I want to RNG, and also if there's a way to close the window after you're done setting up your profile so it's not in the way. Any help would be appreciated :D

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
help! i can't remember if i need to skip some frame to rng a wondercard or not? its been awhile...can someone help me?starting frame the first frame of the starting frame or do i skip the frame?

edit: also for black and white 2 wondercards are they the same as black and white?

um does anyone know? i think my post was accidently missed :/ i haven't rnged in awhile and i forgot thats why im asking...

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
um does anyone know? i think my post was accidently missed :/ i haven't rnged in awhile and i forgot thats why im asking...

What exactly do you mean? Your post isn't very clear on exactly what you need to know.

MSK

Hi All

I need a favour from someone, can someone find my SID for me. I can't use pokecheck as I access wifi from my Nintendo USB and you can't alter the MAC address.
I'm willing to offer a sweetener as a thanks for doing it. (Genesect, Victini, Darkrai or Keldeo RNG'd, although probably everyone here has them already)
If anyone is willing to help please PM me :)

Thanks

Kandayuu

Hi, I'm new to RNG. Recently, I started on my Black 2. I did the calibration according to 5th gen rng method on a specific time e.g.10/12/2012 05:30:25 but end up having 2-3 set of pokemon E.g. Solrock, Piloswine with consistent stat and nature. Is there anything i've done wrong during the calibration? Is it the BW 2 method not finalize? Hope anyone can point out my mistake or guide me. Warmly welcome any links regarding BW2 rng method. Thanks in advance.

MSK

Hi All

Me again, having a few problems. Has anyone else had problems downloading the latest RNG Reporter? I have 9.96 Alpha 15 which I have been RNGing on my Jap Black 2 with. But now I want to start RNGing on my US and UK versions, however I can't seem to find the latest download that actually works??? When I download they keep coming up that it's not a valid WIN32 Application and I saw somewhere that I might need Framework 4.5 but that isn't compatible with my laptop.
Can anyone give me a link to download or offer any solutions to work around.

Thanks

MSK

You can alter the DNS by altering the connection directly on your computer.

How do you do that? I don't really want to mess with my computer, had enough trouble getting it connected to my internet as it was. It's really old and goes wrong a lot when I change things. Think that's why I'm having so much trouble getting the new RNG reporter I think my computer may be too old to handle it :(
So if possible I'd like a nice person to help me out, someone did it for me before on my Black, now I'd like to find the SID for my White.

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
Hi All

I need a favour from someone, can someone find my SID for me. I can't use pokecheck as I access wifi from my Nintendo USB and you can't alter the MAC address.
I'm willing to offer a sweetener as a thanks for doing it. (Genesect, Victini, Darkrai or Keldeo RNG'd, although probably everyone here has them already)
If anyone is willing to help please PM me :)

Thanks

I would love to help you based off of the Victini, but I don't believe you understand exactly how Pokécheck works. The MAC address is console specific and cannot be altered under normal means. In order to connect to Pokécheck, you need to alter your DNS settings. This is not done on your computer. This is done on the DS itself. You can edit the DNS that you connect to in your wireless settings (Pokécheck has a tutorial on the website on how to do this with a DS). This can be easily done and reverted without ruining your connection (that is, unless something goes wrong on your personal side). If it comes to it, I will be very willing to help you. Just let me know. :)

Hi, I'm new to RNG. Recently, I started on my Black 2. I did the calibration according to 5th gen rng method on a specific time e.g.10/12/2012 05:30:25 but end up having 2-3 set of pokemon E.g. Solrock, Piloswine with consistent stat and nature. Is there anything i've done wrong during the calibration? Is it the BW 2 method not finalize? Hope anyone can point out my mistake or guide me. Warmly welcome any links regarding BW2 rng method. Thanks in advance.

You're probably using RNG Reporter, which I am not familiar with, but I can try to assist you as much as I can. Are you using the new method of calibration on BW2 that utilizes the Unova Link feature on the start menu before you load the game? If so, you must make sure you have created a save data before using this method. Other than that, I am going to need to know your exact process in order to attempt to diagnose your problem. :)

MSK

I would love to help you based off of the Victini, but I don't believe you understand exactly how Pokécheck works. The MAC address is console specific and cannot be altered under normal means. In order to connect to Pokécheck, you need to alter your DNS settings. This is not done on your computer. This is done on the DS itself. You can edit the DNS that you connect to in your wireless settings (Pokécheck has a tutorial on the website on how to do this with a DS). This can be easily done and reverted without ruining your connection (that is, unless something goes wrong on your personal side). If it comes to it, I will be very willing to help you. Just let me know. :)

Hi, Yes DNS not MAC, sorry I did know that. That's why I haven't been able to use pokecheck as I connect via the Nintendo USB and you cannot alter the DNS for that, only for connections via a router etc.
So if you are willing to help then I will greatfully offer a flawless Victini in exchange :) PM me and we can sort out details

Thanks

Rhonder

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
Oh, just in case people missed my last post, or are unsure of what I'm talking about, this is the error message I get when trying to exit out of the RNG Profiles screen:

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp39/Neji021/RNGBS.png

Help maybe? ;D

Lol. I honestly don't know. You're better off going on the official RNG Reporter forum. They'll be the best place to ask for diagnostic and troubleshooting. They're a lot more active there, too. Lol. All I can say is that I see "system 32" in the directory of where the computer is trying to communicate to. That worries me because the System 32 files are removed, you basically have a hunk of scrap. But don't worry about this. Lol. I don't 100% understand RNG Reporter, let alone the Windows operating system.

Last edited:

Rhonder

Lol. I honestly don't know. You're better off going on the official RNG Reporter forum. They'll be the best place to ask for diagnostic and troubleshooting. They're a lot more active there, too. Lol. All I can say is that I see "system 32" in the directory of where the computer is trying to communicate to. That worries me because the System 32 files are removed, you basically have a hunk of scrap. But don't worry about this. Lol. I don't 100% understand RNG Reporter, let alone the Windows operating system.

ok haha. Thanks for the reply at least xD I posted both there and here yesterday morning and saw several replies roll in on both threads and my posts were overlooked. Yeah... it just puzzles me because it was working 2 days ago (I was able to do my 2nd successful RNG, Jolly Flawless Terrakion in Black 2) Then yesterday... I started getting this BS... but yeah, I guess I'll wait for a reply over there then. Thanks :3

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
ok haha. Thanks for the reply at least xD I posted both there and here yesterday morning and saw several replies roll in on both threads and my posts were overlooked. Yeah... it just puzzles me because it was working 2 days ago (I was able to do my 2nd successful RNG, Jolly Flawless Terrakion in Black 2) Then yesterday... I started getting this BS... but yeah, I guess I'll wait for a reply over there then. Thanks :3

Only thing I can offer is just to copy down you important info (TID, SID, parameters, and such) and totally deleting RNG Reporter and then reinstalling it. Otherwise, I personally don't know. I'ma Mac kinda guy. Lol.

Rhonder

Only thing I can offer is just to copy down you important info (TID, SID, parameters, and such) and totally deleting RNG Reporter and then reinstalling it. Otherwise, I personally don't know. I'ma Mac kinda guy. Lol.

yeah... I tried reinstalling it, though I deleted the broken one after installing the new one. I guess I'll try doing it in the order you suggested and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll just wait for a reply on the other thread

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
yeah... I tried reinstalling it, though I deleted the broken one after installing the new one. I guess I'll try doing it in the order you suggested and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll just wait for a reply on the other thread

Yeah. Sorry I personally couldn't be of too much help. Keep checking back here to see if anyone ever responds, but again, you're probably going to get a more thorough response on the thread that is the direct official thread of the actual program. Lol. :p

So yeah, everyone. HyperLugia's question still needs answering if anyone knows. :)

Hello all, I've just recently started to RNG again, and I have a question regarding the new RNG Reporter. Now when you go to calibrate your DS it has this weird Profile thing that wasn't there when I RNG'd previously. So I was able to get that set up and RNG a flawless Jolly Terrakion in Black 2. That was all good and well so I shut off my lap top, went to go train it, blah blah blah.

However, when I loaded RNG reporter up today to start another RNGing project, it says that my profile wasn't saved for some reason. Also I noticed that it's impossible to exit out of the actual profile window with out all of RNG reporter shutting down as well... So I was wondering if someone could explain to me exactly how the Profile feature works, how to get it to save so I don't have to recalibrate my ds every time I want to RNG, and also if there's a way to close the window after you're done setting up your profile so it's not in the way. Any help would be appreciated :D