• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
So I have a question.

I just started RNGing, well, I just started today. I've read up on all of the information for quite a while so I understand what's going on. I have the newest version of RNG Reporter too. So, basically whenever I try to find my DS parameters, nothing shows up, even when I plugged in all of the information. Am I doing something wrong?

I RNGed a Perfect (Besides attack) Genesect Modest just fine, but I'm still not having any luck with Reshiram.. Want. White. Kyurem. Is there any unique frame displacement in the tower which could be messing me up? My profile is set to Memory Link and I did click Black White 2? on the main RNG window. I've tried multiple seeds without luck. Once, I actually had the right nature, but the IVs were all wrong.

Also, again I ask, if it's possible with RNG Reporter to use the Shiny Haxorus in the Nature Reserve to find your Secret ID, or if there is a guide somewhere to do it with any shiny in Generation V.

I RNGed a Perfect (Besides attack) Genesect Modest just fine, but I'm still not having any luck with Reshiram.. Want. White. Kyurem. Is there any unique frame displacement in the tower which could be messing me up? My profile is set to Memory Link and I did click Black White 2? on the main RNG window. I've tried multiple seeds without luck. Once, I actually had the right nature, but the IVs were all wrong.

Also, again I ask, if it's possible with RNG Reporter to use the Shiny Haxorus in the Nature Reserve to find your Secret ID, or if there is a guide somewhere to do it with any shiny in Generation V.

You're just hitting the wrong Timer0 if you're getting different IVs. And i don't you can do that with Haxorus, but I don't use RNG Reporter, so I don't know. The easiest way to get your SID is to upload something to Pokecheck.

Ilane

So I have a question.

I just started RNGing, well, I just started today. I've read up on all of the information for quite a while so I understand what's going on. I have the newest version of RNG Reporter too. So, basically whenever I try to find my DS parameters, nothing shows up, even when I plugged in all of the information. Am I doing something wrong?

As for your DS parameters the time you are entering into the RNG Reporter is probably off a little. (this is for version 9.95)

1. Sync your system to an external clock with a second hand
2. Enter all data in the right side (MAC address, system, version etc)
3. In the time place...enter the time of when you START the game
4. Start the game at that specific time and catch a pokemon using sweet scent, DO NOT MOVE (preferably high levelled so kyurem works well)
when you game starts, do NOT hit any buttons except when the shooting star appears...then quickly get into your game, DO NOT ACTIVATE C-GEAR! and rapidly hit the menu button and then use sweet scent and catch a pokemon.
5. Use that pokemon to find the IVs and use that in the parameter finder.
6. Click generate.

If not keep trying...the timing has to be pretty perfect.

DSi's are easier to use than 3DS btw.

Last edited:

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
As for your DS parameters the time you are entering into the RNG Reporter is probably off a little. (this is for version 9.95)

1. Sync your system to an external clock with a second hand
2. Enter all data in the right side (MAC address, system, version etc)
3. In the time place...enter the time of when you START the game
4. Start the game at that specific time and catch a pokemon using sweet scent, DO NOT MOVE (preferably high levelled so kyurem works well)
when you game starts, do NOT hit any buttons except when the shooting star appears...then quickly get into your game, DO NOT ACTIVATE C-GEAR! and rapidly hit the menu button and then use sweet scent and catch a pokemon.
5. Use that pokemon to find the IVs and use that in the parameter finder.
6. Click generate.

If not keep trying...the timing has to be pretty perfect.

DSi's are easier to use than 3DS btw.

I figured it out, thanks for helping me out! I accidentally held down X and L, but it worked nothing less.

Ilane

I figured it out, thanks for helping me out! I accidentally held down X and L, but it worked nothing less.

Ah...yeah I'm too lazy to worry about held buttons. As far as I know, it only really helps with Timer0 and with my luck both Timer0 and RNG Reporter Troll me habitually.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Probably a stupid question. Is there any way to RNG Spinda's spots in any gen?

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival
The spots on Spinda are dictated by the PID. You can use this to find a pattern you like then dig through a lot of PID results to get a match, but that will take a long time. Also I think 5th gen moved the spot areas a little bit.

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
The spots on Spinda are dictated by the PID. You can use this to find a pattern you like then dig through a lot of PID results to get a match, but that will take a long time. Also I think 5th gen moved the spot areas a little bit.

I stand corrected. Lol. Wow. Never would have thought this is possible, but good luck with it. :p

theforgottenwon

I am RNGing my Zekrom in BW2. I have been reading that Timer0 is more of a troll in this game compared to BW1 so that could explain why I am getting really mixed results. Initially the difference for RNGing on my DSi was about 1 second and I have been trying repeatedly for 4 days to RNG this thing but no luck at all. I can't even get the nature right for the initial frame. My Timer0 is C7C... if anyone can offer advice that would be appreciated.

Shadow_Assailant

Success is Bliss
I am RNGing my Zekrom in BW2. I have been reading that Timer0 is more of a troll in this game compared to BW1 so that could explain why I am getting really mixed results. Initially the difference for RNGing on my DSi was about 1 second and I have been trying repeatedly for 4 days to RNG this thing but no luck at all. I can't even get the nature right for the initial frame. My Timer0 is C7C... if anyone can offer advice that would be appreciated.

First off, I thought that delay with a DSi was more than 1 second? I.e., you start 7 seconds earlier rather than 1 second with a DS Phat/Lite.
Secondly, C7C sounds like a BW1 Timer0. My B1 Timer0 is C7C, so yeah...

theforgottenwon

I also read that BW1 RNG and BW2 RNG are the same? So yes, my timer is at C7C because I thought I could use said timer for BW2. Also, there is a 7 second delay for XLs not for DSi. Probably one of the reasons why RNGing is easier on the latter. Can you offer me help rather than patronize my previous post?

I also read that BW1 RNG and BW2 RNG are the same? So yes, my timer is at C7C because I thought I could use said timer for BW2. Also, there is a 7 second delay for XLs not for DSi. Probably one of the reasons why RNGing is easier on the latter. Can you offer me help rather than patronize my previous post?

The concept is the same, not the Timer0's.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
What exactly do you mean? Your post isn't very clear on exactly what you need to know.

for example when you breed you need skip the first 2 or 3 fames i think? from the starting frame it gives you for that to find your starting frame to do chatot flips cuaz what ever you hit after those frames you skip is those first 5 are gunna be your choice of a new starting frame to do you flips to subtract the frame from the frame your hitting...what im asking is for wondercards though im wondering if i have to skip frames from the starting frame it gives me to hit my seed...its been awhile that i rnged so i totally forgot XD

Last edited:
for example when you breed you need skip the first 2 or 3 fames i think? from the starting frame it gives you for that to find your starting frame to do chatot flips cuaz what ever you hit after those frames you skip is those first 5 are gunna be your choice of a new starting frame to do you flips to subtract the frame from the frame your hitting...what im asking is for wondercards though im wondering if i have to skip frames from the starting frame it gives me to hit my seed...its been awhile that i rnged so i totally forgot XD

The frame skips initially because of wandering NPCs. RNG your wondercards like you would for stationary pokemon (except that you would need to select wondercard instead of stationary of course). Just RNG your wondercard pokemon in an wandering NPC-free pokemon center.

Unless you're asking if the wondercard poke has it's own frame like the stationaries - it doesn't, but the act of talking to the delivery man advances the frame by one.

Let's say you're starting frame is 46 and the target frame is 99, do advances until you heard the chatot call for frame 98 and pick up your pokemon. (The deliveryman will bring you to your target)

So: 98-46 = 52 chatot calls.

First off, I thought that delay with a DSi was more than 1 second? I.e., you start 7 seconds earlier rather than 1 second with a DS Phat/Lite.
Secondly, C7C sounds like a BW1 Timer0. My B1 Timer0 is C7C, so yeah...

Your Timer0 number is affected by your system type, like how C7C sounds like the original DS model and numbers like 1105 sound like a 3DS model.

I heard that the 1 second delay is for original DS/ DS Lite models, I don't remember any DSi models having a 1 second delay try using the 7 second delay just in case, I don't have a DSi (and definitely not RNGed on one) so I can take a pinch of salt if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
The frame skips initially because of wandering NPCs. RNG your wondercards like you would for stationary pokemon (except that you would need to select wondercard instead of stationary of course). Just RNG your wondercard pokemon in an wandering NPC-free pokemon center.

Unless you're asking if the wondercard poke has it's own frame like the stationaries - it doesn't, but the act of talking to the delivery man advances the frame by one.

Let's say you're starting frame is 46 and the target frame is 99, do advances until you heard the chatot call for frame 98 and pick up your pokemon. (The deliveryman will bring you to your target)

So: 98-46 = 52 chatot calls.

oh okay yeah asking if i have to skip a frame or two or not thanks so then i do skip at least one for the talk to the guy...thanks...thats all i need i know how to do the rest...

Hey guys,
I just got Black 2, and I want to start off by RNG'ing my SID and TID. I'm using this guide to help me.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=6333
One thing I don't get is that I need my DS parameters, but how am I supposed to get that if I have not started the game yet? The only thing I have is my DS Mac Address...
I'm using version 9.96.1 Beta of the RNG Reporter, so the interface looks different than the guide pictures. Any clarification would be helpful. I have done IVRNG on my Black, but that was a while back.
Thanks!

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival
For now you would just start a game save then get far enough to find your parameters. In the future there will be a way to figure them out without starting a game save.

Btw the latest version of Reporter is 9.96.3 Beta.