• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Pidj

dewey911p

primus inter pares
I thought BW2 actually made breeding easier? I know they made it easier to pass down natures and abilities at least...

They made it easier for the average person to get better results, yes, but the IV generation for eggs is so screwed up that it is impossible to manipulate them via RNGing. For starters, if you collect an egg, hatch it, and than reset with out saving and turn the game on again and repeat the process, you will get the exact same egg. Once that egg is collected and hatched the egg generation process goes through some complex and weird RNG calls that make RNGing the IVs neigh impossible. Throw in several NPCs on the daycare route and BAM the inability to control either RNG is crafted.

Ausgirl

They made it easier for the average person to get better results, yes, but the IV generation for eggs is so screwed up that it is impossible to manipulate them via RNGing. For starters, if you collect an egg, hatch it, and than reset with out saving and turn the game on again and repeat the process, you will get the exact same egg. Once that egg is collected and hatched the egg generation process goes through some complex and weird RNG calls that make RNGing the IVs neigh impossible. Throw in several NPCs on the daycare route and BAM the inability to control either RNG is crafted.

So does this mean that to RNG eggs we have to use BW only? It seems like GF is trying to stamp out RNGers.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
So does this mean that to RNG eggs we have to use BW only? It seems like GF is trying to stamp out RNGers.

Yeah, egg abuse should only, and really can only, be done on B/W.

Don't worry about GF trying to stop RNGing though, there are much simpler things they could have to stop RNGing with out affecting the casual player. Remember, this error stops people from SR for shiny eggs too. At the same time they made it easier to breed a more perfect battle ready pokemon without RNGing it. No more do you have to hope that pokemon with 5 IVs of 31 has the right nature, and a few other things too. It seems like they are trying to close the gap between RNGers and everyone else.

As for stomping out RNGing, well there are easier things they could have done instead of screwing up egg IV generation. Ever try to RNG something in the rain, or with the C-Gear? If they had just put some permanent rain on route 3 (B/W2 apparently doesn;t let you get rid of the weather any more) RNG beeding would have intentionally stayed in B/W. The researchers have said it was a simple error that could have easily been overlooked, so I wouldn;t worry to much about it.

monkeyman192

simply bored
I want to try and do some RNG-ing for shiny legendaries on white 2, so I have had a read of plenty of articles and watched a fair few youtube tutorials, including ones specifically for BW2, but I cannot seem to get any reults for finding my timer0...
I have tried both my ds's (lite and 3DS) and I keep getting 0 results when I do the unova link thing... I was originally trying the method that was used for BW by doing the sweet scent etc, but I could never get any frames that looked anything like what I was aiming for or anything anywhere near it...
All the times and MAC addresses are correct for the unova link and I am holding down no buttons...
I have done plenty of RNG in sapphire/ruby but nothing in 5th gen...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Well, I still haven't RNGed my Reshiram... I've tried, but it's never had the right IVs or Nature. I've never RNGed a Stationary Pokemon before, does talking to Reshiram advance the frame, or something? I'm hitting my seed right, and using Chatots to advance the frame. I click IVs (Standard Seed) as my method, and Stationary Pokemon, on the main window I click Gen 5 PIDRNG and Stationary Pokemon again. I paste my seed, check BW2, and enter my ID/SID. Right now I have on the Time Finder window Min Frame 1 and Max Frame 150. My current seed is Frame 58, (Starting frame 54), 1/01/2012, 13:58:19, Timer0 10F3 (My profile is set to 10F3-10F5). My aim is to get a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Reshiram with a Modest/Timid nature.

Am I not supposed to be using Chatots for this? Is something advancing the frame? This is in White 2, at Dragonspiral Tower, and with an Original DS. Is there a flaw in my method? I've tried so many times its very hard for me to believe that this is just my Timer0.

Bokk

For RNGing a shiny growlithe in grass with specific IVs do I use the PIDrng method or the IVs (standard seed) method in the time finder? Sorry for so many questions, I've never RNGed Pokemon in tall grass before.

erox

Lol well atleast now I know why I wasn't able to rng the egg I wanted in black 2. This makes things more complicated :/

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Well, I still haven't RNGed my Reshiram... I've tried, but it's never had the right IVs or Nature. I've never RNGed a Stationary Pokemon before, does talking to Reshiram advance the frame, or something? I'm hitting my seed right, and using Chatots to advance the frame. I click IVs (Standard Seed) as my method, and Stationary Pokemon, on the main window I click Gen 5 PIDRNG and Stationary Pokemon again. I paste my seed, check BW2, and enter my ID/SID. Right now I have on the Time Finder window Min Frame 1 and Max Frame 150. My current seed is Frame 58, (Starting frame 54), 1/01/2012, 13:58:19, Timer0 10F3 (My profile is set to 10F3-10F5). My aim is to get a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Reshiram with a Modest/Timid nature.

Am I not supposed to be using Chatots for this? Is something advancing the frame? This is in White 2, at Dragonspiral Tower, and with an Original DS. Is there a flaw in my method? I've tried so many times its very hard for me to believe that this is just my Timer0.

With 6+ Timer0s to hit, you shouldn't write that possibility off so quick. I spent 2 days one time hitting my other Timer0 value with 95% accuracy, and that was on White version with only 2 values, imagine the horror that 6 Timer0s can bring. It really hasn't been that bad for B/W2 though, not for me personally and not for others I hear from as well. Sure, on occasion people get a seed that is particularly obnoxious and takes hours or even a few days to hit, but for the most part it hasn't been much more difficult than B/W.

With that being said though, your issue is most definitely something else.

Right now I have on the Time Finder window Min Frame 1 and Max Frame 150. My current seed is Frame 58

Bingo! In Time Finder, under the capture tab, the Min/Max boxes are referring to IV frames. Right now you are using an IV frame of 58, which means you would need to advance the IV frame by 57, which is going to take WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to long to even bother attempting. Set the Min/Max boxes to 1 and just find a seed on IV frame 1. From there you seem to have the process down just fine. By using an IV frame of 1 you will only need to advance the PIDRNG which is just chatot flips. Since Reshiram cannot be shiny than all you are aiming for is the right nature, so grab a sync, verify the seed with a few chatot flips, and you should get it within no time at all.

Do note though, you need to stop 1 PID frame before your target. So if your aiming for a PID frame of 60, make sure to stop on 59 as initiating the battle will advance the PIDRNG by 1.

For RNGing a shiny growlithe in grass with specific IVs do I use the PIDrng method or the IVs (standard seed) method in the time finder? Sorry for so many questions, I've never RNGed Pokemon in tall grass before.

You would first find the IV frame in time finder, it is best to use an IV frame of 1. There is also an option to search for nearby shiny spreads (a little check box on the right side of time finder), check that and put in the highest PID frame you are willing to go to. Personally I do 1000, but if you don;t want to do more than 500 chatot flips, or even 300, put that number there instead. Just remember, the higher the number the more results. When you go to RNG the pokemon, you would select Gen 5 PIDRNG in the main window and wild pokemon. From there just hit your seed, verify with chatot pitches, and flip away until you get to your frame.

Bokk

You would first find the IV frame in time finder, it is best to use an IV frame of 1. There is also an option to search for nearby shiny spreads (a little check box on the right side of time finder), check that and put in the highest PID frame you are willing to go to. Personally I do 1000, but if you don;t want to do more than 500 chatot flips, or even 300, put that number there instead. Just remember, the higher the number the more results. When you go to RNG the pokemon, you would select Gen 5 PIDRNG in the main window and wild pokemon. From there just hit your seed, verify with chatot pitches, and flip away until you get to your frame.

Thank you! Fortunately, I found my DS lite and my Pokemon Black. I guess I can do eggs once again.

Black Inc.

No pasa nada.
Has anyone RNGed their starter for Black 2? If so, how did you hit the right PID frame? I know I have to advance the PID by saving like I did in Black, but I am having trouble consistently hitting the right timer0. If I do the correct number of advances but hit the wrong timer0, won't the WNPCs be in a different position when I have to start over? So will that mean the initial frame is different every time? Any help is appreciated.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Has anyone RNGed their starter for Black 2? If so, how did you hit the right PID frame? I know I have to advance the PID by saving like I did in Black, but I am having trouble consistently hitting the right timer0. If I do the correct number of advances but hit the wrong timer0, won't the WNPCs be in a different position when I have to start over? So will that mean the initial frame is different every time? Any help is appreciated.

RNGing the starters is a complete waste of time as they all benefit from at least one egg move. Aside from that, there are several NPCs in the area and no way to control your frame or verify if you hit the right seed. I can't really give you any tips on how to go about doing this since you cannot stop the NPCs, verify your seed, or control your frame, I would just recommend breeding the starter in B/W and transfer it over

MSK

Hi Guys

Looking for someone to do me a favour. I need someone to find my SID on White 2, I can't use pokecheck as I connect via the Nintendo USB and don't have a fixed IP address.
I did have someone who said they'd help but they let me down :( I can offer event's or RNG breeds although most of you can probably do these already so I'm basically throwing myself upon your mercy :)

CodyBernheisel

So im doing bw2 entralink rng I do all the steps right for the rng but my timefinder's IV's Dont match the auctual IV's I get when I hit the seed. Im going for 31/x/31/31/31/31 but it ends up something like 31/31/31/31/x/x Anyone know a fix?

MoonRaker

Fairly new to this thread but i have a few questions about rng egg abuse...
1) Can egg abuse be done on black2, white2 and is it done in the same way as black and white? (iknow the option is rng is there but not sure if it works in the same way)
2) Is it a necessity to you use two flawless parents in the day care when rng-ing for egg abuse or can you use for example one flawless male and a random female of the desired nature? I am confused because i know it says to use two flawless parents but is this a necessity or is it used to simply get a larger pool of desired results in rng.?

Fairly new to this thread but i have a few questions about rng egg abuse...
1) Can egg abuse be done on black2, white2 and is it done in the same way as black and white? (iknow the option is rng is there but not sure if it works in the same way)
2) Is it a necessity to you use two flawless parents in the day care when rng-ing for egg abuse or can you use for example one flawless male and a random female of the desired nature? I am confused because i know it says to use two flawless parents but is this a necessity or is it used to simply get a larger pool of desired results in rng.?

Egg abuse cannot be done on BW2 since the game's coding for the first egg got bungled up, two flawless parents are recommended for better results, but having only one is fine.

Egg abuse cannot be done on BW2 since the game's coding for the first egg got bungled up, two flawless parents are recommended for better results, but having only one is fine.

To expand on this, as long as you've got at least one parent with 3 31 IVs, it doesn't matter what the other ones is. It just helps a ton to have flawless parents, because it makes finding seeds so much easier.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Hi Guys

Looking for someone to do me a favour. I need someone to find my SID on White 2, I can't use pokecheck as I connect via the Nintendo USB and don't have a fixed IP address.
I did have someone who said they'd help but they let me down :( I can offer event's or RNG breeds although most of you can probably do these already so I'm basically throwing myself upon your mercy :)

Are you able to upload battle videos to wifi? If you can, just do like I suggested to Luann, and type the video ID number of one of your battles into Pokecheck's Vs. Player. That will tell you all the information on the pokemon used in the battle. SID's listed next to the trainer ID if I remember correctly. No need to actually connect to Pokecheck.