• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

MSK

Are you able to upload battle videos to wifi? If you can, just do like I suggested to Luann, and type the video ID number of one of your battles into Pokecheck's Vs. Player. That will tell you all the information on the pokemon used in the battle. SID's listed next to the trainer ID if I remember correctly. No need to actually connect to Pokecheck.

Hmm not sure, is that the battle video's from the subway? How do you upload them to Wifi is it in game?

MSK

Thanks guys :) Just did it, now I can do that for all my games!! Brilliant :)

Black Inc.

No pasa nada.
I just successfully finished RNGing my starter for Black 2! It's a flawless shiny Snivy with an Adamant nature. My target frame was 118, so to keep track of the PID frame due to all the NPCs, I counted intervals of 5 seconds after the season screen disappeared and found the PID frame I was on using the nature. I eventually had to count 43 seconds until I pressed A in front of Bianca. It was definitely a lot more tricky than it was in Black Version, but now my Snivy will actually be helpful on my in-game team.

MSK

Hey all

I have a question regarding the Lati@s. When are the IV's etc set on BW2? I want to RNG them but need to know how? Do you need to do it as soon as you enter the dreamyard or can you RNG them when they stop? If someone can give me a guide or an explanation I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks :)

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Hey all

I have a question regarding the Lati@s. When are the IV's etc set on BW2? I want to RNG them but need to know how? Do you need to do it as soon as you enter the dreamyard or can you RNG them when they stop? If someone can give me a guide or an explanation I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks :)

Standard Stationary RNG. Save 1 step before initiating the battle and RNG like you normally would, when you do the right number of flips close the window and quickly take the last step to start the battle. There is 1 NPC in the Dream Yard that can screw with your frame, but if you are fast enough he won't be a problem at all. Just make sure to note his presence as it will affect your SSF.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Hey all

If I'm correct they are set upon encounter (meaning whatever seed your on is the IVs you get)
Don't quote me on this as I only have B/W & HG/SS experience. HAven't gotten around to RNGing anything in B2/W2 yet. Not enough time on my hands lately. It is quite the same I've heard, just more Timer0 fluctuation (damnit)

gamer_legend

If I'm correct they are set upon encounter (meaning whatever seed your on is the IVs you get)
Don't quote me on this as I only have B/W & HG/SS experience. HAven't gotten around to RNGing anything in B2/W2 yet. Not enough time on my hands lately. It is quite the same I've heard, just more Timer0 fluctuation (damnit)

If it helps when you kill it, if you beat the Elite 4 and the game restarts it'll appear back in the dream yard with different IV's

MSK

Standard Stationary RNG. Save 1 step before initiating the battle and RNG like you normally would, when you do the right number of flips close the window and quickly take the last step to start the battle. There is 1 NPC in the Dream Yard that can screw with your frame, but if you are fast enough he won't be a problem at all. Just make sure to note his presence as it will affect your SSF.

Thanks Dewey, I'll remember the 1 step. Not enjoying BW2 RNGing at the moment as keep getting trolled massively by my timers which is annoying after 2-300 chatot flips :(

Edit!!! Finally caught my shiny calm Uxie after 3 days of trying, those darn NPC's I kept hitting the 2 frames either side of the one I wanted which was exceptionally annoying when I was only differing my flips by 1 each time, didn't think I was ever gonna hit the middle one!! lol
So can anyone tell me are there a lot of NPC's on the route where I catch Azelf?

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Finally got my DSs to connect to my Router again. Now I can find out my SIDs for B2/W2.
Here's to some RNGs coming from me in the near future

SakuraLatias

Objection!
Thanks Dewey, I'll remember the 1 step. Not enjoying BW2 RNGing at the moment as keep getting trolled massively by my timers which is annoying after 2-300 chatot flips :(

Edit!!! Finally caught my shiny calm Uxie after 3 days of trying, those darn NPC's I kept hitting the 2 frames either side of the one I wanted which was exceptionally annoying when I was only differing my flips by 1 each time, didn't think I was ever gonna hit the middle one!! lol
So can anyone tell me are there a lot of NPC's on the route where I catch Azelf?

IIRC, there are no WNPC's in Route 23 where Azelf is.

Question: I know that the Dream Radar isn't supported the RNG Reporter. Does anyone have a link to Bug Catching Contest RNG Abuse Guide in HG/SS? PM me.

EDIT 2: Never mind. I found it!

Last edited:

Thimerit

How is it possible that when using InfraRed to connect my BW2 to BW (and trying to trade) it doesn't work in some way.

What happens is, I use IR to connect, the devices locate eachother and then it says to wait until they have connected. Yes, the DS (and 3DS) are facing eachother. It just doesn't launch the actual trading, fighting, whatsoever. It sort of freezes when it asks you to wait a few moments.

How is it possible that when using InfraRed to connect my BW2 to BW (and trying to trade) it doesn't work in some way.

What happens is, I use IR to connect, the devices locate eachother and then it says to wait until they have connected. Yes, the DS (and 3DS) are facing eachother. It just doesn't launch the actual trading, fighting, whatsoever. It sort of freezes when it asks you to wait a few moments.

this has nothing to do with RNG abuse...

salamentic

I am a newbie here so I wanted to ask a question.I was RNGing for a flawless shiny volcarona. On time finder the frame was 1 and the PIDRNG was 50.so I saved 4times in front of volcarona(since my initial frame was 46)and then I started battling it.No shiny and wrong IVs too.please help

P.S-my timer0 does fluctuate

salamentic

yep I did find it.Im using bblack 2 and I read about timer0 is famous trolls(lol),So then how do I get my pokemon then since my timer 0 is not stable

Just keep trying at it. Unfortunately there isn't really anything else you can do, although the DS model you're using has a slight impact on the number of Timer0's you get (DS Phat/Lite generally only have 5-6).

Ausgirl

Hi guys I'm still trying to figure out how to RNG. At the moment I'm trying to RNG a shiny Cobalion. Anyway I'm still really confused about the process involved in advancing frames etc. Looking at the screen below it says that the Target Frame is on 264 and the shiny frame is on 193. According to the guide I looked at I'm supposed to calculate the following:

(Target frame) -(Initial frame) -(Starting frame) +1 =Advances required.

The only problem is that I'm having trouble trying to identify the initial frame and the starting frame. I understand that the +1 is referring to the results in the collaboration process -I'm currently using a dslite and I got the same result.

Here's a screen shot which displays the target frame I want to hit:

salamentic

I have been trying a lot for that volcarona and even did des parameters twice.But yet I'm not getting it so please see I'd this is the correct way of doing it.
1.I searched for the I'VE frame for 31 in speed and sp.attack
2.I searched for the pPIDRNG frame of frame 54 and starting frame calculated by the reporter as 50.
3.I did it T the correct time and started
4.It did not come shiny after 4 chatot flips.
5.I tried again for the IVs,even then it didn't come

P.S-I'm using a 3ds

Plz help me

3DS has an eight second delay, so you've got to start the game eight seconds earlier than the one listed. Finally, 3DS has the most variables for parameters of any DS type. Also, you'll need to find you parameters more than twice. I recommend about twenty times.