• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Ausgirl

I need to clarify something.

I decided to go after Volcarona in B2 and I found a seed with a target frame 133 and a shiny frame on 62. The main window says the starting frame is on 58. This gives me the following calculation 133-58=75. Which means that I don't need to do any advancements for my IVs since the game always starts on frame 1? so I just have to go straight into my menu and listen to 62 custom chatots and then activate the battle?

Last edited:

Sephiroth.or

Hi!
I just started to RNGing Pokemon, I spent various hours but I can't do it yet...

1. I want a Timid Keldeo and I'm using a 3DS XL... is this a problem? (the XL)
2. About the same... In 3DS XL should I press A to load the game "in the exact second" or "one second before" (I saw this was common in DS consoles)?
3. When I calibrated the RNG Report I generated like 6 different seeds and I got different results...
Timer0 = 12BB (x4), 12BC (x2) << So, I'm using a range [12BB,12BC] in my profile, and I give priority to 12BB seeds.
Actual Seconds = 7 (x4), 8 (x2) << I haven't read this happens, so... Did I do something wrong?
4. If my Actual seconds were "7" and, for example, my result is "12-24-12 18:00:28"... I have to Press A at "18:00:21" right?

Thanks in advance.
Regards!

StoneyPikachu

The Highest Trainer
3ds is confusing. the delay is always 8 seconds. do you have a DS-lite? its so much easier

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
hey guys im think about setting up my white 2 version to rng the stationarys and stuff besides breeding...got two question...now if i want to, do i have to set my peremiters the same way as black and white 1? and if i do is there anything different i have to do from black and white 1? this is all i need to know...i have rnged before in black and white 1...just want to see if there are any changes i have to do in the newer version...

hey guys im think about setting up my white 2 version to rng the stationarys and stuff besides breeding...got two question...now if i want to, do i have to set my peremiters the same way as black and white 1? and if i do is there anything different i have to do from black and white 1? this is all i need to know...i have rnged before in black and white 1...just want to see if there are any changes i have to do in the newer version...

If you can use PPRNG, you can (and should) use the Unova Link to find your parameters. If not, then yes, you have to use the same method as BW1.

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
I have a question. I know that egg RNG cannot be done in BW2. But is it possible to RNG the egg in BW1, trade it into BW2, and still hatch it with the desired IVs but the ID you have in BW2? Or no? Just curious.

I have a question. I know that egg RNG cannot be done in BW2. But is it possible to RNG the egg in BW1, trade it into BW2, and still hatch it with the desired IVs but the ID you have in BW2? Or no? Just curious.

Perfectly possible. If you want it to hatch shiny, use non-international parents, and used your BW2 TID/SID.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
If you can use PPRNG, you can (and should) use the Unova Link to find your parameters. If not, then yes, you have to use the same method as BW1.

alright thanks no i can't use PPRNG...so ill be doing it the same way then as BW1 thank you...

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
RNG Reporter 9.96.5 can do Unova Link parameters.

im very unfamilar with unova links? what is it...i haven't rng in awhile...is this new to the game? also someone was telling me i have to calaberate alot for it? is this true since the timer 0 is off..i thought thats only for breeding...i just want to do legendaries...

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Started RNGing in B2/W2 and holy **** my timer0s

During calibration I've always kept my game on 12/26/12, and boot the game at 9:15:30 for every calibration phase. I've done about 15 of those and came up with 10 of those results being the same 2 timer0s. (5 being 1678 and 5 being 167A, I am using a 3DS btw) the rest were odd timer0s that i randomly got
I turn to RNG my first poke (Timid Flawless Genesect) and holy hell
It took me 20 tries to even hit my timer0. Then for some reason my frames were off by 3 so I had to take another 3 tries to hit it again. I know the first 20 tries were all different Timer0s because of their IVs.
jesus christ mannnnnn. I did my brothers genesect(s) and it didn't take THIS long.

But to ask/say something relevant, I've noticed something. I've done this on my brothers 3DS and mine, and my frames on any given seed are always off by 2 or 3 frames (I've had one where it was off by 4). Why is this? It especially happens during Wondercard RNGing but it happened when I was attempting to do a Shiny Modest Flawless Heatran for my brother. Can anyone explain this?

im very unfamilar with unova links? what is it...i haven't rng in awhile...is this new to the game? also someone was telling me i have to calaberate alot for it? is this true since the timer 0 is off..i thought thats only for breeding...i just want to do legendaries...

BW2 only, yup. It allows for fast(er-ish) parameter checking, you just start up the game, noting date and time -> Unova Link -> Key System -> Send and Receive Keys -> Yes to the Launch communications prompt -> Note the starting position of the spinner -> Get the spinner position 9 more times (RNGR has up to 15 spots for arrows but 10 is enough per parameter check) -> Search, do this enough times until you feel you've narrowed down which of the many Timer0s is the most common.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
BW2 only, yup. It allows for fast(er-ish) parameter checking, you just start up the game, noting date and time -> Unova Link -> Key System -> Send and Receive Keys -> Yes to the Launch communications prompt -> Note the starting position of the spinner -> Get the spinner position 9 more times (RNGR has up to 15 spots for arrows but 10 is enough per parameter check) -> Search, do this enough times until you feel you've narrowed down which of the many Timer0s is the most common.

thanks so this would be alot easier then normally doing what i do for bw1 since the timer0 is crazy in the newer game? and when i do this how would i know what to plug in for the reporter to know when and what time to hit my seed to get my timer correct and i will hit my seed no problem? sorry this part is all new to me...i haven't rnged in months and trying to get back into it...i do remember the perimeter search thing normally im just confused what to plug in in the perimeter section after to doing this....

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Did some RNG's yesterday (will post them to the Discuss my Poke thread later) and read up on Dream Radar RNGing

Turns out there's no trial and error for Dream Radar RNGing. So if you fail to hit your seed or fail to hit your frame, you can't reset and try again. Which sounds like a pain in the ***.

So is it worth RNGing the legends that come out of the Dream Radar?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Turns out there's no trial and error for Dream Radar RNGing. So if you fail to hit your seed or fail to hit your frame, you can't reset and try again. Which sounds like a pain in the ***.

Actually, there is. To verify and advance your seed, there is a spinning pointer at the bottom of the screen. By noting the starting position of this pointer, you can easily tell if you hit your seed or not There are 8 possible positions the spinner can be in so if you match only a few you can be pretty confident you hit your seed. From there you just advance to your frame and keep verifying.

Also, and this is something I recommend doing, you can RNG a random pokemon from the DR before you RNG your target. Say you want to RNG the Lugia, you could first RNG a Riolu using the same spread. If you get the right spread for Riolu, just do the exact same thing for Lugia.

The process may seem complicated at first, but it is really easy once you get the hang of it. The hardest part is the math, and that is simple addition and subtraction, so as long as you can handle first grade math, you can count, and you don't rush into it and get careless, there is virtually no room for error.

Also be sure to not that the Genies have a separate generation method. They are considered a slot 2 pokemon so the starting IV frame is different and you need to add 5 to the starting PID frame as well. Again though, just RNG a slot two pokemon (have at least 2 pokemon ready to transfer and try to RNG the second one instead of the first one) to verify your spread is right and everything will be fine.

So is it worth RNGing the legends that come out of the Dream Radar?

Is Multiscales Lugia, Regenerator Ho-oh and the Genies worth it? Well that is a matter of opinion I guess, but I RNGed two sets of them myself (had to delete the app and my B2 save just to get them at lvl 5 too) and they are pretty cool IMO. As an added bonus, DR abuse is WAAAAAAAAY easier than entree forest abuse.

Since this is coming up and since RNGR still hasn't added support in yet, this guide might be a great help to those wishing to RNG the DR but don't have a Mac. I used that guide to learn DR abuse and I found it easy and straightforward. All credit for that guide goes to RNGer Aaron of Smogon who wrote it in its entirety after figuring out the process himself from Chiizu's research notes and trial and error. Hew is also my new found hero!

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Actually, there is. To verify and advance your seed, there is a spinning pointer at the bottom of the screen. By noting the starting position of this pointer, you can easily tell if you hit your seed or not There are 8 possible positions the spinner can be in so if you match only a few you can be pretty confident you hit your seed. From there you just advance to your frame and keep verifying.

Also, and this is something I recommend doing, you can RNG a random pokemon from the DR before you RNG your target. Say you want to RNG the Lugia, you could first RNG a Riolu using the same spread. If you get the right spread for Riolu, just do the exact same thing for Lugia.

The process may seem complicated at first, but it is really easy once you get the hang of it. The hardest part is the math, and that is simple addition and subtraction, so as long as you can handle first grade math, you can count, and you don't rush into it and get careless, there is virtually no room for error.

Also be sure to not that the Genies have a separate generation method. They are considered a slot 2 pokemon so the starting IV frame is different and you need to add 5 to the starting PID frame as well. Again though, just RNG a slot two pokemon (have at least 2 pokemon ready to transfer and try to RNG the second one instead of the first one) to verify your spread is right and everything will be fine.

Is Multiscales Lugia, Regenerator Ho-oh and the Genies worth it? Well that is a matter of opinion I guess, but I RNGed two sets of them myself (had to delete the app and my B2 save just to get them at lvl 5 too) and they are pretty cool IMO. As an added bonus, DR abuse is WAAAAAAAAY easier than entree forest abuse.

Since this is coming up and since RNGR still hasn't added support in yet, this guide might be a great help to those wishing to RNG the DR but don't have a Mac. I used that guide to learn DR abuse and I found it easy and straightforward. All credit for that guide goes to RNGer Aaron of Smogon who wrote it in its entirety after figuring out the process himself from Chiizu's research notes and trial and error. Hew is also my new found hero!

Didn't know all of that. Now it seems much more appealing to try. Thanks Dewey!

But I'm gonna hold DR RNGing off until I do everything else in B2/W2. I'm not in too big of a rush ll

Kyurem1515

Keen Shiny Hunter
So I tried RNG'ing in my White copy today for a random encounter druddigon and was successful up to the point of finding the seed. After I found it I thought I found the frames I needed to advance the game I tried by switching between Chatots then using sweet scent but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help?

StoneyPikachu

The Highest Trainer
How would i know what you're doing wrong it could be a million things here. are you using chatot pitch to confirm seed? i find it easiest to find something with a decent amount of advances, it's easier to hear a chatot burp. i don't advance my frames unless I hear the chatot burps are exactly correct as they say on the reporter. if they sound off, try again. you could have hit the seed, and done the correct amount of frame advancement, but you could have just been trolled by the timer0, which happens all the time.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
So I tried RNG'ing in my White copy today for a random encounter druddigon and was successful up to the point of finding the seed. After I found it I thought I found the frames I needed to advance the game I tried by switching between Chatots then using sweet scent but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help?

im a bit confused what your asking? what do you mean no avail?