• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

riddame

okay guys, hit another wall in my quest of learning to rng
i already got a shiny litwick with good iv's and now i am trying to get a flawless ditto, the thing is on the rng reporter time finder i cannot find not even one with flawless iv's, i thinks it is related with that min/max frame, can someone explain that to me? or make a really fast step by step on how to get a flawless ditto.
i thank so much in advance, and would love if someone could help me here

edit: oh, by the way, my game is pokemon black

Last edited:
okay guys, hit another wall in my quest of learning to rng
i already got a shiny litwick with good iv's and now i am trying to get a flawless ditto, the thing is on the rng reporter time finder i cannot find not even one with flawless iv's, i thinks it is related with that min/max frame, can someone explain that to me? or make a really fast step by step on how to get a flawless ditto.
i thank so much in advance, and would love if someone could help me here

edit: oh, by the way, my game is pokemon black

Set the min/max frames to 1/1 when searching for flawless wild seeds it will take awhile to find, in fact when I searched through 2000-2099 I only ended up finding around four or five spreads. If you don't want to bother searching through numerous years, set your max frame to 6 and start searching (but usually if you're persistant with searching you shouldn't have to do that).

Ausgirl

Honestly it's not worth RNGing your TID/SID in B/W/B2/W2. Yes, you can get a spread low frame and shiny, but its only really useful in the 4th gen games.

If you really want to though there are some guides on smogon regarding it.

Why is it more useful with the 4th gen games?

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Why is it more useful with the 4th gen games?

In 4th Gen games it allows you to get certain spread groups shiny
There's a huge Excel sheet full of spread groups that if you RNG'ed their PIDs to become shiny (via TID/SID manipulation) you can get them shiny at low frames.
Without TID/SID manipulation you get lack luster shiny spreads in the 4th gen games. You'd have to go for ridiculously high frames to find reasonable shiny spreads. So its easier to just abuse for your TID/SID combo on 4th Gen games.

Its also useable on dead battery Ruby & Sapphire. You can get Groudon and Kyogre low leveled and shiny. But this is only recommended if you intend on using them on the now defunct (not relaly defunct but pointless) 2010 VGC metagame. Still could be a fun thing to do if your bored with RNGing lol

RNG_Reporter

All my RNG pokemon are basically shiny.. for the most part. Just because I know its harder to get them in RNG than non-shiny.

But when i want to use Pokemon in an in-game run/team... I hate using shinies.. because they just look so weird. Lol.

Am I the only one?

Also.. if anyone has a few non-shiny RNG'd pokemon.. I am willing to trade you their shiny version for them. Yes, correctly RNGd.

Looking for Multi-Scale Dratini, Adamant, nonshiny.. with quality IVs [mine are all 31 except for spatk i believe]

Looking for Impish Gligar, nonshiny, good IVs.. I have the dream world version, shiny, impish.

Looking for Eevee with Timid or Bold [for vaporeon and espeon], DW or not, With quality IVs and egg moves of Wish. Mine are shiny and DW.

Okay.. thanks.

I would post this in trade chats and whatnot.. but not many do RNG. This is specific.

All my RNG pokemon are basically shiny.. for the most part. Just because I know its harder to get them in RNG than non-shiny.

But when i want to use Pokemon in an in-game run/team... I hate using shinies.. because they just look so weird. Lol.

Am I the only one?

Also.. if anyone has a few non-shiny RNG'd pokemon.. I am willing to trade you their shiny version for them. Yes, correctly RNGd.

Looking for Multi-Scale Dratini, Adamant, nonshiny.. with quality IVs [mine are all 31 except for spatk i believe]

Looking for Impish Gligar, nonshiny, good IVs.. I have the dream world version, shiny, impish.

Looking for Eevee with Timid or Bold [for vaporeon and espeon], DW or not, With quality IVs and egg moves of Wish. Mine are shiny and DW.

Okay.. thanks.

I would post this in trade chats and whatnot.. but not many do RNG. This is specific.

What are you talking about? You can find more results for non-shiny variants than shiny variants, you would see that in the Timefinder if you have done some RNGs. Besides you could've posted your offers in the RNG trading thread specific or not.

RNG_Reporter

I don't RNG anymore. I'm aware of the mechanics and what results show up.

So really..what are you talking about?

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I don't RNG anymore. I'm aware of the mechanics and what results show up.

So really..what are you talking about?

You can RNG Non-shiny variants in B/W/W2/B2 or in any game
Its just easier to do shiny because its easier to confirm your seed

For real though, you can RNG non shiny flawless pokemon. There's no reason to "quit RNGing".

KuzKan

Hey guys, ltely i've been wanting to RNG a few flawless shiny dittos but i cant seem to find any seed, and i mean... no seeds at all!
I've searched trhough different years and months, with none to three key presses up to 1000 shiny max frames and nothing...
So... i decide i would RNG my TID/SID so i coul get them easily but the problem is that i remember reading omewhere that it wouldnt work on genderless pokemon on Gen4.
Is it the same on Gen5 or i can use that same seed to catch the dittos like i would do it for pokemons with a normal gender?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Hey guys, ltely i've been wanting to RNG a few flawless shiny dittos but i cant seem to find any seed, and i mean... no seeds at all!
I've searched trhough different years and months, with none to three key presses up to 1000 shiny max frames and nothing...
So... i decide i would RNG my TID/SID so i coul get them easily but the problem is that i remember reading omewhere that it wouldnt work on genderless pokemon on Gen4.
Is it the same on Gen5 or i can use that same seed to catch the dittos like i would do it for pokemons with a normal gender?

You seem to be confusing a few different mechanics here. First, finding shiny seeds for any spread can take awhile so searching 40-50 years may be all you need to do (takes for ever, I know, but you will find a seed eventually). As for RNGing your ID, that isn't necessary, but if you want to start over and do so then that is fine. In gen 4, ID abuse was mandatory if you wanted a decent shiny spread but that has nothing to do with gender. ID abuse makes a certain PID shiny but that has nothing to do with gender either. If you want to abuse your ID for a hex-flawless seed with a low syncable frame then that is fine, the gender, or lack thereof, will not affect this. The only time gender comes into play is for Cute Charm RNGs.

KuzKan

You seem to be confusing a few different mechanics here. First, finding shiny seeds for any spread can take awhile so searching 40-50 years may be all you need to do (takes for ever, I know, but you will find a seed eventually). As for RNGing your ID, that isn't necessary, but if you want to start over and do so then that is fine. In gen 4, ID abuse was mandatory if you wanted a decent shiny spread but that has nothing to do with gender. ID abuse makes a certain PID shiny but that has nothing to do with gender either. If you want to abuse your ID for a hex-flawless seed with a low syncable frame then that is fine, the gender, or lack thereof, will not affect this. The only time gender comes into play is for Cute Charm RNGs.

yeah i know that is possible to find them if i look even harder but the problem is my computer, it cant handle larger searches than the ones im doing, thats why i RNGed my TID and SID so i dont have to crash everything while looking for good spreads.
Thank you alot for your reply, i guess i missread or something when i was searching about it x)

just one more thing... everytime i want a shiny with that spread i simply use the date of that specific seed and advance the PID to the number i RNGed and its all done right?
I chose a PID with slot 3 on frame 100 just for dittos really so i really want this to work xD

Once again, thank you dewey911p

JammyBurger

i choose agumon
Ugh... Those chatot pitches are so troll. The things that sound like lows are actually mediums, etc.
And the time finder is slowly killing me computer...:p

They're not that bad, pay attention to the numbers more as they give it away easier. The higher the number, the higher the pitch.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Oi, quick question, is the new version of RNG Reporter compatible with a Windows 8 OS? Or is it strictly the Windows 7 OS, nothing more, nothing less?