• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

KuzKan

The everstone gotta be holded by the mother, not the father,
A while ago i equipped it to the father by mistake and it drove me crazy cuz i thought i couldnt hit my seed or was misscounting the pitches and as soon as i changed the holder i got the right egg right away

Nikator

RnG- The Masterpiece
Thanks, I've been driving myself crazy but didn't want to read every tutorial and start RNG'ing from scratch again!

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival
The everstone gotta be holded by the mother, not the father,
A while ago i equipped it to the father by mistake and it drove me crazy cuz i thought i couldnt hit my seed or was misscounting the pitches and as soon as i changed the holder i got the right egg right away

False. Everstone can be held by either parent from HG/SS onwards.

Nikator

RnG- The Masterpiece
Yeah i'm still having no luck. Is it definitely International breeding? Though the Jolteon is italian owned its name is the same.

KuzKan

False. Everstone can be held by either parent from HG/SS onwards.

Yeah but he wants to pass down the DW ability, iirc it needs to be held by the mother
Either way i just thought it could be the case since that happened to me and when i did that it worked...

Last edited:

Nikator

RnG- The Masterpiece
Never mind, got it! Assume I was just being an idiot. Maybe i'd better go back and check my Timer0 isn't fluctuating..

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
I am reposting this due to the fairly many people simply ignoring a damsel in distress lol XD jk, but yeah, please don't ignore me. I'm so lonely XD jk. "Oi, quick question, is the new version of RNG Reporter compatible with a Windows 8 OS? Or is it strictly the Windows 7 OS, nothing more, nothing less?"

Oi, quick question, is the new version of RNG Reporter compatible with a Windows 8 OS? Or is it strictly the Windows 7 OS, nothing more, nothing less?

I am reposting this due to the fairly many people simply ignoring a damsel in distress lol XD jk, but yeah, please don't ignore me. I'm so lonely XD jk. "Oi, quick question, is the new version of RNG Reporter compatible with a Windows 8 OS? Or is it strictly the Windows 7 OS, nothing more, nothing less?"

If it's compatible with W7, why wouldn't it be compatible with W8?

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival

I use it on Windows 8.

slyye23

Hello, I'have been trying to do some rng with black 1 and black 2. For the first one, i got my timer0 in like 3 times and i tested it with random encounter and it worked.
But for BW2 i can't get one, i've been resetting the game more than 50 times, different zones with no npc but i get like more than 15 differents timer0, some with 1s delay, 3s delay and even 9s delay. i'm always starting the game the same second.
Isn't there a way to find the right one?
Also, why is that high level pokemon like level 55 Sawsbuck in dragonspiral tower never gives a seed ? I wanted to find high level pokemon to reduce the number of seeds but they never give one.
What's the best place to sweet scent to get a good seed?

thanks

MSK

Aargh why is Entralink RNGing so damn frustrating. Trying to RNG one of the Arceus I picked up in the event ages ago. Found myself a lovely seed, have got my EONTimer set up perfectly, I can hit the correct second every time. But I keep missing my frame by one or two every time.
I actually did hit it once but the nature was useless, then the next time got a decent nature (Jolly) but missed it by one frame!!! :(
I heard Entralink RNG is easier on BW2? Just a pity I couldn't pick the Arceus up on there.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Aargh why is Entralink RNGing so damn frustrating. Trying to RNG one of the Arceus I picked up in the event ages ago. Found myself a lovely seed, have got my EONTimer set up perfectly, I can hit the correct second every time. But I keep missing my frame by one or two every time.
I actually did hit it once but the nature was useless, then the next time got a decent nature (Jolly) but missed it by one frame!!! :(
I heard Entralink RNG is easier on BW2? Just a pity I couldn't pick the Arceus up on there.

I haven't done Entralink abuse myself (I plan on it when I have nothing better to RNG) I would aim for a seed that has your desired nature in clusters. For instance, aim for a seed that has Adamant (I assume) more than 4 frames in a row (When I was looking into entralink seeds I found some seeds that had clusters of as many as 10), and aim for a frame that corresponds to whether you go over or under your target frame more frequently.

MSK

I haven't done Entralink abuse myself (I plan on it when I have nothing better to RNG) I would aim for a seed that has your desired nature in clusters. For instance, aim for a seed that has Adamant (I assume) more than 4 frames in a row (When I was looking into entralink seeds I found some seeds that had clusters of as many as 10), and aim for a frame that corresponds to whether you go over or under your target frame more frequently.

Unfortunately it doesn't actually work like that. You can only determine your IV's when doing Entralink RNGing. The natures are completely random, you can hit the exact same frame 12 times and get 12 different natures.

Aegon

Unfortunately it doesn't actually work like that. You can only determine your IV's when doing Entralink RNGing. The natures are completely random, you can hit the exact same frame 12 times and get 12 different natures.
Natures have been RNGable for a long time now. It's considerably complex. I believe this is the guide I used. Prepare for frustration and many failed attempts. Once you've got the hang of it, though, it's only slightly more challenging than normal Gen V abuse.

MSK

Natures have been RNGable for a long time now. It's considerably complex. I believe this is the guide I used. Prepare for frustration and many failed attempts. Once you've got the hang of it, though, it's only slightly more challenging than normal Gen V abuse.

Oh wow, apologies to Zenotwapal, I was not aware of this. Been so long since I actually attempted Entralink RNG I was just going by what I originally did, didn't know this had been found out. I shall have to read and learn.

Oh wow, apologies to Zenotwapal, I was not aware of this. Been so long since I actually attempted Entralink RNG I was just going by what I originally did, didn't know this had been found out. I shall have to read and learn.

Natures have always been possible.

MSK

Well I've worked that out now, am managing to get the natures I want every time. But still can't hit the exact frame I want :( have been 1 or 2 frames out every time (so frustrating).
I'm aiming for 6686 and the last 3 times I've hit 6685, 6687 and 6690.
I suppose it's just going to be constant trial and error due to the human element of me pushing the button.

Don't believe it!!! Been getting the right nature every time, but missing the frame. Finally hit the frame after a whole evening of trying and guess what . . . wrong nature :( Timer trolled

Last edited: