• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Nikator

RnG- The Masterpiece
Gonna try and start RNGing on W2 today so I can get my Keldeo and Muskadeers done. Which areas don't have NPC's? Need to do my time finder etc and would be useful to know for when RNGing the legendaries.

Pidj

Gonna try and start RNGing on W2 today so I can get my Keldeo and Muskadeers done. Which areas don't have NPC's? Need to do my time finder etc and would be useful to know for when RNGing the legendaries.

I used the park in castelia city to calibrate.

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer

Giant Chasm, victory road, etc... I would recommend Giant Chasm

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
this is a really crazy question when seed has multiple same pid for each advance is there anyway besides chatot crys i keep hitting the wrong shiny frame for my dunsparace..im using ditto that is international so it makes it harder to see what frame im on...is there any other way? i know i have the right chatot crys but i keep hitting the wrong frame maybe miscounting?

Ausgirl

this is a really crazy question when seed has multiple same pid for each advance is there anyway besides chatot crys i keep hitting the wrong shiny frame for my dunsparace..im using ditto that is international so it makes it harder to see what frame im on...is there any other way? i know i have the right chatot crys but i keep hitting the wrong frame maybe miscounting?

Have you ticked the boxes for both ditto and international on the main window?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Have you ticked the boxes for both ditto and international on the main window?

yes all boxes were checked correctly but i found out my reporter is being off for some reason? just for that seed it was strange...i have no clue what happen but it was off like by 2 frames? strange...

Scot_82

Shiny Hunter
Is there a forum for discussing Gen IV rng? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Scot_82

Shiny Hunter
Right here.

Ok, awesome! I have been scouring the net to find any help on determining a proper TID/SID spread in order to take advantage of the Gen IV Cute Charm glitch. All that scouring, however, has produced 0 results. Is there a way that I can calculate the ID's? Is there something that I'm missing? Should I just give up the dream?

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival
In Pandora's Box you would search using a desired PID of 000000XX where XX can be anything between 00 and FF. The PID you choose will determine the genders and natures you'll get. I'm not sure what PID is ideal.

Scot_82

Shiny Hunter
In Pandora's Box you would search using a desired PID of 000000XX where XX can be anything between 00 and FF. The PID you choose will determine the genders and natures you'll get. I'm not sure what PID is ideal.
Isn't that just for rng abusing a random encounter while a Cute Charmer is in the lead? I'm trying to rng abuse my TID/SID in order to take advantage of the Gen IV glitch that allows for all random encounters (except genderless pokemon) to have a 1/32 chance of being a shiny.

What does the cute charm do anyway? I've never had a seed which required that lead.
When a Pokemon with the Cute Charm ability is in the lead, it can attract a wild pokemon of the opposite gender.

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival
Isn't that just for rng abusing a random encounter while a Cute Charmer is in the lead? I'm trying to rng abuse my TID/SID in order to take advantage of the Gen IV glitch that allows for all random encounters (except genderless pokemon) to have a 1/32 chance of being a shiny.

When Cute Charm kicks in, the PID is completely overwritten. All that remains is the lowest byte; the other three bytes are blanked out. Hence, the PID of all mons affected by Cute Charm is 000000XX. So you would search for a TID/SID combo in Pandora's Box using such a PID.

Scot_82

Shiny Hunter
When Cute Charm kicks in, the PID is completely overwritten. All that remains is the lowest byte; the other three bytes are blanked out. Hence, the PID of all mons affected by Cute Charm is 000000XX. So you would search for a TID/SID combo in Pandora's Box using such a PID.

So then whatever TID/SID combo that I found in Pandora's Box would produce the 1/32 chance whenever Cute Charm is activated? Would the shinys encountered then always have the same nature, characteristics, etc.?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
So then whatever TID/SID combo that I found in Pandora's Box would produce the 1/32 chance whenever Cute Charm is activated? Would the shinys encountered then always have the same nature, characteristics, etc.?

You can abuse for a specific IV spread, yes, but if I'm not mistaken, any CC ID combo will give you the 1/32 chance of encountering a random shiny. Most of them will have a random nature and random IVs, but they will still be shiny. Also, you wouldn't have to RNG for a specific spread each time you wanted a shiny, just grab your CC lead and run around until you get a random one (which I hear happens at a sickening rate with a CC ID).

You can abuse for a specific IV spread, yes, but if I'm not mistaken, any CC ID combo will give you the 1/32 chance of encountering a random shiny. Most of them will have a random nature and random IVs, but they will still be shiny. Also, you wouldn't have to RNG for a specific spread each time you wanted a shiny, just grab your CC lead and run around until you get a random one (which I hear happens at a sickening rate with a CC ID).

lol yeah, a bunch of people have complained how often they find shiny Pokemon w/ a Cute Charm lead.

Schro

Okay I am getting really annoyed now, with trying to pprng keldeo (yeah I did not claim it went I first got it). Anyway I have done it before but it has been such a long time I do not know if I have forgotten anything.

The program I am using is PPRNG

The date of the seed is 13/08/01 11:31:25 Timer0: C7C Buttons: Up-Rt
Start: 46 Frm: 89

Since it is a DS Lite I am clicking a second before the time so the second hand falls on the desired seconds before the screen goes black.

43 is the number of frames I need to advance, I am in a pokecenter without moving chars.

I have tried both 43 chatters, and 42 (as I heard deliverman talking advances the frame.)

I have also tried another seed with Timer0: C7B As my game seems to alter between the two.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong and it is driving me mad....

My Info is
(00-1B-EA-3D-EF-E4)
Version: Black English
TID: 04793
SID: 04671
Timer0: C7B-C7C
Vcount: 60-60

Scot_82

Shiny Hunter

Ok, I think I am starting to understand now. Let's say I wanted to encounter a male shiny: I would need a female CC lead, but my ID combo would have to be generated for a male with a specific gender ratio. If I wanted a shiny male Ralts (50/50 ratio) then I would have to have that specific ID combo. But after that Ralts, I wanted to get a shiny male Riolu (87.5/12.5 male ratio). The ID combo used for Ralts would NOT be successful for Riolu, correct?

Then for a female shiny I could use a male CC lead and successfully get any female ratio, correct?