• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Having a bit of trouble RNG'ing a Bold Foongus Egg. I hit the seed time no worries, I've managed to get 3 others down no problems (not looking forward to my 2nd Zorua >_<), so my issue isn't the time.

Aiming for
Foonugs
Male
31/31/31/31/31/31
Effect Spore

Ninja Edit: Not aiming for Shiny, just Bold, Male, Effect Spore and 31 IV's

Results aren't corresponding with the face page of the reporter at all. I've got my Ditto and Foongus stats correct, I've got them inserted correctly, and it's still not working. I also have Ditto parent checked both, when finding the seed time, and when doing the face page.

Anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Or are Bold Eggs the mystical no go place :p

Edit: Attempted hatching one of the better eggs from my failed attempts, a 31/31/11/31/11/31 Lonely. But, still can't get any closer to getting my eggs to match, even by keying the freshly hatched into the time finder O_O

Third and Final Edit: Not sure exactly what went wrong with my last seeds, but it seems it wanted a particular month to actually work, or the game decided to play fair o_O Regardless, would like to know what was going wrong. I tried different Months, years, but what ended up happening is it wanted December 2012 for some reason, 2 days of trying pointed out to me it was just a very picky Nature

But I do have my Bold Foongus now :3

Only Shroomish, Zorua and Growlithe to go... Maybe a Gen 3 Zapdos as well :O

if your not getting anything of your reporter says then your not hitting your time right or the timer0 is off that is all no worries just keep trying though...im having trouble with my heracross now but its just me not hitting the time exactly no worries make sure everything is correct and what dewey says above...

Evil Elf

Sand Burial Trainer
Well, all I know is, I would do the adjacent seed, and it came out the exact same, ever time >_> I dunno, it just wanted to be fussy I guess... Not that I changed my method, DS, game, did the exact same timing every time. Maybe I was missing it for some reason, just seems odd that I can RNG 3 pokemon no worries in a row, then flunk out on a 4th.

I would use an Everstone, but I just didn't want to stuff about for an extra day trying to get the right nature... Took me 16 hours to catch a Zapdos with Modest >_> A personal use 31 IV Lv100 Gamesharked from Ruby. Would've made stats for HP Grass, but I don't have an Action Replay device.

Last edited:

MSK

So something weird has happened when I RNG on my White 2 cart. Normally when I'm RNGing wondercards from the 1st Pokecenter I have to minus between 4-6 frames for SSF from the WNPC.
However while doing the shiny events it's all changed. With Dialga I was only ever needing to allow 2 frames, with Palkia I didn't need to make any adjustments, and having just RNG'd Giratina I actually needed to do 3 more advancements than reporter said I should!!
Has anyone else encountered this?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
So something weird has happened when I RNG on my White 2 cart. Normally when I'm RNGing wondercards from the 1st Pokecenter I have to minus between 4-6 frames for SSF from the WNPC.
However while doing the shiny events it's all changed. With Dialga I was only ever needing to allow 2 frames, with Palkia I didn't need to make any adjustments, and having just RNG'd Giratina I actually needed to do 3 more advancements than reporter said I should!!
Has anyone else encountered this?

Are there any NPCs in the area? I RNGed both Palkia and Dialga the same way I did any other run-of-the-mill WC (Giratina isn't out until Monday). I had no issues personally.

MSK

Are there any NPCs in the area? I RNGed both Palkia and Dialga the same way I did any other run-of-the-mill WC (Giratina isn't out until Monday). I had no issues personally.

Hi Dewey, yes as I said there is the one NPC woman in the 1st Pokecenter, but that usually means I do 4-6 less advances to hit my frame, but on these WC's I've actually had to do more Chatot flips than the reporter says I should be doing to hit the frame. It's really odd, I'm in the UK so we got Giratina on Friday.
My example is I was hitting a Modest Flawless spread and my starting frame was 48 and the frame I wanted was 67 so I should've been needing 19 advances-SSF. I went for 13 as 6 has been the regular amount. But when I checked I'd hit a frame 9 before that. It meant I had to do 22 advances to hit my frame (which I did next time).
Not complaining as I'm still hitting all my seeds just have to adjust my flips accordingly, but was confused as I didn't think it was possible to need more flips than the maximum reporter asked for.

blisseytank

Hi everyone,
I decided to play trough my SS game again and i RNG'd an TID i wanted so that is quite nice.
But i have a question right now, i want to RNG Entei and Raikou at the burning tower (which is easier than after E4 right??) but they have different starting frames while they flee at the same time. Does this mean i have to focus on 1 or just have to find an spread which gives me 2 nice IV sets with exactly 6 frames difference?
Thanks for you help!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I would try to focus on one of them i actually like my roamers out while i rng so i can tell if i hit my beeps right to be honest...i normally rng them last but to answer for your question just focus on one which is entei for now which the others will be helpful to see if you hit your delay you need to use the elm/irwin calls...

MSK

Just a quick question, does anyone now if you can still upload Battle Video's once the B/W Global Link shut down?
Reason I ask is that I use this method to find my SIDs and I want to know if I'm still going to be able to.

MSK

Why don't you just upload Pokémon to the Pokécheck GTS to find out your SID instead of relying on Battle Videos?
Besides, the Global Terminal/GTS servers don't run off the Global Link servers, and even if they were to shut down the Global Link/GTS servers, we would still be able to connect to the Pokécheck GTS to upload/download Pokémon.

Unfortunately I've never been able to upload to Pokecheck, had issues with changing the DNS number etc.

chiizu

Sorry for bumping a slightly old thread, but this appears to be the best place for this message.

I know that everyone is probably focused on X and Y at the moment (and rightly so, they're great!), but I expect there are still some people who are doing RNG stuff for Gen 5 games.

------

It's been too long in coming -- especially now that X and Y are here -- but PPRNG has finally made its way to iOS.

https://itunes.apple...95928?ls=1&mt=8

Here is a short list of some of the differences between PPRNG for Mac OS X and PPRNG for iOS.

1. PPRNG for iOS currently only supports Generation 5 games (Black, White, Black 2, and White 2).
  2. PPRNG for iOS is a free download, but it only initially includes basic functionality to allow you to calibrate your DS and perform searches for stationary encounters. All other functionalities are unlocked via low-cost In-App Purchases.
  3. PPRNG for iOS allows you to interrupt a search at any time and come back to it later, with all progress and partial results saved. Past searches and results are also saved automatically.
  4. PPRNG for iOS includes dex and location data, as well as an IV calculator. No more needing to know which ability is ability 0, or which encounter slot a Pokemon appears in for a given location. Calculated IVs are automatically filled in for calibration and adjacent seed searches.
  5. PPRNG for iOS does not display absolute frame numbers. It displays the number of frame advancements required after taking the starting frame into account. It of course cannot take into account frame advancements due to NPC movement.
  6. PPRNG for iOS has more up-to-date support for WonderCards than the current Mac OS X version.
  7. PPRNG for iOS is going to run slower than the Mac OS X version because it is running on your phone. On an iPhone 5, it runs slightly slower than on my 2008 MacBook Pro (2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo processor). WonderCard searches are by far the slowest and I am currently working to optimize them where possible.

The currently available In-App Purchase functionalities are:

• Full Encounter Support - All currently supported encounter types available for searching
  • WonderCard Seed Search and Inspection
  • Breeding Seed Search and Inspection (Black and White only)
  • Dream Radar Seed Search and Inspection (Black 2 and White 2 only)

Additional functionalities such as Trainer ID abuse are in the works.

I wish I could have gotten this out sooner, but life doesn't always work out as we like. ;-)
Still, I hope people enjoy it and find it useful for the remaining regional competitions which use Black 2 / White 2, and also once the ability to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 games to X and Y opens at the end of the year.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Sorry for bumping a slightly old thread, but this appears to be the best place for this message.

I know that everyone is probably focused on X and Y at the moment (and rightly so, they're great!), but I expect there are still some people who are doing RNG stuff for Gen 5 games.

------

It's been too long in coming -- especially now that X and Y are here -- but PPRNG has finally made its way to iOS.

Oh man I can finally RNG abuse on the go. Thanks chiizu!

Haven't done anything RNG-wise in a long time. I have so many legends backed up. Does anyone know if I can use RNG Reporter for Dream Radar abuse yet?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
You can. It isn't directly supported but there it's a guide written by RNGer Aaron that details the process. It had been out for over a year now and many people have RNGed the DR using it. I dont have the guide on hand because I'm on my phone at school but ill see if i have it when i get home.

Last edited:

Tyr42

So a primary objective for a lot of Gen 6 players is to obtain a perfect ditto. I know that this is possible in Gen 5 but I have never manipulated the RNG before and have seen many guides but what I get caught up on many of the details not mentioned in these guides. I was wondering if I could find a way to talk with an RNGer to hash out these issues I've been having and also so that I might be able to teach my friends some of the basics.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
So a primary objective for a lot of Gen 6 players is to obtain a perfect ditto. I know that this is possible in Gen 5 but I have never manipulated the RNG before and have seen many guides but what I get caught up on many of the details not mentioned in these guides. I was wondering if I could find a way to talk with an RNGer to hash out these issues I've been having and also so that I might be able to teach my friends some of the basics.

That's what this thread is for =) Just post any questions you have about gen 5 or 4 RNG and we will be happy to help if we can.

Skavani

Hi everyone!

I decided to go back and play Platinum again, and I have been trying to RNG a TID/SID that works with the Cute Charm glitch. I've tried for the one in the Smogon tutorial (20101/20101) and another on the list when I couldn't achieve that one. Oddly enough, I'm coping with the technical side of RNG just fine, and I've hatched plenty of shiny eggs on my Diamond file using the method that doesn't require Eontimer.

Basically, Eontimer doesn't give me enough time to reach the screen I need to press A at when the second beep sounds. In Platinum specifically I find it going off as my trainer starts to shrink, even when I give myself a shorter name than I wanted, and don't nickname the rival anything custom (just pick Barry fast as possible). I'm holding A and mashing B just as the guide says. I follow the guide and enter the delay I hit into Eontimer but it still doesn't give me more time. I'm guessing this is because Eontimer is assuming I hit that delay when the beep went off, but in reality it was just me mashing and hitting it after I was supposed to because I couldn't reach it!

If someone can help me, I'd be really grateful xx

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Hi everyone!

I decided to go back and play Platinum again, and I have been trying to RNG a TID/SID that works with the Cute Charm glitch. I've tried for the one in the Smogon tutorial (20101/20101) and another on the list when I couldn't achieve that one. Oddly enough, I'm coping with the technical side of RNG just fine, and I've hatched plenty of shiny eggs on my Diamond file using the method that doesn't require Eontimer.

Basically, Eontimer doesn't give me enough time to reach the screen I need to press A at when the second beep sounds. In Platinum specifically I find it going off as my trainer starts to shrink, even when I give myself a shorter name than I wanted, and don't nickname the rival anything custom (just pick Barry fast as possible). I'm holding A and mashing B just as the guide says. I follow the guide and enter the delay I hit into Eontimer but it still doesn't give me more time. I'm guessing this is because Eontimer is assuming I hit that delay when the beep went off, but in reality it was just me mashing and hitting it after I was supposed to because I couldn't reach it!

If someone can help me, I'd be really grateful xx

You need to use a relatively long delay for ID abuse on gen 4, 5500+ was the recommendation for platinum iirc. It sounds like your target delay is just too low.

Skavani

You need to use a relatively long delay for ID abuse on gen 4, 5500+ was the recommendation for platinum iirc. It sounds like your target delay is just too low.

Yes, the one given was only 5100ish, and I think the example game was Diamond, or Pearl. So, if I understand you correctly, if I try for a delay of 6000ish I should be able to reach the screen where I need to wait to press A...and actually be able to wait, right?

Thank you for replying so fast anyway, I'll try this shortly and hopefully get back to you with a success story! xx

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Yes, the one given was only 5100ish, and I think the example game was Diamond, or Pearl. So, if I understand you correctly, if I try for a delay of 6000ish I should be able to reach the screen where I need to wait to press A...and actually be able to wait, right?

Thank you for replying so fast anyway, I'll try this shortly and hopefully get back to you with a success story! xx

5100 is definitely too low for Platinum. 6000+ should give you ample time to name yourself and anything else you may want to do and still get to the screen in time.