• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Revenge of the Goddamn Comics Thread - LIKE THAT MOLD UNDER MY SINK IT JUST WON'T DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
At the insistence of a certain mod I figured I'd remake this thread. Basically this is the discussion thread for all things related to western comics, be they film or television adaptations, or the books themselves. Go wild you crazy kids.

Also Batman's going to die.

Umbreon_13

okay then why remake a thread like this one not that it's bad but who would read wester comics anyway i fall asleep half way through them

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
okay then why remake a thread like this one not that it's bad but who would read wester comics anyway i fall asleep half way through them

Yes because your opinion = everyone elses opinion.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet

Because the last two threads got replies, and unlike you some people actually have an attention span.

Umbreon_13

okay then so still why remake it

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
okay then so still why remake it
Because people want to talk about comics and the like. Oh snap it's possible for people to like things you don't. Isn't that amazing?
Also I haven't touched comics in a while but I feel like picking up final crisis from all the hype it's getting. Should I? Also Read chapter one of Watchmen in the library liked it so far. I really have so many comics I want to read but so little money for the Trade paper backs.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
So Cassandra Cain is finally going to be Batgirl again, and not a crazy psycho ***** who can't decide if she's good or evil! She's also getting her own six issue mini series. Awesome, right?
BATGIRL #1
Written by Adam Beechen
Art by Jim Calafiore & Jonathan Glapion
Cover by Andy Clarke
Fresh from appearances in BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS, the enigmatic Cassandra Cain stars in this six-issue miniseries written by Adam Beechen (COUNTDOWN, ROBIN) with pencils by Jim Calafiore (GOTHAM UNDERGROUND)!
Now that Batgirl has finally gained Batman’s trust, it’s time to conquer her inner demons and prove herself to the rest of the world. This six-issue epic will take Cassandra on an intense, personal journey involving friends, family and foes!
On sale July 16 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $2.99 US
Ingenious, really. Rebuild the character by giving her back to the writer that destroyed her in the first place. BRILLIANCE.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I needs me some new comics. Plan on finishing up Cerebus possibly in June, and there are a few things I'm looking forward to (more of Jim Woodring's Frank! Dave Sim on the Holocaust... oh dear god), but for the most part nothing immediately catches my eye.

I should just buy I Was Seven in 75 and sit down and read that and Calvin and Hobbes.

Rawk Nawtzee

The Juggernaut
I've recently picked up reading the Darkness and from what I've read so far and from what I've played of the video game, it's bad *** on another level.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
With Marvel killing off Captain America, it doesn't seem unrealistic.

All the signs are pointing towards it, especially considering all the solicits for Final Crisis seem to be screaming "LOL BATMAN GONNA DIE." Then you have the "Batman R.I.P." storyline, and a ton of other crap pointing to it, like Dan DiDio's hard-on for Jason Todd.

Umbreon_13

How i the world is this thing still here

Rave

Banned
Because you bumped it, stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.