• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reversing The Charges! (431)

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Did Manene impersonate anyone in the gang? That would be amusing...

And, judging by the bio picture, Donphan looks amazing! I love it already!

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
THat should make their running total 10 then.

Briememory

Thunder Trainer
This kind of episode is exactly what we need. While everyone is dissing the writers' intelligence, they did something very smart. Mudkip's and Phanpy's Evolutions have been great surprises. By making fillers more substantial, they are drawing a better audiance and keeping the audiance in check. Now, no one will miss an episode just to make sure there isn't another surprise catch, hatch, or evolution!

V Faction

www.faction.com
Heh heh, that's a fine line indeed.

It seems nowadays, the ratio of episodes centered around non-filler elements (concerning Pokemon) to non-filler episodes that could be considered regular fillers without said non-filler event is 50/50.

You look at an episode like Corphish's capture that had the whole center revolve around catching it and then compare that to, say, Mudkip's evo episode and go.... "Boy that's weird."

Come to think of it, after thinking about it for a while, most evolutions are surprises, at least as far as the entire point of the episode is concerned (I.E. we don't see the character trying to forceably evolve their Pokemon). It's only episodes AFTER that deal with their evolutions, just look at Bayleef.

Pokeballs

Custom Torkoal 01
It does make me wonder why the writers choose to have evolutions just happen in seemingly random episodes, though i suppose the surprise is nice... but i do like it better when the episodes actually focus at least a little on the Pokemon b4 it evolves rather than "hey mudkip evolved! now about that wonder drug of love..."

Last edited:

JazzJazz

V Faction said:
It's only episodes AFTER that deal with their evolutions, just look at Bayleef.

True, I hope we don't get some lame little incidents in which donphan's new size becomes a problem around the rest of the group.

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
When i saw the updated character bio is was like Ooooo did Ash catch the Elekid? But they would never give Ash another Electric type. I would like to see Elekid on someones teams, its such a cool pokemon. But when i saw Donphan i was like Yay! I was hoping Phanpy would evolve. I just love Donphan. I always thought it suited Ash from the first ep it appeared in. It seems like they are moving things along quickly. Evos, contests and frontier battles not that far apart from each other. I dont think this many important episodes have happened so quickly in a very, very long time. Its cool though. The next evo id like to see is either Corphish or Grovyle.

P

Pikachu_Imatation

ITs good that Ash's Phanpy evolved now, but it's really weird where the hidden power came from. Phanpy must've been stronger than we thought.

Anyways the episode was okay, but I'll miss Phanpy's cuteness

Geodude

JazzJazz said:
This is the anime, where sometimes down is up and up is down...
No, there's more to it than that. The reason Elekid was going crazy, as Brock figured out at one point, was that it was suffering from the same type of sickness that affected Pikachu in early AG, it had too much Electric energy built up in its body. That's how it was able to beat up all those Grass-types.

Loved the parts with Manene imitating Phanpy, the little clown doesn't seem to have anything against the "twerps" by itself...

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Guys, what's this?. For what I saw, looks like Donphan have learned the Hyper-Beam attack. (Cool, really). But what's happening with the Hidden Power of Phanpy?. Maybe the attack also evolved with the Pokemon?.

C

crazymonkyfoul321

i thought ash might of caught that elekid as another electric type cause all he has is pikachu but pikachu is a good electric pokemon to have but im happy 4 ash's phanpy to finally evole.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Elekid was p*ssed. So was James. I loved his little explosion at Jessie and Meowth after they lost Manene. An entertaining filler at least. Other than that, nothing to write home about.

JazzJazz

The Big Al said:
An entertaining filler at least.

Technically it wasn't a filler, given how phanpy evolved and all...

Anyways the episode was okay, but I'll miss Phanpy's cuteness
Hey, Donphan is very cute. It's still a funny elephant.
I didn't know Donphan looked that cool.
There seems to have been heavy foreshadowing on the part of the writers with regards to this evolution, so it should have come as a suprise to no one.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Meh. This episode was pretty boring I have to say.
Essentially, all it consisted of were the characters aimlessly walking around ~:The Forest of Generic Woe:~ and attacking/getting attacked by this random Elekid. IMO, the only thing that saved this episode from being a total wash-out were a few amusing little skits from Team Rocket, and Phanpy's spontanious evolution. The rest was very forgetable, generic stuff and 'Lackluster' seems like the most appropriate description for it.

They had Manene hang around with the group, yet they didn't have it imitate any of them besides Phanpy? Hell, it barely interacted with them at all. Incredibly dissapointing.

James was pretty interesting in this episode, and was definatly one of the highlights. I found it especially funny when Meowth and James had to hold him back from trying to attack Elekid. Thats usually the sort of thing you'd expect from Jessie. Its rare to see him get so worked up about something, so it was a treat, for sure. I've definatly come to appreaciate James' character lately~

Bah. I still say HyperBeam fro Donphan was totally uncalled for. A decent physical move would have been miles better.
Miles 'Tails' Better even.

Heracross

Custom User Title
It knows earthquake too.

Edit: Meh, could've been better, but Gomazou's evolution was great, and I enjoyed the parts of the episode which were focused around Kojirou flipping out over Manene. I can't remember the last time we've seen Nyasu and Musashi actually intimidated by him, and it was funny when they had to hold him back from assaulting Elekid. I also liked how he just stopped right in the middle of attacking Satoshi-tachi to do the little exchange with Haruka.

Gomazou's evolution was rather... random, but that's not to say that it wasn't sweet. I just hope he retains that happy personality of his. Hyper beam is just meh.

And on a final note, the animation on the falling trees was awful. Bleh. :x

Last edited: