• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Review the Last Movie you Watched

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I know I saw Gladiator and Star Trek today, but I'm feeling like reviewing Fantastic Mr. Fox, which I saw yesterday afternoon.

It (surprisingly) was very odd, but still a good movie. The only real reason for its obscurity was the animation made it a little bizzare, but after that it was a great Family movie, with some very dry jokes that adults could appreciate and some kiddy action that made them appreciate it. I thought it was rather funny how they overly used the word "cuss" anywhere you would normally hear a swear. Also, the plot and sub-plot were very intriguing and made you appreciate each character.

Also, beware of lit pine-cones. They're mad explosive!

mew801

I watched two movies recently:

My Sisters Keeper:
9/10. Fantastic movie and very moving. Of course not as good as the book, as well as having a different ending, but still fantastic.

New Moon:
7/10. Enjoyable movie for someone like me who is a Twilight fan, but non-twilight people would find it utterly boring and cheezy. Defiantely better than the first movie by far, the special effects are much better. I would have also liked to have seen more action in the Volturi scene. Seriously, if you blink you pretty much miss it. Considering it was one of the main events in the story, I would have liked to have seen more in it. And it did go on and on in the middle with the whole 'Bella does stupid things to see Edward' thing, but overall I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Mimori Kiryu

I watched two movies recently:

My Sisters Keeper:
9/10. Fantastic movie and very moving. Of course not as good as the book, as well as having a different ending, but still fantastic.
Different ending?!

I'm assuming you've read the book...

They made Kate die didn't they? What a freakin' way to ruin the book's amazingly well written story plot. >>

mew801

Different ending?!

I'm assuming you've read the book...

They made Kate die didn't they? What a freakin' way to ruin the book's amazingly well written story plot. >>

Yea I have read the book :)

I know! I cant believe they did that! I was so shocked and pretty upset because it ruined what was a very good and suprising ending. Now the movie is very predictable for people who have not read the book. The book added that extra twist with Anna dying, because it was unexpected and it made the book really great!

m190049

Local psychopath

Love love love love. Amazing movie. Dunno what it was, but I also felt a bit of nostalgia when watching it. Maybe I was just immagining things...

Anyway, SEE THIS MOVIE. It has a VERY compelling story, the characters were amazing, and the effects were the best I've ever seen. The world they made is beautiful, and the animals were creative and very cool. The plot is VERY well written, and all the concepts they try to employ feel natural and nice and you start to connect with them more and more as the movie goes on.

Again, GREAT movie.I've been following this movie for two years, and it lived up to the hype.

9.5/10? I kind of want to give it a 10 but I don't really like giving movies 10's, especially since, when being VERY nitpicky, you can find SOMETHING wrong with anything. I guess... There are a couple times when things just seem to be overly convienent, maybe. Dunno, that's all I can think of, really.

Go see this freaking movie.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
88 Minutes - 2/10

As impressing as the acting was, the plot was generally slow-paced and everything seemed over-dramatized. It tries to create tension or suspense, but it just ends up being bland. Probably Pacino's worst movie. :(

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
(500) Days of Summer - 8/10

Obviously the only reason I was interested in this movie in the first place was because of Zooey Deschanel (same reason as all her other movies, even though she's now married to Mr. Death Cab), but this really was a fresh take on the genre. It had some creative artistic direction, with not only the entire random-time-jumping format, but clever sequences like the whole "Expectations vs. Reality" sequence. Romantic comedies are rarely roaringly funny, but this had some good humor to it. My two complaints were A) the little sister character, who came off as annoying and cliche in a movie that deliberately tried to avoid cliches, and B) the ending was pretty cheesy. ("Autumn"? Blah.) Otherwise a great movie with a great soundtrack (any film that gives love to the underrated work of Doves is a keeper in my book).

Krake

Flabebe's Kids

I went to see it with my uncle, cousin, and brothers in 3D, which helps the viewing experience a lot, considering the amazing special effects. I also liked the story, especially the battle at the end. There were a few plot holes that I didn't like much, such as what the ore that the humans wanted does (in other words, why is it so important that the Na'vi have to be murdered for it?). All things considered, I recommended it.

Erienne

Anime high :D
(500) Days of Summer - 8.5-9/10

Don't read this if you don't want at least part of the movie spoiled.

The reason I watched the movie is because I saw it on a plane ride to Orlando, and it seemed nice, although I couldn't hear it because I didn't have headphones. So yesterday I rented it on iTunes, and the movie was pretty good; it's a romantic comedy, and the way the movie was presented was interesting. I'm not usually a fan of movies that start in the middle, go to the beginning, go to the end, meet up in the middle, and then go to the end again, but the story was pretty cool. I mean, like, although the guy, who believes in the romantic ideals of true love, is a loser in every sense of the word--he studied to be an architect, but works at a greeting card company writing greeting cards for a living--he does manage to fit part, and at the end, although he loses Summer, he finds Autumn while trying to get his life on track. xD

Janovy

Banned
Scary Movie 3 - 9.5/10
I've just watched this movie the other day and even though I have watched it over 4 times it still kept the same humor like the first time. I must say this was one of my favorite Scary Movies, an interesting mix of many parodies. I kinda miss that old masked killer, but never mind, I enjoyed this. If you didn't watch this movie yet I recommend you to do it, you won't regret it. Lol at peeing from the fingers xD

PokemonHero

I can see the future

Okay, so I finally got to see the film today, in 3D no less. All I have to say is that I was amazed by this film. The visuals are out of this world (no pun intended). They literally designed the planet all the way down to the smallest plants. The story is nothing too new, but Cameron was able to take it and put his own spin on it.

There was one thing about the film that I didn't like and that was that the beginning felt a little bit rushed. I mean, I realize that the film is already close to three hours long, but still, there was a good bit of development that they could've done there. It was still an very awesome film, worth going to see in 3D.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Night at the Museum 2 - 6/10

Not as good as Night at the Museum 1. Honestly, it felt like a sequel didn't even need to exist. The humor didn't hit home nearly as much, and there were a lot of gag exchanges that just didn't know when to end, long after they became unfunny. To my surprise, the best gags were the slapstick ones, which while typical for Ben Stiller, aren't indicative of sharp writing.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
0/10
This film ignored all evolutionary logic. I spit on it.

7/10
Here's a basic synopsis:
- Exposition
- Wow, look at the pretty CGI!
- Plot
- Action
- THE END

However, it was quite beautifully done and very enjoyable, even if it did have a smidge too much deus ex machina for my liking (at one point almost literally).

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-

I know most of you want reward this film a perfect score but as a whole, it doesn't deliver enough to earn it. The CGI is great, Pandora is visually stunning and the main cast deliver exceptionally. However, the plot although moving, is not evenly paced. Many said that the begining was rushed but from what I have read, that was cameron's intention. Of course, I would have liked to know a little more about prior relationships between Earth and Pandora considering that this relationship is the central idea of the film, guess he didn't feel THAT was important. They losely describe the friction between two races which is why the film works, but more background information was needed. The film is moving though, and even though the plot may be too "cliche" it hits close to home and makes the audience question the current state of humanity.

I love James Cameron and I appreciate his visionary efforts and emotional connection to the project,this is not the perfect film and I feel Cameron's dream may have been scattered amongst the CGI and explosions.

Last edited:

Erienne

Anime high :D

I give Avatar a 10 just because even the gaps in plot are paid for in full by the graphics. I'm a beginner at 3ds Max, and the graphics are absolutely stunning. I mean, they blended live action and CGI in a way that has never been attempted before. The plot was pretty good, but I'm not a big fan of battle scenes, but still, just wow... the trees, wildlife, and scenery were just wow.

9 (the animated one, not that musical) - 8.5/10

It was pretty good, and the graphics were decent too, but I did like the anti-war message, and just the plot in general. It was sad when 5 out of the 9 die and go up to (presumably) heaven (although since they are all part of the scientist's soul, how does that work out?), and for some reason movie scenes like that make me sad. Like even in that movie Click, which was okay but not great the scene where he almost dies made me sad too. :eek:

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Sherlock Holmes - 5/10

All I'm going to say is that if you've read the stories, don't see this movie. The stories are much better.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Accident - 8.5/10

Its a Hong Kong movie. Its pretty trippy how people dies in "accidents" but it actually turns out these so-called "accidents" are assassination attempts. I don't get it the ending in somewhat. Overall, its a good movie.

mew801

The Knowing - 5.5/10

Started off really good and really gripping. I loved it until the ending. It was very predictable and a disapointing end to a really great movie.

Sherlock holms 9/10

went to see it last wekkend, badass movie, they def set it up for sequal, can't wait till it comes out, i would reccomend this movie to everyone

Mawile412

Problem
The Lovely Bones 7/10

It was a pretty good adaption of the book. alot of things were out of order though, and if you didnt read the book you would probably be confused