• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Review the Last Movie you Watched

Cobalt_Latios

Thor
9/10
I was looking forward to this movie for ages and it didn't disappoint me. The acting was great, the action sequences were very, well, actiony and the plot was good, although the ending left something to be desired. It worked well as a set up for The Avengers, though, especially the post-credits scene (my GOD). Imo the best thing was Idris Elba as Heimdall. He has very few lines but basically steals every scene he's in.
Don't mind if I borrow you're review? No? Good. Basically the same stance here.

It's also the first 3D film I've seen where I can now say where it does and doesn't belong.

On the subject of the post credits scene, half the theatre I saw it at stayed knowing there was going to be something worthwhile. And damn, it didn't disappoint.

Stan Lee's cameo was pretty funny and I also rather liked the cameo appearance by
Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye.
THAT'S HIS NAME!! I knew it had to be something like that, because I know Green Arrow is DC and Angry Archer is something else entirely. However, the second I saw him grab that awesome bow, I freaked out knowing who it was.

Saw what you will about the quality of the recent Avengers cartoon, without it, I doubt I would know as much about it as I do now. And I probably would have never recognized him either.

So yeah. Bring on Captain America and The Avengers. Especially The Avengers.
This! I'm more than ready :D.

/CL

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
The Black Swan:

Don't get me wrong. I actually wanted to see this movie. I've read other reviews, saying how good this "Thriller" was. They were wrong. I felt like I was watching a ballet with bits of drama mixed in it. The actors were good, (Kudos, Mila Kunis) but the movie for me was a "Meh."

Nina dies.

Some people will like it, some won't.

Rating: 6.5/10/

Psychic

Really and truly
Shaolin Soccer

I dislike kung fu movies as well as sports movies.
Thankfully, this was neither one of those things.

Shaolin Soccer is a silly, campy Hong Kong film which sets a ridiculous fighting movie on a soccer field. And when I say ridiculous, I mean ri-donk-u-lous. If anything, you are probably watching this for the cheesy fighting moves and B-grade animation of a CGI soccer ball zooming around Dragonball Z-style. You can except some pretty funny moments and one-liners as well.

I was pretty reluctant to watch this, but it was fun to watch with a friend just to pass the time. The subbed version is fine, and apparently the silly dance scene is missing from the dub anyway. You're not missing terribly much here. But if all you want is a dose of silly kung fu fighters smacking around a ball, this is your movie.

7/10

~Psychic

Dagon (2001) - 8 to 8.5/10

First and foremost: Dagon is creepy as ****. Keep this in mind before you watch it. If you consider the source material (H. P. Lovecraft's The Shadow Over Innsmouth), you probably can figure this out yourself. The movie pretty much nails the standard "Lovecraft Country" atmosphere, and the setting immediately lets you know "something is dseperately wrong." The one thing about this that make me really dislike the film is that Dagon's tentacles are so clearly CG that it's not funny. Of course, the rest of the ex-humans look pretty natural, if slightly plastic. Not by too much.

It's worth a watch, but be prepared to be scarred. There are also some genuinely humorous moments, though.

Last edited:

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
Kung Fu Panda 2: The return of Awesomeness!

I went to watch it last night and I thouroughly enjoyed it. The comedy was all about Po trying to do all the epic hero stunts in the book, but fail miserably in an hilarious way. The kung fu was fun to watch and the old master...he was legendary! There was several battles where you'd thought 'okay, it's the end' but then something happens that leads to another something and kapow! In the end you'd think that the hero's have failed and ask - 'How could that be?' but then Po achieved inner awesomeness (or peace) and then the Climax in the story when Po uses the villians very own weapon against him. That was epic. But I could have never predicted what happened next...what has thought to be the saddest thing of all could actually lead to a third movie...

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
I haven't seen a movie in a long time. Gonna watch 2010 version of The Karate Kid tomorrow, though.

Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Pt. 1: 9.

This was the best HP to date. The effects were great, the acting was great, and I'm into Fantasy-Adventure/Adventure/Mystery & Suspense stuff.

Psychic

Really and truly
X-Men: First Class

I was really prepared for this to be another painful watch like the last X-Men movies, but surprisingly enough I ended up really, really enjoying it.

The character development is wonderful, and the characters themselves are all very nice to look at have neat powers that develop in cool ways. There were a lot of very cool scenes and pretty funny moments, but for me the character backstories were the best part.

Whether or not you like the X-Men, First Class was a fun, interesting watch.
8/10

~Psychic

Red Raichu Returns

Raichu Enthusiast
X-Men First Class

-First thoughts: wow, just wow.

-Story: Absolutely fantastic, perfect amount of character development to action ratio. Not at all what I was expecting.

-Characters: Definitely what made the movie, Micheal Fassbender as Magneto should be synonymous to Heath Ledger as Joker( maybe I got a little carried away there). James Mcavoy as Professor X was no slouch either, and this is probably one of the first films I took Kevin Bacon serious in. Boy was January Jones hot, I lover her <3

-Closing thoughts: Zoey Kravitz? Wtf? You su k, come back when you take some acting lessons.

Rating: 9/10 a must watch.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Just watched Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

It didn't follow the book that much. 30% of the movie came from the book.
I'm still hoping for The Sea of Monsters to be released.

SmartD

Coraline 9/10
Really good movie. The soundtrack fits the premise pretty well and the characters are interesting.

jshperz

X-Men: First Class

My friends wanted to watch this, but I didn't. I was never a fan of X-Men or other superhero movies/stories, and this was my first X-Men movie. Glad they won though, since they let me watch this great movie. :D

9.5/10