• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Review the Last Movie you Watched

Pikawho?

(five15)
^A few minutes isn't enough to be able to properly judge a movie. You can't take what you've heard from everyone else then make that your view. You need to actually watch the film in full and be able to judge for yourself whether it was worthwhile or not. The true waste is renting it and not even watching it to the end. =/

Sweeney Todd: 9.5/10

Second time watching this film, but it has been a very long time since I'd last seen it so....It's a very good film overall. It's a musical and all the songs were entertaining. The soundtrack was epic. The story and coloring of the movie were the same: dark and bloody. While I don't support his actions, I find it very easy to sympathize for him. Repaying evil with evil is never right, but this is one of those rare occasions where the evil committed against him was unjust and threw his entire life out of whack. It's very easy to root for him as he seeks vengeance. The ending is both tragic, yet satisfying. If you have not seen this movie, definitely check it out. It's worth it. It is very bloody, but the blood is cartoonishly fake (done on purpose) so the violence is bearable.

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
^
That was a combined review, also from my friend who saw it in theaters all the way through. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

I recently watched The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It was a very nice installment to the series.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
The Sword in the Stone (Disney) 5/10

Really old school. It kind of bored me, I mean, there wasn't much of a plot, and the songs didn't really stand out... nice animation, though, and there were a few really funny moments.

Dinotopia (mini-series) 6.5/10

Bad acting and mediocre effects, but it did have an interesting (if ridiculous) premise. I actually kind of enjoyed it, to my surprise.

The Princess and the Frog 7/10

I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. The plot was kind of sub-par and I didn't think any of the songs were really memorable (well, except for the villain's song, which kind of reminded me of "Everybody Wants to be a Cat" from the Aristocats). Beautiful animation, though, and some of the secondary characters were fun. Also had good voice acting.

Bolt 10/10

Absolutely loved it. It was charming and hilarious. The writing was spot on, the characters were quircky and loveable. The humor was character based rather than depending on pop-culture references. And there were some truly heart-warming moments. I thought the plot was creative despite some obvious cliches (really, what movie doesn't have 'em), and I thought it was really great. Great voice acting, too, even Miley Cyrus was good. This even outdid some of Pixar's movies for me.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Scott Pilgrim Vs the world
9/10
Epic as hellll~ best movie I've seen

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Chronicles Of Narnia- The Voyage Of the Dawntreader..

Epic in 3D, best graphics Ive seen in a while and awesome storyline....It kept me watching and alert..i jumped a few times and even felt to cry (omg i never ever cried in a movie before) in the end...I loved it and enjoyed it :]

@Swampertlover5712 Yup! Scott Pilgrim was an EPIC movie i saw it about two days ago :]

The Prestige: awesome movie kept me at the edge of my seat untill the very last moment, BUT it has a lot of points in the movie you have the feeling it's over but this nagging feeling keeps you watching and then WOOSH plottwist!!

11/10

TheBoss

Charizard Tamer
The last movie I saw was The Expendables. I heard a lot of mixed opinions of the movie. It has my favorite actor in it (Jason Statham), so I just had to check it out. The all-star cast is astounding, and I found that a very "cool" aspect of the movie. Where else will you see wrestling great Stone Cold Steve Austin take on Sylvester Stallone? Answer; no where. There is a lot of action/fighting in the movie, as well as lots of explosions, which was awesome! The use of Statham in the movie was incredible, however, I thought they seriously underused Jet Li. The movie does start out slow, but the slow part is very short lived, believe me. I love the movie, and will actually be watching it again today :) Check it out, it's well worth it!!

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Grown-Ups (on DVD)

Ohohohohoho! Well this was quite a movie, very funny for sure! Had me laughing, Kevin James never fails to impress me somehow :)
Very interesting and Funny movie, I enjoyed the most of it, even the corny humor..

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure
The last movie I watched was Spirited Away. Beautiful animation, nice soundtrack, heartwarming plot, etc. Well, what can you expect? It's a Ghibli film. 10/10

TheBoss

Charizard Tamer
Metagross Guy said:
Grown-Ups (on DVD)

Ohohohohoho! Well this was quite a movie, very funny for sure! Had me laughing, Kevin James never fails to impress me somehow :)
Very interesting and Funny movie, I enjoyed the most of it, even the corny humor..

I was thinking about checking that out, I guess I'm gonna have to get around to buying it soon :)

TheBoss

Charizard Tamer
Oh! I forgot too, I also recently re-watched a movie.. It's been one of my favorite movies since it came out in theaters forever ago. The Hangover! You guys gotta see it if you haven't yet, it's soooo funny.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 8/10
A pretty solid movie. The animated sequence for the deathly hallows story was pretty neat, and I was fine with the balance of action and plot. The only bad part is that some bits seemed a bit cheesy, especially...
DOBBY IS A FREE ELF! I appreciate the sentiment and all, but the whole sequence(including Dobby's death) was too drawn out and over-the-top for me.

SmartD

The Tourist
It was a great movie. Interesting plot, good acting, and good moments. It's well done.

9/10

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Billy Madison: 9/10
Don't care what the critics say; it's a hilarious movie. Only bad parts are the extremely random ones and the first 10 minutes.

50 First Dates: 8.5/10
Another Adam Sandler movie. Watched them back to back. The film's plot is actually very unique, and, believe or not, I was quite touched by this movie. Left me with a good feeling.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
I'm all out serious, it is the last movie i saw alright :p

Grandma Got Runover By a Reindeer-

I watched it every year on cartoon network and it never gets old! The song always gets me in the christmas mood, its creepy because i fail at getting in the christmas mood so Cheers!

It might not be as great as the newer movies (it was aired in 2000) but in always gets you in the christmas mood and its kinda interesting to watch..

No matter what my mom has to say Ima never get to old for it.

annabelletheraikou

Inception

I just saw the movie for the first time yesterday and I absolutely loved it. I got drawn into the storyline and the characters were intriguing. It was a movie that held my attention from the get-go. The direction was really nice, and the concept was really interesting. I loved the casting of this movie, and I found that I couldn't see anyone else in any other role in this movie.

So, that's my fangirl-ish rant for this movie. Haha, I loved it. Christopher Nolan is amazing. :)

Cobalt_Latios

Tron: Legacy

Okay, so I'll be honest here; I have yet to see the first movie, but I do know enough about to get the basic gist of what was going on. I am fairly aware that there are people who will still prefer the original to this one, but given the first's cult classic status sort of does that.

What I liked: Good fun, action type of movie with neat concepts thrown around while having a decent basis to go by to give it some extra detail. Very nifty CGI while using it when it would really seem necessary. 3D wasn't half bad either; while it wasn't painfully obvious, it did the job of making it seem like the characters on screen were more or less behind one.

And lastly, the score. I can guarantee you that the principle reason many even bothered with this was to listen to the techno/electronic theme done by Daft Punk. I'm sort of guilty of this, but it just really fits.

What I didn't like: Not a whole lot since I'm not very critical with things, but there were a few small plot elements that sort of bugged me here and there. Nothing major, but I'm hoping it leads to another sequel. I don't know how many people would even want that, but it would at least tie a few loose ends and more or less just be for closure more than anything.

So... I'd have to give this movie a solid 8/10. Looking back, I think I may have enjoyed this movie more than last year's similarly timed flick AVATAR, but that's just me.

C_L

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Two movies in one day! Both of which I really should have seen a year ago! Oh my!

This movie looked very pretty. The language and culture of the Na'vi were clearly well thought out. Unfortunately, these positives do not outweigh the negative of the plot being as generic and predictable as fuck. Of course Jake ends up falling in love with the Na'vi culture for reasons that amount to "BECAUSE THE PLOT DEMANDS IT." Of course Jake ends up becoming the modern version of the hero Na'vi from ages ago that rode on a red dragon thing. Of course ~nature power~ solves everything. Of course the Na'vi girl grows to love Jake, then goes through a "YOU BETRAYED US" when the humans attack the giant tree, then goes back to Jake by the end of the movie.

It doesn't help that the coolest part of Pandora(the neural network created by the plant life) is something I've seen before(and executed in an even cooler way!) thanks to playing Alpha Centauri. Nor does it help that the plot is basically a more violent version of Pocahontas - Colors of the Wind actually popped in my head at the start of the "Jake learns the ways of the Na'vi" montage. And it helps even less that I never really managed to care about Jake and his Na'vi girlfriend, and none of the other characters got enough screentime for me to even begin to care about them.

That's not to say that this was a bad movie, it just...isn't all that special once you look past all of the visual effects. Even the effort put into creating Na'vi culture is wasted since the movie never goes into enough depth about it(and 80% what we do see is basically "native americans, only ALIENS!").

The Princess and the Frog - 8/10
Ah, old school Disney. Only modern! I don't feel like typing up another mini-essay, so you'll have to settle for a list.
Pros:
-Superbly animated
-Excellent music (although when you have the musical culture of goddamned New Orleans to work with, it's hard to go wrong)
-Managed to have dumb sidekick characters that didn't make me want to punch somebody
-All of the voodoo stuff was awesome
-I always appreciate it when a movie points out, however slightly, that the HARD WORK NEVER FAILS mentality is wrong. As a bonus, it manages to do that while still pointing out that you have to put some effort into your life. Of course everything turns out right in the end because this IS a Disney movie, but I can't fault it for that.

Cons:
-The obligatory romantic plot bored me at times. Which is to be expected since it's a formulaic Disney Romance Arc, but it's still a negative point.
-What's with Tiana seeing "Naveen" kissing Charlotte and immediately assuming that it's the REAL Naveen? Especially since she should have been de-froggified if he had also became a human again?

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
Black Swan - 9/10

Saw this movie on Christmas Eve. Neat plot development, directing, acting and music, although certain scenes were particularly intense and disturbing. The scene that freaked me out the most was when...

...Nina pulled the long strip of skin off her finger in a bathroom. The scene that Beth stabbing her face came to close second.

Good movie overall, but I think that its rating of 8.8 on IMDb is kind of too high.

SmartD

The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

It was a wonderful movie. Good plot, great characters, and good moments. It's a movie everyone should see.

9/10