• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Review the Last Movie you Watched

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Star Trek
9/10

I liked the special effects and story. It didn't get the full 10 because it didn't seem like Star Trek at points.

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
Star Trek
9/10
And that's a damn high 9.
Bloody good movie, the special effect were incredible and the story was great, they managed to tie everything together whilst at the same time coming up with a perfect excuse for not staying entirely accurate to the old Trek story. I suppose if I had to find a criticism with the story it would be the deus ex machina that pervaded the entire film, but that's a minor quibble.

The acting was pretty much spot on, especially Karl Urban who played an absolutely brilliant Bones, I was a little apprehensive about seeing the new actors try to tackle such classic roles, but Urban was unmistakably Dr. McCoy and Spock, Uhura, Sulu, Checkhov and Kirk himself were just as good.

I cannot recommend this movie highly enough. It was brilliant all the way through amd should be a must see for everyone... I'm going again tomorrow.

Uke

...Eh?...
Grave of the Fireflies
10/10
Still a classic movie, and it still made me cry even if this is the second time seeing it.

Uke

...Eh?...
Grave of the Fireflies
10/10
Still a classic movie, and it still made me cry even if this is the second time seeing it.

puxzkkx

Beware!
I had a marathon yesterday!

Ali: Fear Eats the Soul
(1974, Fassbinder)
Grade: A+

Blows Far from Heaven out of the water, simplifying the story but retaining massive emotional power. Brigitte Mira is excellent. I still need to see All That Heaven Allows to round out the unofficial "trilogy".

Take My Eyes
(2003, Bollain)
Grade: A-

Genuinely wrenching domestic abuse drama almost has a documentary feel. Brilliantly written and performed by the two leads, Laia Marull (a nervy Sally Hawkins lookalike) and the intense Luis Tosar.

Hiroshima Mon Amour
(1959, Resnais)
Grade: A

Beautiful lost-souls-romance story that has a magnificent beginning and end but loses focus in the middle. Still, it is a monumental achievement, incredibly powerful and emotionally pungent.

Common Ground
(2002, Aristarain)
Grade: B+

Lovely Argentinean drama is a bit talky but has a real emotional core. Great writing and excellent acting by the two leads, Federico Luppi and Mercedes Sampietro.

Rana's Wedding
(2002, Abu-Assad)
Grade: B+

Interesting film has good acting (especially by hawk-eyed lead Clara Khoury) and some really interesting use of tension. The happy ending is a bonus (because you really don't expect it).

Spring Subway
(2002, Zhang)
Grade: C-

Supremely corny, but gorgeous to look at. The visuals are crystal clear and beautiful and remind me of what "In the Mood for Love" tried and failed to do cinematography-wise. The helmer's past as a music video director clearly shows.

Last edited:

zipzap713

@Peteyism
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Great action, but has some cliche moments. And while it does explain Wolverines past for the most part, it could have been expanded upon much better. Also, the very beginning of the movie starts out a bit unexplainitory. But the effects are great, and the plot, while does have some poor moments, is actually pretty decent
3/5 Stars

ccangelopearl1362

Air Force One.
9.5/10.
This movie, an action thriller starring Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman, kept my attention during every dramatic moment. After commenting on an operation to overthrow the despotic leader of Kazakhstan, one Alexander Radek, American President James Marshall heads back to the United States with his family and advisors aboard the famous presidential plane... only to be caught in the middle of a successful hijack by a group of men loyal to that despotic leader. National Security Advisor Jack Doherty and Deputy Press Secretary Melanie Mitchell are executed as the hijackers await Radek's release, but after Marshall initiates a plan to have the remaining hostages parachute out of the plane while it's refueling, Marshall himself is taken hostage. Very fortunately, Marshall ends up overpowering the terrorists, retaking Air Force One, and bringing Radek's release to a halt -- and Radek's life to an end. In the end, Marshall, his family, and his remaining advisors are safe... but the plane itself may not have been so fortunate. If you like fast-paced action and drama, then chances are that you'll enjoy Air Force One, right up to the end.

ironknight42

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
7/10

First off it is very long, and somewhat boring to say the least. It is a novel concept though to have him age backwards. Now I did not manage to see every second of the movie but also if I'm mistaken there is no real reason to associate Benjamin to M. Gateau's clock which goes backwards. Any ways, if you have the time go ahead and watch it.

puxzkkx

Beware!
Common Wealth (2000, de la Iglesia)
Grade: C

The Spirit of the Beehive (1973, Erice)
Grade: A+

larynx

Day of the Dead:
I've seen it before, but saw it again at an Undead Film fest Saturday night. I wasn't alive when it first came out, so I never got the chance to see it in theaters. Well, I finally did, with a lively, enjoyable audience (which really heightened the experience). Sometimes overacted, the movie stays pretty believable, and has emotional investment.
I believe the best performance to be that of Bub, a zombie who (through training by a not-so-sane scientist) is quite sober compared to the mindless hordes outside.
Though not as great of a gem as Dawn of the Dead (the original, please don't get me going on the subject of the remake), it's still a great film, and, in my opinion, George Romero's last great zombie film.
It's hopeless, somewhat funny (perhaps unintentionally), gory, and full of amazing special effects, pulled off by one of the greats, Tom Savini.
If you are a fan of horror, zombie films, or whatever, I seriously recommend this movie.
Watch it, before someone decides to do a crappy remake that'll tarnish it forever. And if you can, watch it with friends, it becomes even more fun that way.

8/10

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Terminator Salvation

8/10

Minor Spoilers to follow: Apart from a rather unbelievable ending, the film kept my attention. Non-stop action, fantastic acting, and stunning visual effects make it a great watch. Would I pay seven bucks to see it again in theaters, probably not. Would I rent the DVD and watch it again? Probably.

Imaginary Friend

The Galaxist
Les Enfants du Paradis (Children of Paradise)

9.5/10

Often called the French 'Gone with the Wind' this is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Despite the 190 minute length, I watched it from start to finish without ever pausing it. The story is set in 1830's France, and is revolved around a courtesan, Garance and four men who are in love with her, a mime, an aristocrat, an actor and a criminal. This is a definitely a must see for anyone with even a slight interest in foreign cinema.

crobatman

Terminator Salvation was the last one I saw in the theater. I think it was pretty good. I give it a 9/10. It was very enjoyable.

The last one I saw at home was Paul Blart: Mall Cop. That was a great movie. :)
9.5/10.

Golde

Always Searching~
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

10/10

No one else will probably rate it that, but it was nice paced IMO, an interesting storyline, etc. I liked it.

it all started with eevee

eevee's so pimpin :]
Hitch 7/10
Predictable, but still a nice storyline.

Hoodwinked 5/10
Lol so stupid, but fun. Also predictable.

P.S. I Love You
8/10
Beautiful, I loved it.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Night at the Museum
8/10

I love history and this was pretty entertaining, but I took off points for the unnecessary toilet humor. Seriously, Hollywood, did it really need a peeing monkey?

That was the best part...

Night at the Museum

9.5/10

One of my favorite movies, definatly not an original idea and Ben Stiller adds some very good comedy into it.

gtab x3

Taken
8/10
i wanted to see it for while now, and it was alright something a bit different, but with a same old crime, women. I hated how they referred to Women, as this piece or it. that was just rude, even though it was supposed to be like that. This movie was also stupid in a way, that he lets his daughter be caught, and just happens to find these clues, to lead him to his daughter, in real life that would not happen.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I just got back from seeing Up, and while I don't think it quite matches up to Pixar's best (WALL-E, for example), it's still fantastic. The characters, talking and otherwise (for an unintelligent critter, Kevin the bird is oozing with personality) are fantastic, and the story itself...Goodness. Covers a lot of ground that one wouldn't normally expect to see in a children's movie, I guess, and it covers it masterfully. A ten out of ten, I think.

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
^Then whats Wall-e XD, its just that great I know.

I killed an afternoon watching Bicentenialman today. I'll give it 7.5/10 actually seeing as it flows nicely and keeps my attention. We covered this movie in my Philosophy class and it does bring up some issues the future may or may not hold. (Its in direct relation to the 'do robots have rights' thread too). The only thing a little off is the fact that he, sorry to spoil it, has a love interest thats sort of creepy. The grandaughter of his oldest friend. I get the transformation would have taken several years but I still couldnt get over it. Yet its a great movie with some nice fundamentals about love, equality and human life. Robin Williams does another splendid job as well.