• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Review This Song, Then Post Another

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
5/10
Pretty jumpy and would normally be fun to listen to, and it sounds like a good song to dance to, but it's just not my cup of tea. A bit too jumpy I think.

Pirates of the Caribbean Theme

skeeter13

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Can I just ask if we can have a rule where you have to write at least 1 complete sentence if your going to post? I know a few people are, but it comes across like some are just rating for the sake of posting a song.

Interesting, my first thought was Swans when I heard the start. Loveing the sort of jam session in the middle, sounds nice. Some interesting effects on the guitar towards the end, sounds like it could be some sort of rotary effect or something. One of those things my pod has that you never think will come in useful lol some nice funky bass playing too.

quite nice, 8/10

Moss - Subterranean (only first ten minutes)

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
Whilst I love the music, I don't really see how the vocals add anything to the song, in fact I think they distract from the essential enveloping and submerged sound of the music and to be honest sometimes vocals like that just sound a bit silly. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather it was an instrumental track. Still very good though.

7.5/10

Swans - Blind

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I really got into swans this last year, but I'm not familiar with this track, what album is it of? It sounds like latter era swans. I know a lot of people prefer the more brutal/agressive earlier stuff, but I tend to prefer their more melodic side. This track is really nice, I love the almost ethereal feeling the synths provide in the background over the constant pulsating arpegio. As much as I like Gira's voice, I think Jarboe's vocals would have been nice, though i don't know if she was in the band at the time of recording.

I'm going for 9.5/10

Grey Waters - Broken

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
I didn't like it at first, mainly because I found the guitar to sound a little tinny but trying too hard to dominate the instrumentals at the same time. That and I sometimes see this kind of music as a watered-down attempt at metal. However, when I listened to it a bit more, it started to grow on me a fair bit more. The singer's voice is pretty generic but the song itself has a nice atmospheric feel to it that I don't hear very often.

6/10

Paint It Black - Sigma

Hammerheart said:
Can I just ask if we can have a rule where you have to write at least 1 complete sentence if your going to post? I know a few people are, but it comes across like some are just rating for the sake of posting a song.

yes please

Last edited:

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I wasn't sure at first, the sped up break beat was getting a bit annoying, but fortunately, some bass came in and added some variety. I like the ethnic sounding samples in the background. I'm quite fond of how this type of music builds up layer at a time, its something I'm quite interested in when composing music. I would say there isn't much by way of variety, but I think I might be missing the point really. Reminds me a little of Pink Floyd's The Great Gig In The Sky when the female vocals occasionally come in, and oddly the rythems/music remind me a little bit of a 'neo-medieval' band called Covus Corax. I'm actually quite liking this, though I doubt I'd go out of my way to listen to more of it.

Good solid track, 8/10

Lord Wind - Atlantean Monument

POST AT LEAST ONE SENTENCE ABOUT WHY YOU LIKE OR DISLIKE A SONG.

7/10

I definitely like the tribal and ominous feel to the song. Very dramatic. The video stopped with about 30 seconds left and wouldn't play again, but I liked what I heard. I'm usually not a big fan of pure instrumentals, but this one definitely passes the test.

Edit: Listened again and it played the whole song. Didn't really miss much, but it was still good.

Power - Kanye West

Last edited:

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I'm very fussy with modern hip hop. I'm not overly fond of his voice, or phrasing really. I suppose the chanting in the background is quite nice. The tone on the drums or drum sample is quite nice, but I feel it gets a bit repetetive. There's a nice synth sound around 3 and a half minute, but it disappears far too soon. The occasional high pass filter on some of the vocals didn't grab me either.

4/10 sorry

Les Discrets - Les Feuilles de l´ olivier

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Alternative songs are way too similar? Care to show me a band that sound like Alcest? cause ive been looking a while :p

Ive got a really awesome live version of that somewhere. I think I prefer it to the studio version, as they seem more together as a band, and its mixed better. The riff is a classic. A band I keep meaning to get into more, but never get round to doing so.
8/10

Walknut - Come Dreadful Ygg

Last edited:

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Not really my cup of tea, but I like the intro. 3.

Rock Mafia - The Big Bang

One of my new favorite songs. The video is pretty good once you get over the fact that it's Miley Cyrus (Who doesn't sing at all).