• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Review This Song, Then Post Another

Oh that's golden. I haven't listened to The Used in so long... Wow, really takes me back haha. Thank you for re-introducing me to them. :D Great song, great band 8/10.

Skrillex - Kill Everybody

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I' sensing the could be some heavy sort of electronic music heading my way from that intro. The thing going on in the background is quite annoying, I assume its a heavily vocoded voice. Theres a nice pulsing synth comes in around a minute. It's a bit too 'random' for my liking. I can appreciate what their doing, but I think id struggle to sit through too much of that. Despite me saying random, its actually quite predictable and repetitive, save the odd different sample.

4/10

Emancipator - Greenland

Zazie

So 1991
Great track. I enjoy the way the instruments are used, they are all in the background with nothing shoved in your face not even the strings. It allows me to focus all each instrument individually without issue. It does kind of fade into the background however.

8/10

to make things interesting, the most out there song I can think of:
OhGr- Whitevan

Rather catchy right from the start. The sound of the synths is less annoying than in other Crystal Castles songs I've heard. Not bad.

Then the vocals come in. Maybe they're an "acquired taste" but they sort of stick out so much in the mood of music it annoys me. Electronic music has never been my thing anyway, and the blips and bleeps do wear out a bit.

Seems like something I'd never like, just because it's not something I'm into. Maybe if I got some shitty acid I'd like it more.

Immolation - Into Everlasting Fire

Old school, very nice. If I were into DM as much as I used to be I'd enjoy it more. Immolation is good stuff, not their greatest song though. Vocals are nothing special, but the music is where it's good. 1:46 - 2:40 = godly.

6/10

Comadre - Hit Me Up On My Celly Cell

Reminds me of modern punk, but with a nod to the old school. I like clapping along with the drums, I think that works quite well. Not a fan of the vocals though. chanting is pretty cool, but I think chanting works better with background music. Though it has just sort built back up which was alright.

6/10

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kBx07tUHes]Blood Ceremony - Master of Confusion[/url]

Intro isn't anything special. Then it just kicks into another Sabbath worship band. The vocals are fairly matching with the music but nothing special on their own.

Not bad. Just wish it was a bit more original. 6/10.

Celtic Frost - Procreation (Of the Wicked)

Rave

Banned
It does sound a little generic, but that said, it does seem a well written song. I think I will award an additional point for the keyboard players waistcoat and dancing skills :p
I think given the current trend for that sort of indie rock here in the UK, they could be quite popular if they got decent exposure. but alas, its not for me.

6/10

Death in June - But, what ends when the symbols shatter?

Been meaning to check out Death In June for awhile. The guitar work is rather nice but the vocals seem a bit odd and not to my taste.

Some bells come in and sorta annoy me tbh. There's some weird stuff that seems to be attempting to make an atmosphere that I can't get into.

The sudden ending is a bit weird too and not to my taste as well.

4/10

Morbid Angel - Chapel of Ghouls

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
For a second I thought it was going to be a live track, but obviously not. Bit of an abrupt start there, not sure If I liked it or not. I don't know if it was intentional, or done in irony, but there is far too much movement from the band members. :p
The melody is really nice though, quite uplifting. I also found what sounds like the sound of sampled drums, along with real drums. Nice little break down (not sure what else to call it really) towards the end, personally I'd have built it up again rather than fading out though.
Not bad

7/10

Warning - Footprints

Last edited:

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I haven't listened to the band properly since Epica, so it was new to me despite knowing the band. If I'm honest I'm not a fan of slow chuggy riff's in power metal like in the verses. But as Ever Roy's voice is top notch, and the chorus is rather epic, especially with the choral backing vocals. Nice Neo-Classical sounding solo, which runs nicely into the last chorus. The whole thing actually reminded me of a slightly symphonic Symphony X

I enjoyed it, but it had its weaknesses 8/10

Ceremony - Stars Fall

coolespeon

I dont know.
Quite a good song there! The mixture between the distorted guitar and voice brings up an atmosphere that both relaxes and energizes you. I think I'm now into the band.
8/10

CSS - Move