• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Review This Song, Then Post Another

This is where you can judge others for their terrible taste in music and then submit your own terrible taste in music!

Figured if Review the Last Movie You Watched could exist, so could this. Simple enough, I guess. Review the song suggested in the post above yours (assuming you can find it on youtube or wherever). Just tell us what you think, maybe give it an X/10 rating. Then suggest a song for the next person to review. If you feel like it, including a link to youtube in your suggestion would be kickass.

Don't flame others, obviously, and don't get your panties in a wad if someone doesn't like your song. But surely the members of Sppf are more mature than that. Also, don't just post X/10, give a reason. Don't want this to turn into purely PC +1 right? ;) Hell, move it to polls or something if that gets bad.

POST AT LEAST ONE SENTENCE EXPLAINING WHY YOU LOVE OR HATE A SONG.

Next Girl - The Black Keys

Last edited:

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Nice song..however the 8 minutes seems fairly long.. Epic drumming..growls would have sounded better but whatever..Sounds like Nordic metal or is it just the name that confuses my judgment? Its the type of music i listen to once in a while..
6/10

Alesana- Congratulation,I hate you

Oh man, Alesana! I dig 'em, although I haven't listened to them in a while... Anyway I like the intensely-spoken intro and the "I don't want your pity/I hate your pity" part. It really sums up the emotion of the song well in those lines.
I would probably be more into this song right now if I was in the mood for screamo, haha.

7/10

mothertrucker, I knew someone would beat me.

hnnng dubstep and Kayne West. Do like. The whole thing just sounds really good to me, especially the first "ya'll mother****ers know who this is" followed by the breakdown. Yep, I dig it.

9/10

O.N.E. - Yeasayer
(song starts about 30 seconds in, but the video's...interesting)

Last edited:

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
4/10. Not really a metal person, and although the guitar was pretty chill the singing kind of ruined it.

Arctic Monkeys - Marty Bum

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose
(It takes about a minute or so before the track kicks in)
Is the bit in parenthesis supposed to be a disclaimer? A song that has an introduction over 30 seconds long is generally regarded as giving people a feeling. At least the introduction was an acceptable build up.

And then it turned into an awful song.

Actually wait hang on I'm now over two minutes into this song and nothing has happened whatsoever. Just some attempt at I guess SWEEPING and EPIC guitar riffs that are a horrible mish mash of power chords and no rhythm whatsoever aside from a repetitive and ridiculously standard drum beat. Yes, we're aware you have a high hat and a floor tom, and we are also aware you can hit them. Anyone can hit them in the manner you are. Stop being boring.

What you have here is a terrible song that attempts to be powerful melodic 'metal' or whatever the kids are calling anything with a power chord in it these days that climaxes in... actually there is no climax it just repeated itself and then faded out after an extraordinarily dull crescendo.

Do not listen to this song under any circumstances.

Captain Ahab - I Don't Have a Dick

Enjoy, oh and it's got swearing in it (shocker) so you should probably be aware of that.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I'd ay the WHW song, is a case of more than the sum of its parts if you ask me. Its whats being played, its the feeling it evokes. But each to their own I suppose.

Captain Ahab...well, there's some pretty annoying synth sounds going on. I'm not apposed to synth's, on the contrary, I love a nice analogue moog or synthi, but that just got on my nerves. It doesn't feel like a song that needed to be written, it sort of feels thrown together for the sake of throwing a song together. I don't feel anything listening to it. I don't find it entertaining, so in that respect I think it fails as music for entertainment, does it work as a piece of art?, not really. And it certainly wouldn't fall under folk music. I wan't to find positives, but other than it has a chord progression that isn't terrible, I'm struggling.

1/10 for it being listenable.

(lets see if people are actually listening all the way through with this one that throws up a surprise or two ;) )
The Meads of Asphodel - Addicted to God

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
6/10. I love the beat, but I think the song would've been better silent or more understandable. I can only understand 'I am atticted to my god'. Then at 4:20 to 5:16, when the original beat kicks up and the original singing starts again. The best is nice though. Listened to the whole song. It would've been nice without the random pauses in the music. That image also creeps the **** out of me.

Thousand Foot Krutch - Absolute

Let's see how my favorite song is to other people.

Last edited:

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
7/10 I really do like that song. It's got a catchy beat and the singer's voice is pleasant to listen to. I just started to zone out a little because the tune got a bit repetitive for me.

Largo from Winter, by Antonio Vivaldi

Next poster will probably hate me for this one XD

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Danggg that is long but yeah it was awesome..
The drums? epic as hell..but i honestly probably wont listen to it over and over because well of length and hmm other reasons which i dont know myself..
7/10

All time low - Shameless

It has some "bad words" so beware i guess..

@Crickee, i guess you have awesome taste in music?

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I wondered if it would be the band Master, or the band Heathen.
I have a lot of friends into master, but they have never really grabbed me. Its a pretty nice guitar tone. The first minute didn't grab me, to chuggy, and plodding along, but once the double bass/slow blast beats came in it got better. But now its gone back to the boring slow riff.
It seems to inconsistent a song to give too high a rating, so im going to give it a 7/10

Syven - How Fare the Gods?