• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Review This Song, Then Post Another

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter

I respect that you have your own taste in music, but... that was just god awful. Up until 1 minute in I was seriously cringing with the lack of any good melody and how horrendous the lead singer's voice is. After that the beat got better, but his voice was still less appealing than fingernails on a blackboard. I;m sorry man, but that was a horrible listen.

1/10

Not bad, but a bit too Simple Plan for me.

I honestly never thought I'd hear someone use "Simple Plan" as a bad thing.

[video=youtube;H2M7zo8ZziE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2M7zo8ZziE[/video]

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I respect that you have your own taste in music, but... that was just god awful. Up until 1 minute in I was seriously cringing with the lack of any good melody and how horrendous the lead singer's voice is. After that the beat got better, but his voice was still less appealing than fingernails on a blackboard. I;m sorry man, but that was a horrible listen.

1/10

I honestly never thought I'd hear someone use "Simple Plan" as a bad thing.

I think what would make a lot of people consider Oceana to be a bad band is that they aren't the typical overly mixed and mastered recordings most are used to. I love their indie style partly because it's not just the same old thing and because there's true talent and passion in what they're doing. It's cool if you don't like it though, to each their own.

Although I really don't care for Simple Plan, I didn't mean that comment negatively. I mostly just meant that it sounded like Simple Plan to me, haha. Silverstein is usually pretty heavy and it was just a huge tone down.

6/10 Simple Plan are one of the better pop punk bands, in my opinion. Probably in my top 3 for bands in that genre (New Found Glory being my favourite). Nice cameo from Mark Hoppus.

Tilde - Touche Amore

Whoa. Before I decided to post that Oceana song, I almost posted Tilde. 10/10
Best album.

The Color Morale

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
I think what would make a lot of people consider Oceana to be a bad band is that they aren't the typical overly mixed and mastered recordings most are used to. I love their indie style partly because it's not just the same old thing and because there's true talent and passion in what they're doing. It's cool if you don't like it though, to each their own.

I honestly don't have any idea what that other guy was cringing from, I really really loved his voice, and the song itself had that gorgeous laid-back feel that just makes me warm inside.

The song that you just posted now, on the other hand, I didn't care for at all. It wasn't bad compared to other metalcore but I hate metalcore more than any other genre so I would give it a 3/10. Definitely not as obnoxious as some other stuff my sister listens to but it mostly felt the same.

Porcupine Tree - Sentimental

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I honestly don't have any idea what that other guy was cringing from, I really really loved his voice, and the song itself had that gorgeous laid-back feel that just makes me warm inside.

The song that you just posted now, on the other hand, I didn't care for at all. It wasn't bad compared to other metalcore but I hate metalcore more than any other genre so I would give it a 3/10. Definitely not as obnoxious as some other stuff my sister listens to but it mostly felt the same.

Porcupine Tree - Sentimental

I honestly only posted The Color Morale song because I saw it as a "related video" on YouTube and I remember how much I used to love that guy's singing voice. That and The Color Morale released a new album last month that was really awful. All nostalgia, lol.

I give "Sentimental" a 7.5/10. I really liked it even though such a slow genre isn't my cup of tea. I felt like it could have built up to just a little bit more, at least with the singing, and I would have loved it.

Diamond Youth- Fix of Mine

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter

Eh, it was alright. Better than anything else you've ever posted.

*insert snobby scoffing sounds here*

6/10

I'd like to point out now that the album that this next song comes from was TERRIBLE. I am a huge Coheed and Cambria fan, and I just about threw myself out of a window after this thing was released. I held myself back because it had two good songs on it. This is my favorite of them.

[video=youtube;9jIBTmdGKKQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jIBTmdGKKQ[/video]

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?

Deadly.Braviary

7.5/10
Haha, that was fun, but I could just barely make out the lyrics. I get that it's metal, and you shouldn't be able to make out what exactly they're singing, but it's a little off-putting. But that was generally pretty cool.

Outer space, here we come!

~Deadly

6/10 I was enjoying the song right up until it started doing the whole "Bullseye! *bass drop*" thing. It's generic and far too many dubstep artists do it.

Falling To Pieces - Faith No More

Cool to see someone else who likes Touche Amore. Oceana are pretty cool too. Rise are definitely signing a lot better bands.
I don't like the name of the band or the song. But I do love how creative the video was. The music was ok. Not really my cup of tea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-P7PiDBb6g&list=PL3DD6A3E8CE1027CD&index=56