• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Revision

Aurath8

Ugh, revision

Yeah I decided to revise my White 2 team.
I realised I didn't have any properly bulky pokemon besides Drifblim, and that getting Stunfisk, Drifloon and Aqua Jet Marill on to the game was far too much effort. Drifloon was fairly simple to breed and trade, but I didn't want Stunfisk and Marill to get the1.5x boost for a traded pokemon's exp, meaning I had to trade them as eggs and hatch them in White 2. I still wanted them to have the right nature though so I was forced to go through a convoluted process that involved saving after each egg and then resetting to 'un-hatch' it. Also, bar the frail Lucario the team could not handle Dragons too well. So, now I've switched over to more convenient pokemon, here's the revised team.

First I set about replacing Azumarill. I needed an early water type with Surf and next in line was Frillish. Of course there was Vaporeon but while Eevees will probably readily available in some form for a long time, I doubt Frillish will be available by the first gym. I say the first gym because I'll be trading over a Herdier with Surf because after the 5th gym all the Frillish/Jellicent will be lvl 5-15 requiring tons of grinding by the time I get Surf and I'm not waiting until Undella Bay.

So now I had Surf I could get rid of Stunfisk. He was only really there because he's one of the best pokemon that learns both Earthquake/Earth Power and Surf, besides Nidoking. I still needed an Electric type and narrowed it down to Electivire and Magnezone. I chose Magnezone because I needed another physically bulky pokemon and I've wanted to use him since HGSS.

Lastly there's Drifblim. Again, I decided that there would be more Drifloon, but there will almost certainly never be another chance to get a lvl 25 Braviary. And oh, look at that it's immune to Ground moves.

And so, the bulkier, synergised more powerful(well apart from Azumarill) demi-team is ready.

Serperior@Leftovers
Quiet
Overgrow
200 Spatk / 52 Atk / 252 Spd
-Growth
-Giga Drain
-Dragon Pulse
-Aqua Tail

I'd expect more people to make use of Growth Serperior. Neither Coil nor Calm Mind really satisfy the two important additions to its movepool: Aqua Tail and Dragon Pulse.
Serperior remains unchanged apart from the quiet nature. I didn't want to lower Serp's offences or defences leaving me the choice of a neutral nature or this. Serperior's speed is lowered to roughly the level of a positive base 101 speed pokemon, so it's still very fast, but also bulkier.

Lucario@Life Orb
Naive / Hasty
Inner Focus
200 Spatk / 52 Atk / 252 Spd
-Work Up
-Aura Sphere / Drain Punch
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Punch

Very similar to Serperior, except it can function just fine before the Work Up boost thanks to just being much more awesome all-round. If anything, I consider this to be my starter rather than Serperior.
Lucario stays the same as well except Dark Pulse. I've chosen Dark Pulse over Shadow Ball because, imo, flinching is better than Spdef drops. Besides there are only 5 Heracross/Toxicroak in BW2 before the E4.

Darmanitan@Life Orb
Jolly
Sheer Force
252 Atk / 176 Spe / 80 HP
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-U-turn / Fire Punch

Most powerful non-suicidal attack in the game? Yes please. Fire Punch is only there when I don't need to utterly nuke something. Of course it's still more powerful than Excadrill's Earthquake. Darmanitan is unchanged for good reason.

Jellicent@Leftovers
Modest
Water Absorb
252 Spatk / 252 HP / 4 Spdef
-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Will-o-Wisp

Ah Jellicent. I chose this as it was the bulkiest and best thing that could learn Surf that came reasonably early in the game. Well, apart form Vaporeon. Surf because I need it, or rather, I hate not being able to Surf in every random pool of water. Will-o-Wisp helps patch up my defence.

Magnezone@Leftovers
Modest
Sturdy
252 Spatk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Signal Beam
-Thunder Wave

Jellicent's partner-in-crime. They synergise excellently together, resisting every type in the game apart from Ground, which Jellicent hits super effectively with Surf. T-bolt and Flash Cannon are standard STABs. Signal Beam covers Grass types and helps during the E4. T-Wave makes it the primary crippler alongside his gelatinous brother. Legendary catching will fall to him.

Braviary@Choice Band
Jolly
Defiant
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
-Brave Bird
-Superpower
-Return
-Fly

So, you've got decent STABs an stats double of just about anything you'll encounter for the next 15 levels. What do you do? Answer: you've already died to this monster. Seriously though, getting Braviary before stuff like Yamask is crazy awesome.
So Flying+Fighting is still the ****. Only Rotom and Zapdos resist it and they're encountered a grand total of 3 times with one in White Forest. Return is another filler when I don't want to kill myself.

So there you have it. The new, improvedhigher-tiered team with a much better colour balance. And here, a summary of everything upon the bottom line, summarised summarily.​

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I don't think Darmanitan needs that much speed. With those EVs and Jolly nature, it hits 317 Spe (at Lv 100) which is a bit overkill imo. Maybe invest more into HP so you won't die as quick due to Flare Blitz (though the difference will probably be marginal)? 176 Spe lets you reach a jump point and 297 Spe which allows you to outspeed the whole game apart from Accelgor and +Spe Weavile, Jolteon and Crobat. So maybe try 252 Atk / 176 Spe / 80 HP.

I can't really think of anything else tbh. Nice team :)

Aura Sensei™

User Title
The only thing I can see possibly being changed is Drain Punch instead of Aura Sphere on Lucario for teh healing. Of course , you should probably switch the EV's to 200 Atk / 56 SpA / 252 Spe.

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
I wouldn't personally do it lol but I'll bring up the suggesiton of Leaf Storm / Outrage / Aqua Tail / Swords Dance on Serperior and then switch around SpA and Att EV's.

Your team is 4/6 quake edge weak but no one gives a **** so it's ok

nice team, it's actually pretty good :)

Aurath8

I don't think Darmanitan needs that much speed. With those EVs and Jolly nature, it hits 317 Spe (at Lv 100) which is a bit overkill imo. Maybe invest more into HP so you won't die as quick due to Flare Blitz (though the difference will probably be marginal)? 176 Spe lets you reach a jump point and 297 Spe which allows you to outspeed the whole game apart from Accelgor and +Spe Weavile, Jolteon and Crobat. So maybe try 252 Atk / 176 Spe / 80 HP.

I can't really think of anything else tbh. Nice team :)

The only reason I doubt this is because, the reason I gave it so much speed is because I want it to avoid damage as possible. But then again only a handful of pokemon are being outsped anyway so I'll give it a try.

The only thing I can see possibly being changed is Drain Punch instead of Aura Sphere on Lucario for teh healing. Of course , you should probably switch the EV's to 200 Atk / 56 SpA / 252 Spe.

Well I'll be using Drain Punch for a few levels until Aura Sphere is finally learnt so I'll decide then. I could even go fully physical with Swords Dance and Crunch/Extremespeed. The entire moveset is really built around the fighting STAB in that sense.

I wouldn't personally do it lol but I'll bring up the suggesiton of Leaf Storm / Outrage / Aqua Tail / Swords Dance on Serperior and then switch around SpA and Att EV's.

Your team is 4/6 quake edge weak but no one gives a **** so it's ok

nice team, it's actually pretty good :)

I'm not really a fan of one-shot moves like Leaf Storm, Overheat, Psycho Boost etc. especially without a secondary STAB. Problem is Leaf Blade/Giga Drain ends up giving me 4 moveslot-syndrome: without setup moves Serp's too weak, without Aqua Tail he's walled by Steels, and without Dragon Pulse he's walled by Dragons, making him useless for 2 major fights in the game.