• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rhapsody In Drew (400)

Kabuto

little punks!
Pretty good ending but the best part was Snorunt evolving. Can't wait to see Glalie fight in the Hoenn league. Snorunt was cute, but I think evolving it was a good idea.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Torkoal Stu said:
He didn't keep his old voice?

His old voice was perfect. And did the remember who Robert was X_X
To tell you the truth, I can't remember who voiced him before. Maybe it was Mike Pollock. Still, that's not why I'm upset. The voice that the gave him was just Sean Schemmel's Juan/Crowler voice. WAY too soon to be hearing that again.

Glalie sounds exactly as I thought it would. Glad to see they didn't give it the now dubbed "Shiftry Voice"

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
This episode was good and a good GF overall although as people will notice you can tell the writers rushed. It seemed like the writers tried jamming too many things in one episode. For the comment about Harley with Sanji's voice god I hope not. Harley's voice is good as it is. Besides young Sanji is voiced by Veronica Taylor which would be interesting to see the two VA's work in an episode again but W/E. Although it made me cringe when listening to young Sanji talk in that entire episode mainly because he sounded way too much like ash and nothing like his older self.

I've been waiting for this moment ever since Episode 385. Ash gets a Glalie =DDD

This episode insta-wins because of Glalie. Its voice was justincredible. And it wasn't that Shiftry voice most Pokémon get stuck with, it was deeper and more menacing. That's a yes :)

Glalie's Ice Beam looked amazing, it's getting me quite excited for the Hoenn League =)

I noticed Glalie's size, and yeah, it's a lot smaller than it should be.

Snorunt's evolution was rather out there, I'll admit. Snorunt was running alongside Ash for no apparent reason, and then it saved Pikachu from a powerful attack.....for no apparent reason(this makes a bit more sense, though. Snorunt can be selfless when puit to the test :)). Still, if it gave us Glalie, I have no complaints =D

I liked having some sort of side-story with Robert, because he's a cool guy and it would be a shame to have him as just another winner =[

Enough about Glalie, though. It made the episode for me, but that's not the point of this episode.

Banette was pronounced strangely, a bit different than I had expected it. I expected the first syllable to be pronounced like the actual word, "Ban," as in Banned from the Forums.

Harley and May's battle seemed a little fast-paced ;-; I wish it had been just a bit longer and well thought-out, but meh.

Pinsir appearance, excellent. Anthony's tactics were good, it's a shame we couldn't see more of them.

Sky Uppercut looked magnificent here, especially when it hit Flygon.

Speaking of Flygon, I was incredibly disappointed that Ash had to Dex it ._. He rode the thing in Jirachi: Wishmaker, he should be able to remember it.

The TC wasn't that hard, as opposed to the prio episode's. I would've died laughing if they chose Regirock as the right answer, though xD

We barely saw anything of Robert vs. Drew, which is a shame, because I enjoy both of their battles whenever I see them.

The ending bit was nice as well. Drew's explanation of how vital training is for the next Festival was superb.

Overall rating:
9.3 out of 10
To me, this episode was worth it because of Glalie's debut. But other than that, it was a solid episode, ruined slightly by the fact that it was noticably rushed.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

G

Geki

An AWESOME episode. May VS Harley was my favorite, May pwned him!! May VS Drew was also really good. Ash's Snorunt evolved which was the best part of the episode for me. I can't wait for the next four weeks, the Hoenn League finally. I can't wait for that.

10/10

V Faction

www.faction.com
~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
Speaking of Flygon, I was incredibly disappointed that Ash had to Dex it ._. He rode the thing in Jirachi: Wishmaker, he should be able to remember it.
"So that's a Flygon."

I know. It's pathetic. But sometimes, they just have to follow what the episode dictates. Put the blame on the original writers for having Ash using his PokeDex.

Torchic23

gee that's swell
I love this episode!

Drew and May rock!! Robert's voice was just....ug

I love how May's mom noticed something going on at the "romantic beach" between May and Drew

Awsome episode!

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
V Faction said:
"So that's a Flygon."
You know, that scene would have been salvaged if Brock had punched Ash in the back of the head after that comment. It really would have.
Hey, if he can wallop Misty...

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
V Faction said:
When did he whallop Misty?! You must tell me!
'Bulbsaur's Hidden Village' or whatever it was called. Punched her in the head twice if I recall correctly.

Brock: The suave, debonair ladies man.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode really had some great dialouge.

When Harley was watching the crowd cheer for May even though she lost he goes, "There's just no justice!"

Drew's, "Don't trust anybody!" line pretty much sums up his character. I was quite pleased he said that to May, since May is awfully naive and trusting. That line pretty much proves that Drew is a loner who quite frankly, doesn't trust anybody.

The Robert/Ash/Glalie scene was also quite good. Nice to see an experienced coordinator help get Snorunt to use Ice beam and evolve.

Battles were pretty good as well. May put up a great fight against both Harley and Drew. In fact, she nearly gave Drew a run for his money at some points. I wouldn't be all that surprised if she beats him in the next Grand Festival.

Combusken going inside the flamethrower was fantastic, as well as Bulbasaur riding ontop of Beautifly.

Again, shame the Anthony/May and Robert/Drew battles were like 10 seconds each. Wish we gotta another episode for the GF.

Caroline is a nice lady, I like her much more than Delia. Finally a mother who is not a total screw ball in this show! Caroline's line about her daughter becoming such a great coordinator when she hated Pokemon at first was also very heartwarming.

MY GOD I LOVE MAY'S FAMILY! Caroline >>>>>>>>>>> Delia.

Excellent episodes, only wish it was just one episode longer.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
The battles were alright although I thought some situations could've been handled by May better. One thing petal dance countering will o wisp was rather odd and I still dont understand. Also May could've beaten but it was obvious that once she ordered tackle and quick attack it was over for her. I also wish she remebered that Ice>Dragon. I also dont think she ever touched upon using her fire attacks against roselia either but oh well.

V Faction

www.faction.com
CyberCubed said:
Caroline is a nice lady, I like her much more than Delia. Finally a mother who is not a total screw ball in this show! Caroline's line about her daughter becoming such a great coordinator when she hated Pokemon at first was also very heartwarming.

MY GOD I LOVE MAY'S FAMILY! Caroline >>>>>>>>>>> Delia.
Meh. Both are M.I.L.F.'s. That's good enough for me.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
And one seems to actually be a caring realistic mother, the other is a nutjob who is more worried about Ash changing his underwear than anything else.

I wonder where May got her girliness from. Unless Caroline was a wild girl when she was younger...

V Faction

www.faction.com
CyberCubed said:
And one seems to actually be a worried realistic mother, the other is a psycho who is more worried about contestshipping than anything else.
See how easily it can be changed? Ha!

Shatoshi

Johto Trainer
heh I just saw it and i love dit....especialy theese to parts....

May: *to harley* AND YOU DRESS WEIRD!"

and

Ash: *out of nowhere* Cone? *sticks Ice Cream in mays face*

PDL

disenchanted
V Faction said:
Meh. Both are M.I.L.F.'s. That's good enough for me.

Horray :)

anyway, this episode was quite well done, though a tad rush... nothing more to comment on though...

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I'm glad we finally go to see the whole Grand Festival. I do agree with like everyone else. Harley was just drawn badly. Loved her double battle against him. The only thing that would have made it better is if she went up to him at the end and "female-dog" slapped him.

I must say I'm not a fan of Glalie's voice. I expected it to be a bit echo-y. But I really don't care, it evolved. Ash's power team is complete.

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
I noticed Glalie's size, and yeah, it's a lot smaller than it should be.

YES, and it bugged the hell out of me. >.< It didn't look very much larger at all compared to Snorunt, for cryin' out loud... Although...yeah, Ash would've had a harder time getting his arms around it; wouldn't want to sacrifice the cute little hug scene...psssh. u_u

Still, though, fun-size or not, CRAP, THAT THING WAS COOL. I dreaded them possibly giving it a stupid voice, and blessedly, they didn't. They made it sound...evil. Absolutely frelling evil. I love it. ^^

...though the VOICE OF SOUL-DEVOURING DOOM would have been even more effective had Glalie been the proper size...

OKAY, I WILL SHUT UP ABOUT THE SIZE NOW. XD

Gravy said:
V Faction said:
"So that's a Flygon."
You know, that scene would have been salvaged if Brock had punched Ash in the back of the head after that comment. It really would have.

That absolutely should have happened, especially since at least one other person indicated the frelling thing as a Flygon, as did THE FLYGON ITSELF. Good grief, Ash. u_u;;

Last edited: